United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Timestamp 1:50

It is very telling how the stance on COVID-19 vaccines has shifted 180 degrees from when Trump was still acting President.

It hasn't. trump may have ridiculed the vaccines and promoted "quack" cures, but Dr. Fauci and other medical experts bravely spoke the truth to power about COVID-19 and the vaccines.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It is very telling how the stance on COVID-19 vaccines has shifted 180 degrees from when Trump was still acting President.
Who is this guy? And why should I listen to him? The info I got from Trump came from his mouth, his Twitter account and his lawyers.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who is this guy? And why should I listen to him? The info I got from Trump came from his mouth, his Twitter account and his lawyers.

Yes, Trump told people to get the vaccines. Kamala harris said she wouldn't do so if Trump told people to get it.
So, just as the OP's title said:
Media coverage on vaccines the opposite when Trump was President

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Trump told people to get the vaccines. Kamala harris said she wouldn't do so if Trump told people to get it.
WHEN did Trump tell people to get the vaccine ?

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
WHEN did Trump tell people to get the vaccine ?

Right after he pulled out all the stops to fast track the manufacture of it. Remember "Operation Warp Speed"?
Try showing me where he tells us NOT to get it.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right after he pulled out all the stops to fast track the manufacture of it. Remember "Operation Warp Speed"?
Try showing me where he tells us NOT to get it.
I don't have to show that he said not to get it.

I just don't remember him encouraging Americans to get it.

After all, when the vaccines first came on line, he was already voted out.

At that point he was sulking and/or protesting the vote ...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't have to show that he said not to get it.

I just don't remember him encouraging Americans to get it.

After all, when the vaccines first came on line, he was already voted out.

At that point he was sulking and/or protesting the vote ...

Why would he put so much effort into fast tracking the manufacture of the vaccines, and then make a special announcement that they're available and how great they are (in the video I posted), but not encourage people to get it?

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would he put so much effort into fast tracking the manufacture of the vaccines, and then make a special announcement that they're available and how great they are (in the video I posted), but not encourage people to get it?
Because it was no longer politically advantageous for him. He already lost the election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He also encouraged protesting ,not wearing mask and stuff like that. Most Trump supporters, that I know believe he didn't support COVID -19 vaccination. Because because he didn't believe in COVID-19 .He was back and forth. And no clue what he was talked ng about

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Don't forget the first ten seconds of this classic:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because it was no longer politically advantageous for him. He already lost the election.

Fine. Show me the part of the video where he discouraged people from getting it.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fine. Show me the part of the video where he discouraged people from getting it.
He doesn’t need to outright discount it. Notice he received the vaccine but has no interest in promoting it now that the people voted him out. He has large influence amongst his still loyal followers- who incidentally make up a large portion of COVID anti-vax or hesitant- and yet doesn’t feel motivated to encourage them. No personal gain for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He doesn’t need to outright discount it. Notice he received the vaccine but has no interest in promoting it now that the people voted him out. He has large influence amongst his still loyal followers- who incidentally make up a large portion of COVID anti-vax or hesitant- and yet doesn’t feel motivated to encourage them. No personal gain for him.

I also keep hearing that he's not the president anymore either. So why the emphasis on what Trump is, or is not doing at this point?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget the first ten seconds of this classic:

Incredible! Not so much that he said that, but that everyone has forgotten how many people like him have said such things, and now divert attention away from that fact to say, "It's the Republicans that are discouraging people from getting vaccinated!"

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution

Don’t be shocked at some of the responses…. there are two reasons for that ….

First is, that they are CNN and other liberal news media followers, so the information which they believe to be truth, were lies, manipulated commentary and disinformation from the talking heads….in which case it’s totally understandable.

The other reason would be….....honesty is not part of their resume when it comes to the hatred of Trump. While hatred will blind you to a degree… so that you only see and hear only what fuels your disdain …you also have to be willingly dishonest to ignore the truth ….even when it is right before you.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also keep hearing that he's not the president anymore either. So why the emphasis on what Trump is, or is not doing at this point?
He was President when he got the vaccine but was silent on promoting it after the election.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He was President when he got the vaccine but was silent on promoting it after the election.

Let me get this straight. Someone just posted a video of Trump announcing the availability of the vaccine, and in the video he says "this will save millions of lives". And he made that announcement after the election. Yet you say he was silent on promoting it after the election.

Walk me through your thought process so I understand.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Wake up! How long have we studied the long term effects of the vaccines?

First U. S. polio epidemic...

1921 FDR contracted polio...

1934 Australian researchers Frank M. Burnet (1899-1985) and Jean Macnamara (1899-1968) infected monkeys with polio from a fatal human case of the disease. The monkeys had recovered from a previous case of polio and yet were paralyzed by the new infection. Their work showed that there was more than one type of poliovirus, and that previous infection with one type did not confer immunity to another type. The implication was clear: a polio vaccine would need to provide protection from all types of polio.
It would be 20 years before David Bodian and Isabel Morgan would demonstrate that there are three types of polioviruses.

Basil O’Connor (1892-1972), a New York lawyer and Roosevelt advisor, organized the first of many annual Birthday Balls to commemorate Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s birthday and to raise money for polio research. The dance contests were enormously successful and led to Roosevelt’s creation of the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis in 1938.
Timeline | History of Vaccines

From wikipedia:
In the United States, the 1952 polio epidemic was the worst outbreak in the nation's history, and is credited with heightening parents' fears of the disease and focusing public awareness on the need for a vaccine. Of the 57,628 cases reported that year, 3,145 died and 21,269 were left with mild to disabling paralysis.

My dad was in high school when he got polio. I wish I had asked him what year that was.

"In 1946, President Harry Truman declared polio a threat to the United States and called on Americans to do everything possible to combat it...

"Early attempts to develop a vaccine ran into numerous hurdles. A vaccine tested on 10,000 children by two researchers at New York University provided no immunity and left nine children dead. Other vaccine trials used 'volunteers' at mental institutions.

"At the University of Pittsburgh, Jonas Salk launched what was then the largest human trial in history, injecting nearly 2 million American kids with a potential vaccine. When it was announced that his vaccine worked, Salk was hailed as a humanitarian hero."
Wiping Out Polio: How The U.S. Snuffed Out A Killer

Shocking 1940s video shows how US children were sprayed with dangerous pesticide as neighbourhoods were gassed with the 'miracle cure' that could kill mosquitoes and end Polio
Texas children sprayed with dangerous pesticide DDT in 1940s clip | Daily Mail Online

My grandmother's sister used DDT around her home regularly. She died of cancer. Humans are still learning a lot of things.

I've had two vaccines for the corona virus.

Upvote 0