✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
McMaster: Trump 'aiding and abetting Putin's efforts' at election interference

God bless the Generals all--McMaster, Mattis, and Flynn.

They put country first, breaking their rigid military discipline to serve a higher calling--the truth and the common good of the American people.

Now if only we could get the Senators to listen.

Bonus: General Mattis roasts Trump at the Al Smith Dinner (hosted by Cardinal Timothy Dolan to support Catholic Charities.)

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sure President Obama seemed like a wisdom figure once McChrystal met his successor.
I have been reading writings of Harry Truman, a president I believe had the greatest challenge our nation ever faced--dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I am not convinced it was the right decision, but to his credit, he set up the Marshall plan, worked on establishing the United Nations, and taking other steps to insure that such a step would never happen again.

In any case, Truman was talking about past presidents. Do you know that after William Howard Taft was no longer president he became the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. President Obama, who taught Constitutional law and is a proven leader with an even tempermant and fairmindedness, would be an amazing Supreme Court justice.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
McMaster is just one more in a long line of ambitious people who respected and supported the President when they thought he would make them important players in his administration, but became big time critics the minute they didn't get what they wanted and BECAUSE they didn't get it.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
McMaster is just one more in a long line of ambitious people who respected and supported the President when they thought he would make them important players in his administration, but became big time critics the minute they didn't get what they wanted and BECAUSE they didn't get it.
Most of these people had long distinguished careers BEFORE they became part of trump's administration. Many of these people had risen to near the highest, if not the highest, positions they could achieve in their careers. Many of these people were near the end of their service to the country. Most of these people probably didn't care who the president was and were there merely to share the vast amount of experience and knowledge they possessed.

I doubt that many of them cared one iota about being "important players" in trump's administration.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Interesting because McChrystal did not have great love for President Obama.
Which he actually talks about in the interview. At 2:17 he does say that he and Obama had many differences on policy and actions, but he also says that Obama was willing ot listen to what McChrystal had to say and at 4:21 he says they still respected what the other thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums