Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So, we only get to count the attacks the YOU want to count?

Steve, time is something that isn't counted how you or I want it to be, it just is. It's been almost 2 decades since 9/11, so you can hardly count that as recent. In America in the past year how many Americans have committed terrorist attacks like mass shootings & threatened terrorism like the Coast Guard white nationalist Trump fan vs Islamic terrorists killing anyone on our soil?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know when “medical” abortions started, but yes abortion has been around for a very long time. Women used herbs to induce abortion.
Since we don't have any numbers, is there a comparison?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think the OP point is well taken. While the white supremacist idiot that murdered those Muslims in NZ garners TONS of news headlines and shows, there is little when it comes to Muslim terrorism. Why is that? If that many deaths were caused in a year by white supremacists the news would be nonstop. Yet it's not. Why? Is it because most of the deaths are other Muslims? Is it because of where it's happening?

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I think the OP point is well taken. While the white supremacist idiot that murdered those Muslims in NZ garners TONS of news headlines and shows, there is little when it comes to Muslim terrorism. Why is that? If that many deaths were caused in a year by white supremacists the news would be nonstop. Yet it's not. Why? Is it because most of the deaths are other Muslims? Is it because of where it's happening?
so why talk about it now and only bring it up whenever muslims are the targets of such attacks. it's the usual tactic we see on the right to diminish the butchery of others and make those that were killed seem less sympathetic and probably deserving of the attacks.
at any other time we never hear hide nor hair about dead africans or middle easterners. the yemen war has been going on for ages and it barely ever makes the news cycles. the chinese are running literal concentration camps for the uighurs and that is never mentioned. we have the Rohingya being ethnically cleansed and all that garners is a couple of dimwits on this forum stating that they either deserve it or it just isn't happening in the face of all the evidence that it is.

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Comparison of what? I simply stated that abortion predates white supremacy.
Maybe, but if I throw in nationalist Bigotry, it goes all the way back to Egypt.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, but if I throw in nationalist Bigotry, it goes all the way back to Egypt.
I’m sorry, I’m really not following you. I don’t know what you wanted me to compare and you didn’t answer when I asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg
This Thread
From News & Current Events
To The Kitchen Sink
This is a More Fitting Forum
For This Subject

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry, I’m really not following you. I don’t know what you wanted me to compare and you didn’t answer when I asked.
Disconnect in communication I guess.

Upvote 0