Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Three Questions:

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. 3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, (1)Tell us, when shall these things be? and (2)what shall be the sign of thy coming, AND (3) of the end of the world?

The first question was about what Jesus had just said, the Temple being DESTROYED (When shall these things be?) The second question was what will be the Sign of your Coming......And the Third question was and what will be the SIGN (because they used AND) of the End of the World. So they wanted to know about the Temples destruction, and the Sign of Jesus' coming and the sign of the End of the World.

If Jesus is going to give them a sign/understanding of these events, wouldn't he walk them through the whole 2000 year period? I think he would, and clearly does. Lets go through a few of the verses to see why I believe as I do. And we know its a 2000 year period, its 2017 SMILE. Well Almost 2000.

Onward...... Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

{{ Jesus here is warning the Disciples not to be deceived, it is well known that the Rabbis/Pharisees in order to put down the "Jesus movement" and because they thought the Roman occupation was the END TIMES and figured the Messiah would come and save them, put forth various Messiahs just before the Temple and Jerusalem's destruction, which was caused by their rebellion against Rome. Jesus is telling his Disciples not to fall for lies, many will come in my name, saying I am the Messiah, but they will not be me Returning, it is not that time he tells them, do not fall for the lies for the End is not yet. }}

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

{{ Jesus here is informing his Disciples that they will hear of Wars and Rumors of wars, no doubt Jesus knew many of the Disciples would venture afar taking the Gospel unto all the world, thus they would not see this destruction of the Temple, some would, but many would just HEAR OF IT, Jesus tells them, THIS IS NOT THE END !! Meaning that even though the Pharisees and Rabbis were looking for the Messiah to Save them, (from Rome) this was not the time of Jesus' Second Comng, thus he says, the END IS NOT YET !! Then Jesus seems to shift past the lives of the Disciples and into a futuristic, 2000 year period of time. He speaks about Nations against Nations, Kingdoms against Kingdoms, famines, pestilences and earthquakes, and he says these are the Beginnings of Sorrows !! The Greek word used for sorrows implies BIRTH PANGS, this is Jesus telling the Disciples that all of these things Must happen first, and that will be the Sign (BIRTH PANG) that the end is Near. The next few verses are also covering the full 2000 year period, speaking at times about the Disciples, and at other times about the whole 2000 year period, until the Rapture. }}

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

{{ I think this is mainly Jesus telling his Disciples their coming fate. Many people would betray them, and most all of the Disciples would become Martyrs, save John and a couple of others. They don't kill you if they don't hate you right? And no doubt, many betrayed them, like Judas betrayed Jesus. }}

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

{{ I think this is speaking of the overall period from Jesus until the Rapture. Jesus throws this in to let everyone know, there will be many False Prophets (Jonestown, and cults like it have risen over the 2000 year period since Jesus' death) and because of Sin or the acceptance thereof, (at the End Times or Birth Pangs) the love of Many shall wax Cold.....Abortion, Murder, Homosexuality being pushed as normal etc. Then Jesus says, BUT..... out of all of these things I have described unto you all, (Matthew 24:4-13) he that endures all things that might come upon him, he that KEEPS THE FAITH until the End (of his life) the same shall be SAVED. In other words if we turn from God/Jesus and return unto the world, we will be Cast out of Jesus' mouth as Lukewarm. We must overcome Satan by the Blood of the Lamb, we can not turn back to living a sinful life, we must endure all of our temptations. It doesn't mean we will not Sin..........It just means we can not turn back unto a sinful lifestyle. WE MUST ENDURE IN CHRIST until the end. Amen }}

This above is Jesus answering the first of the three questions, "When shall these things be"? He walks them through the full 2000 year period between when he was alive, until he calls the Church home at the Rapture. The destruction of the Temple is spoken of but Jesus says, the end is not yet ! Then Jesus finishes the 2000 year period. The Rapture scriptures of Matthew 24:32-51 should actually be next, verses 32-51 should come after verse 13 or 14. But Mathew did not have a clue about the Rapture, so he (correctly) placed it with the Second Coming verses 27-31, at least in his thinking it was correct.

On to the 70th Week of Daniel now. The 3 1/2 years of Peace/Security followed by the 3 1/2 years of Gods Wrath. The Rapture happens after verse 13 or 14. In my honest opinion Matthew 24:32-51, belongs right here...............................................................................................

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, {whoso readeth, let him understand} 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

{{ Verse 14 kind of belongs with verses 4-13, but it can also go on this side of the 2000 year divide. It straddles the gap so to speak. The Gospel must be preached unto all the World, then the END WILL COME !! This is very clear, once the Church has preached the Gospel unto all the world for a witness to Jesus' saving Grace, then and only then can the End Times come upon us. Jesus then goes on to tell us/disciples about this End Time Period. He warns the Jewish peoples that when they see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet, they should Flee Jerusalem. THIS IS AN END TIME EVENT.........There is no doubt about that at all. Now Jesus must answer the next two questions, what will be the Sign of thy coming, and what will be the end (of the age) of time. }}

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

{{ Jesus is telling his Disciples, and thus warning the Jewish peoples of the coming Tribulation Period what to look for. He is warning them not to fall for the Anti-Christ and False Prophets tricks when they try to entice Israel to come out of their safe space, where God says in Revelation 12 that he will protect them for 1260 days, from the Dragon (Satan). Israel have accepted Jesus as their Messiah by this time. (Malachi 4:5-6) So of course the Anti-Christ and False Prophet wants to deceive them into thinking Jesus has RETURNED (because they want to kill them, of course) and is in the Desert or Secret Chambers !! But Jesus says do not fall for their lies, I will not be in the Desert or in a Secret Chambers....I will be coming from the Eastern Skies for all to see. Amen }}

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn (Vial 6 & 7), and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

{{ So, Jesus tells the Jewish peoples the Signs of his Coming and when the end shall be. This is the End of the Age, no doubt. IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Tribulation of those days (Troubles/Jacobs Trouble), these signs will be in the sky and then you will see me coming in the clouds from the East, and all the tribes and nations will see the Glory of my Coming. And the Angels will gather THE ELECT from the Four Corners of Heaven, [where the Church has been for SEVEN YEARS, Marrying the Lamb] and we will Return on White Horses with Jesus Christ just as Rev. 19 says. Amen. }}

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now Jesus has covered the largest base of the Jewish peoples because 85-95 percent of them will not receive the Lord Jesus Christ before the Rapture that Paul has spoken about in many places, including 1 Corinthians 15. So now Jesus must cover the few Messianic Jews plight. What will happen to them at the End Times? Well they will be Raptured, along with all the dead in Christ, and those of us who are alive when Jesus calls us home to Heaven, so we can Marry the Lamb (Rev. 19) and then return with him to destroy the Anti-Christ and his Minions.

So Matthew 32-44 tells about the coming Rapture of the Church, but I will only post verses 38-42, for it emphasizes everything that needs to be said, Jesus tells the Messianic Jews about their destiny : (This should come just after Matthew 24:13)

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

{{ This of course happens right before the Tribulation, or Jacobs Troubles. If this actually happened during the Tribulation period would they be Drinking/Marrying and having a grand ole time? No, of course not, that makes no sense, the Jewish nation will be in hiding in the Wilderness, (Rev. 12) and the wicked men of earth will be dodging the plagues of Gods Wrath, there will be no one who will be having fun just before Jesus' SECOND COMING, that I can assure you !! So this is the Rapture here, we are expectant, but Surprised.

Jesus then illustrates what can only be the Rapture, it can not be the Second Coming. He says Two will be in the field and One will be taken and the other shall be left [Behind]. The same thing is spoken about with the women grinding at the mill, One will be taken and One left.

Then Jesus says WATCH, for you know not what hour when your Lord comes. Just like the Bride knew not what hour the Bridegroom was to come !! We know when Jesus' Second Coming will be. Exactly 42 Months after the Anti-Christ commits the Abomination of Desolation, AND.......everyone on earth will all see Jesus (with us at his side) splitting the Eastern skies, no one will be left behind, believe me, the Wicked will be DESTROYED, not left behind. Amen. }}

Matthew 24:1-13/14 is the 2000 year period from Jesus to the Rapture.

Matthew 24:32-51 is the Rapture/Matthew thought it should be with the Second Coming.

Matthew 24:15-26 is the Abomination/Time of Troubles/False Prophet and Anti-Christ time.

Matthew 24:27-31 is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The Church will come back from Heaven with Jesus Christ on White Horses (Rev. 19) Amen, Glory to God.

Last edited:

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
i dont know where you get a 2000 year period from....
You mean I can't say its 2000 years just because Jesus died in AD 30-33 and its only 2017? That is what we call rounding off a number. Do you deny that Jesus lived almost 2000 years ago?

Jesus hasn't returned yet, so it could stretch to 2000 years. So I don't really get your point, tbh.

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You mean I can't say its 2000 years just because Jesus died in AD 30-33 and its only 2017? That is what we call rounding off a number. Do you deny that Jesus lived almost 2000 years ago?

Jesus hasn't returned yet, so it could stretch to 2000 years. So I don't really get your point, tbh.
calm down dude, i know its 2000 years since jesus birth, but i dont see where in matt 24 thre is a 2000 year period. Are we allowed to bring up this?

You said things like: "Jesus seems to shift past the lives of the Disciples and into a futuristic, 2000 year period of time."

Where?

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for ONE WEEK: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Please note the 70 weeks of Daniel revelation jump from verse 26 to the end times situation in verse 27 which is the FINAL WEEK of DANIEL.

So we will see the antichrist shall make a 7 year peace covenant between Israel-Arabs which is actually the 2 STATE SOLUTIONS being planned right now.
Israel-Palestinian peace: One-state, two-state solutions explained

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for ONE WEEK: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Please note the 70 weeks of Daniel revelation jump from verse 26 to the end times situation in verse 27 which is the FINAL WEEK of DANIEL.

So we will see the antichrist shall make a 7 year peace covenant between Israel-Arabs which is actually the 2 STATE SOLUTIONS being planned right now.

Daniel chapter 9 says the Messiah would be "cut off" "after" the 69 weeks. If I agree to paint your house "after" 69 weeks, it will not be painted until the 70th week or later. The 70th week began when Christ was baptised and His Father announced Him as His Son. It was the time that Christ commanded that the Gospel was to be taken "first" to Daniel's people, the Jews. It ended when Stephen reviewed the history of Israel and was then stoned. After that the Gospel was taken to the Gentiles. The only way to see Daniel's 70th week is with a time machine set to return you to the first century.

The covenant with the many in Daniel 9:27 is the same covenant with the many in Matthew 26:28. The scriptural reference beside of Daniel 9:27 in my NKJV Bible is Matthew 26:28.

The promise of the New Covenant had already been given in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Gabriel appeared to give the time line of the New Covenant Messiah. Do you think the angel "forgot" to mention the New Covenant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel chapter 9 says the Messiah would be "cut off" "after" the 69 weeks. .

You fail to see how nations are eager to make the 2 state solutions, to split the land, which will cause Gog n Magog war who will invade Israel.

You will see its the antichrist who will make 7 years fake peace deal between Israel-Arabs after Gog n Magog war.

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Daniel chapter 9 says the Messiah would be "cut off" "after" the 69 weeks. If I agree to paint your house "after" 69 weeks, it will not be painted until the 70th week or later. The 70th week began when Christ was baptised and His Father announced Him as His Son. It was the time that Christ commanded that the Gospel was to be taken "first" to Daniel's people, the Jews. It ended when Stephen reviewed the history of Israel and was then stoned. After that the Gospel was taken to the Gentiles. The only way to see Daniel's 70th week is with a time machine set to return you to the first century.

The covenant with the many in Daniel 9:27 is the same covenant with the many in Matthew 26:28. The scriptural reference beside of Daniel 9:27 in my NKJV Bible is Matthew 26:28.

The promise of the New Covenant had already been given in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Gabriel appeared to give the time line of the New Covenant Messiah. Do you think the angel "forgot" to mention the New Covenant?

amen, ive studied this in detail and christ definitly fulfilled the daniel prophecy on date , on time and in detail, including the war and destruction of the temple.

Counting from when the word actually went out to build the city (not the wall, not the temple, these are three different times relatively clsoe to each other) the 70th week start just about when jesus is baptized by john, Thats when the "final 7 year period" alloted to the jewish ppl started. In the middle of the week, which would be easter year 30 (or so) he was made a sacrifice, sins was sealed up, the covenant was done, and then a new temple was annointed (which happened in the old temple btw, if we go by details, becasue the 120 was actually gahtered in solomons porch in the temple 9 in the morning of pentecost, there is no other way of udnerstanding it. They just lvied in that upper room. They didnt skip the obligatory prayer time on that holy day, and there were about 250.000! ppl gathered from all nations in that outer court, and thats how all the world saw the annointing of the new temple, the body of christ. And in the end there was war, and the destruction of the city. That is the END of the 70 years, that is the end times that daniel is talking about, and that jesus talked about in luke, youa re absoultely correct sir,

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You will see its the antichrist who will make 7 years fake peace deal between Israel-Arabs after Gog n Magog war.

pls reread the only defintion of anti christ in the bible. It has nothing to do with any politician that is gonna rule the world.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
calm down dude, i know its 2000 years since jesus birth, but i dont see where in matt 24 thre is a 2000 year period. Are we allowed to bring up this?

You said things like: "Jesus seems to shift past the lives of the Disciples and into a futuristic, 2000 year period of time."

Where?
No one is hyped up but you it seems. I was asking logical questions since your statement did not quite make sense to me. That is how you move the discussion along to a point of understanding between two parties, by asking logical question when a point of emphasis is not clear.

Now that we have reached a mutual understanding of what you were referencing we can move on. You can bring anything up, I don't try to rule over a thread, as long as its germane to the subject.

So if Matthew 24 is about the Second Coming, and it is (Matthew 24:27-31) and Jesus has not returned yet, then Jesus being alive in 30 AD and it now being 2017, that would mean its a 2000 year period, wouldn't it? By using simple logic we can deduce that. I also think Jesus speaking from his life forward to the Rapture (which hasn't happened either) is a 2000 year period from verse 1 to verse 13.

And yes, I think Jesus in verses 4-13 was talking at times about his disciples destiny, and at times about the destiny of all of his followers over a 2000 year stretch. Say I was going on a 2000 year journey, and I wanted to leave instructions to my current followers and to some followers who would be in charge in 500-1000 years I would intersperse the instructions, with instructions to my current followers and others that came later. Get my point?

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

It actually jumps in verse 26 doesn't it?

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off (JESUS to the Left), but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come (Anti-Christ Here) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Yea, I think the 2000 years Jump does happen in verse 27, this verse only speaks of the COMING prince or Anti-Christ it is still about the Roman peoples who will destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the Temple.

Either way, we understand verse 27 to be about the Anti-Christ, so we are on he same page......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus has not returned yet, then Jesus being alive in 30 AD and it now being 2017, that would mean its a 2000 year period, wouldn't it?

No, it is to us ca 2000 years since his birth, but as i said, you are takling about a 2000 year period mentioned in matt 24... im asking, i cant see it, where is it?

I also think Jesus speaking from his life forward to the Rapture (which hasn't happened either) is a 2000 year period from verse 1 to verse 13.

And there we go again. You think there is a 2000 year period in matt 24, between v 1 to v 13, WHERE DO YOU GET THAT FROM?

is it possible to get some more background on it other than "i think"?

And yes, I think Jesus in verses 4-13 was talking at times about his disciples destiny, and at times about the destiny of all of his followers over a 2000 year stretch. Say I was going on a 2000 year journey, and I wanted to leave instructions to my current followers and to some followers who would be in charge in 500-1000 years I would intersperse the instructions, with instructions to my current followers and others that came later. Get my point?

Thats all sweet and super duper, but you keep going on about a 2000 year period mentioned in matt 24. WHERE IS IT MENTIONED?

Can we get an answer pls?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It actually jumps in verse 26 doesn't it?

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off (JESUS to the Left), but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come (Anti-Christ Here) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Yea, I think the 2000 years Jump does happen in verse 27, this verse only speaks of the COMING prince or Anti-Christ it is still about the Roman peoples who will destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the Temple.

Either way, we understand verse 27 to be about the Anti-Christ, so we are on he same page......
Actually the city was destroyed, so was the sanctuary...by the army of that crazy prince....

He doesnt say it will happen again 2000 years later.

That means the prophecy of this ONE TIME event, did occure, and jesus actually promises this level of terror for the jewish ppl and jerusalem would never happen again. soo.......maybe we can read tha bible as it is and belive it as it is? is that ok for you?

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, it is to us ca 2000 years since his birth, but as i said, you are takling about a 2000 year period mentioned in matt 24... im asking, i cant see it, where is it?

And there we go again. You think there is a 2000 year period in matt 24, between v 1 to v 13, WHERE DO YOU GET THAT FROM?

is it possible to get some more background on it other than "i think"?

Thats all sweet and super duper, but you keep going on about a 2000 year period mentioned in matt 24. WHERE IS IT MENTIONED?

Can we get an answer pls?
Are you off or something or a troll? This is not even worth a reply.

Actually the city was destroyed, so was the sanctuary...by the army of that crazy prince....

That means the prophecy of this ONE TIME event, did occure, and jesus actually promises this level of terror for the jewish ppl and jerusalem would never happen again. soo.......maybe we can read tha bible as it is and belive it as it is? is that ok for you?

No, it means you do not understand what you are speaking about. The prince that shall come is the Ant-Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

While Jesus did not quantify the period of time passing between his first coming and second coming - he did give the parable of the fig tree - which works out to not later than 2037.... sometime between now and then, preceded by the 70th week. Which if Jesus was crucified 37 AD, 2037 would be 2000 years later. The 2000 years pattern is interesting to note and it may indeed turn out that way, but we are not told by virtue of a biblical verse to pinpoint anything based on 2000 year intervals. Then again, it seems to be working out that way.

It is kinda like the pattern that during his first coming Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts of the Mt. Sinai covenant. At his second coming, therefore, many suggest that Jesus will fulfill the fall feasts.

The prince who shall come is future. There is not a historic person who fulfilled confirming the covenant for 7 years Titus was not the person. And the 70 weeks were not completed back in the first century, because Israel and Jerusalem still reject Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is not even worth a reply.

Ok, i'll interpret that as you have no answer,

No, it means you do not understand what you are speaking about. the prince that shall come is the Ant-Christ
I may not understand what youre on about, but i do know the only defintion of anti christ ever given in the whole of the bible, and tis only found in johns letters, and it has nothing to do with this. Maybe you are operating with some idea of antichrist that doesnt fit that description, but thats no interesting to me, because john most probably knew what he was talking about, and im sure HE understood it. SO ill trust him them if thats ok by you.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I may not understand what youre on about, but i do know the only defintion of anti christ ever given in the whole of the bible, and tis only found in johns letters, and it has nothing to do with this. Maybe you are operating with some idea of antichrist that doesnt fit that description, but thats no interesting to me, because john most probably knew what he was talking about, and im sure HE understood it. SO ill trust him them if thats ok by you.

Actually John doesn't define the Antichrist, but gives characteristics of the Antichrist. John likened them in his day to the coming Antichrist who were leaving Christianity, denying Father and Son as antichrists. Everything John characterized about the Antichrist is found in John 5.

The actual definition of the Anti-christ can be determined from the bible and the definition of the prefix "Anti". Back at Jesus's time, it was understood by everyone that Christ meant "the" messiah, and that the messiah was a promised great King of Israel who would lead the Jews and the rest of the world into the messianic age of peace, safety, harmony in the world. And of course restoring the Kingdom of Israel free from foreign occupation.

So from the bible, Christ can be affirmed to mean that great promised KIng of Israel by the passage where the thief on the cross mocked Jesus saying....

Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

So the person has to be anointed the King of Israel to become the Antichrist - instead of Jesus the rightful King of Israel. Now later on in the seven years of the 70th week, the person betrays Israel, the Jews, and transgresses the covenant - which gets him rejected as continuing as their King, followed him being killed and brought back to life - not as the Antichrist - but the beast.

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The prince who shall come is future. There is not a historic person who fulfilled confirming the covenant for 7 years Titus was not the person. And the 70 weeks were not completed back in the first century, because Israel and Jerusalem still reject Jesus.

Well, first, if the 70 year-weeks, a period of 490 yeras,w as not complete 2000 years ago, then we are up to 2490 years or more, but that wasnt what he said, was it....

Now you say no hsitoric person has fulfilled the prophecy of a confirmation of the covenant?

JESUS confrimed the covenent in the 3.5 years of his ministry and the 3.5 years of outpouring over the new temple, jerusalem before the time was over and it went to all the world...

Let me make this clear from daniel:

This is the prophecy

Remember this is the only other place in the Old Testament where the word messiah as a name for a person is used, the other is psalm 2.

So this is definitly talking about the messiah, or Jesus Christ.
"
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off , but not for himself."

Lets pause there. This is after the word went out to build jerusalem (not build the wall, nor build the temple, to build jerusalem, this ias a very specific date in the old testament, being exactly 483 years before jesus was baptized in the river jrodan and the spirit came upon him)

So that means the 7 year period, the last period that was measured for gods dealing with the jewish people and the city, started at that point. This was literally at the rosh hashana, in other words at autum.
So what happens now is AFTER the 69 weeks, this is now the last final week:

3.5 years later, the MESSIAH was "cut off". This was in the "middle" of the "week", literally. It is so in the middle it is possible to be. This word has a specific meaning beyong just being dead, it means to "cut" a covenant, with blood. (bereshit) this IS what this messiah did on the cross. It can not ever be denied, i hope all is in agreement here.

THEN it goes on:

"
and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The prince that shall come, the leader of the destructive army that shall destroy the city and the temple, happened after all this, and was ltierally fulfilled. THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE TWO FULFILMENTS OF THIS. This is ONE prophecy. IT was LITERALLY FULFILLED, and there is no place ti says it will happen voer and over again. In fact, jesus denis the troubles of those times has ever been or will happen again, in the land.
(by the way, i am not shouting with caps lock, im just underlining the main important part)

THEN it goes on to say, the final verse. Follow it carefully:
"
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:"

THis is not talking about the vicked ledaer of the detrucitve army, this is STILL talking about "him" the messiah.

Jesus was SENT to confirm, which is to fulfill, the covenant between god and the jews. He literally say so himself, i have come...not to take away, but to fulfill, the covenant"
That is the same meaning of confirming.
THAT is the hsitoric person taht fulfilled, it is ONE person, it is the messiah, thats what this all is about.

"
and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,"

Yes, becasue of what happened in the middle of the final messianic week, which was the cross, the sacrifice was taken away. THIS is the new testament teaching, that the old testament law of animal sacrifice was going to be taken away, becasue god made himself a body. This is best explained in the letter of hebrewsm but it IS a self evdident reuslt of the gospel of the lamb that was slain.

"and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

This final judgtement upon the great city, who is also called egypt, edom, babylon, the great city in which our lord was crucified as John sais it, WAS made desolate, literally, and the temple did not yield stone upon stone.

Conclusion: I hope you all will come to your senses. There are two "gospels". One says a "antichrist" shall come and we all must make sure we will be raptured before he comes and destroys the earth or wahtever. The otehr gospel is, the kingdom is here, and we can repent, and this last rock will grow and grow until it covers all the earth and has destroyed all the other kingdoms, this is ALSO a prophecy in daniel. By the way.

Get a grip on the biblical defintions of antichrist. DO a simple research, lsiten to the bible, not to your church tradition. They made up stories, antichrist has only one definition and its only found in johns letters.

Upvote 0