McCains newest (possible) selection for running mate, what you think?

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying I'm in favor of Obama. I am saying that we need to forget the labels of republican and democrat, or Libertarian and Independent, and simply look at the issues. We all have issues that are more or less important to us, so we need to take the issues we personally care about and do the research.

True, but Americans need to stop voting on side issues (that's a whole other thread). A weak, poor, broke America is a weak, poor broke ally of Israel. Israel needs a superpower to have its back, not a broke banana republic. A vote for more laissez faire capitalism and Republican imperialist expansionism is a vote for the demise of the US economy and streets filled with homeless families.

The US economy cannot take much more punishment. It's not invincible. A vote for the GOP is a vote to turn the USA into a poor country with poor people and a rich ruling class. Vote Democrat- it's the lesser of two evils and it will curb the rule of big money, invest in the populace and make the nation stronger. People with more money means more strength in the economy- that's the way the USA is (unfortunately) set up.

The current GOP trend in econonic policies is about creating wealth at the top, which doesn't seem to trickle down as supposed, since absolutely everything in the country is privatised, and thus geared for profit while putting the populace under the slavery of a user-pays-and-an-already-filthy-rich-guy-profits economy. All it does is increase the cost of living which in turn creates stress on disposable income, which is already under pressure because of the out of control wage disparity.

End this, America. Stop the tyranny of wage disparity and skyrocketing living expenses. End big money gambling away your investments. No more Enrons, no more sub-prime schemes. Make the country strong again, and Israel is safe. Weaken the place further, and you will watch the oil rich nations chip away at our allies- and us.

Reactions: Torah613
Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
you know y'all, I shudder at the thought of more than one political thread, but we seem to be discussing everything other than the topic of the OP. Perhaps we should steer back to that and talk about our other ideas in a different thread.

yochanan

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is my opinion, Cantor should not be on the ticket. Why?

Because no Jew should, if at all humanly possible, live anywhere except Israel.

Yochanan
And what if they don't want to? The second largest Jewish population is right here were both you and I live. And we are hear for that reason, to live. If we ( or our grandparents) didn't move over here we wouldn't probably be alive today. So why not bless this country with our presence? And why not have Jews in high positions? In fact they have been and still continue today. and I believe the only reason is, and the policys that the US has had with Israel is because of the Jews living here, not there.

Yes, it is great to be able to return to our homeland, but sometimes we must sacrifice for the greater of all. Also just think what oppurtunity it would give for those who hate us, if all Jews from around the world were gathered together in Israel. :o

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
you know y'all, I shudder at the thought of more than one political thread, but we seem to be discussing everything other than the topic of the OP. Perhaps we should steer back to that and talk about our other ideas in a different thread.

yochanan
Thank you .

I know there is a thread in here about obama because I started it. :p I would like this one to not be tainted by that candidate, but so far no one has respected my wishes. Just goes to show that politics overruns politeness and respect. ;)

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I would love to have a Jewish VP....is he a believer?

Depends on what your definition of "believer" is, LOL. He is not
a messianic if that is what you are asking. Here is what JewishWeek
says about him:

Like Lieberman, Cantor is an observant, affiliated Jew who is said to keep a kosher home.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here is some basic info from googling him which indicates he is quite
conservative, zionistic, and would make a good counter to McCain
who many Conservatives do not consider conservative enough:
Cantor, a steadfast conservative on abortion, foreign policy, tax cuts, and business issues, may help McCain mobilize conservative voters.
Cantor's political skills are also a valuable asset. Washington politicians and strategists view Cantor as a bright and gifted politician, and they respect and admire his record as a coalition builder, party leader, and prodigious fundraiser. Those qualities have enabled Cantor to rise quickly to a party leadership position in the House of Representatives. They may also explain why Cantor was ranked second only to Mitt Romney as the vice presidential candidate of choice in a recent National Journal poll of Republican Washington "insiders."
“On issues from taxes and energy to Israel’s security and the threat of Iran, Cantor has been a consistent and effective leader.”
In Congress he has been a strong supporter of Israel who has heavily scrutinized aid to the Palestinians.

Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And what if they don't want to? The second largest Jewish population is right here were both you and I live. And we are hear for that reason, to live. If we ( or our grandparents) didn't move over here we wouldn't probably be alive today. So why not bless this country with our presence? And why not have Jews in high positions? In fact they have been and still continue today. and I believe the only reason is, and the policys that the US has had with Israel is because of the Jews living here, not there.

Yes, it is great to be able to return to our homeland, but sometimes we must sacrifice for the greater of all. Also just think what oppurtunity it would give for those who hate us, if all Jews from around the world were gathered together in Israel. :o

Because it is a commandment to live in Israel. Actually, there are many many commandments that hinge upon living in HaEretz. One cannot be fully observant of the Mitzvos in the Galus. Now for some people it is not possible to make Aliyah yet. For those, than fine--stay in the states and work towards that goal.

But long story short, galus is poisen to the Jewish soul.

Yochanan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what your definition of "believer" is, LOL. He is not
a messianic if that is what you are asking. Here is what JewishWeek
says about him:
That sounds good to me! I wouldn't and don't think it would be necessary for him to be Messianic. But what is 'affiliated'? Is that orthodox or conservative?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here is some basic info from googling him which indicates he is quite
conservative, zionistic, and would make a good counter to McCain
who many Conservatives do not consider conservative enough:
Thanks for posting that, I wonder, when do they have to pick their final running mate? November isn't too far away.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Because it is a commandment to live in Israel. Actually, there are many many commandments that hinge upon living in HaEretz. One cannot be fully observant of the Mitzvos in the Galus. Now for some people it is not possible to make Aliyah yet. For those, than fine--stay in the states and work towards that goal.

But long story short, galus is poisen to the Jewish soul.

Yochanan
I understand and agree with you, but I would have to say that right now the US is still a bit ahead, morally speaking than Israel as a state and nation is at present. And I don't think gathering all Jews there will help. The ways of the heathen will only increase, not decline. But it's all in HaShem's yadayim

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That sounds good to me! I wouldn't and don't think it would be necessary for him to be Messianic. But what is 'affiliated'? Is that orthodox or conservative?

It didn't say, but it did compare him to Liberman, who is Orthodox.
Since it is the Orthodox who are most conservative political wise,
I think it's a good bet that is what he is affiliated with.
But I can't say for sure.

Upvote 0
Kivi, I know this sounds silly, but it wasn't reported as most everyone saw it as not noteworthy. This was when Hillary was still looking the stronger of the two.

However, at the time I lived within 30 mins of the Truman Museum.

Yochanan

kivi says: Please, the radio station, the TV station, the local newspaper. Tbis is important to me and if you could help, I would deeply appreciate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
generally the candidates are finallized long before now. However, this year they are running way late. In fact neither Obama nor McCain are officially the candidates of their respective parties yet. They are presumptive nominees, but not official yet.

Yochanan

Upvote 0