Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized- Poll Thread

Matthew 24 and Luke 21 the same event?

• I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matthew 24 all fulfilled

• Matthew 24 partially fulfilled

• None of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The phrase "Son of Man" is used 2 times in Revelation
Luke uses the singular "cloud" in vs 27

Matthew 24:30 And then shall be appearing the sign of the Son of the Man in heaven,
and then shall be grieving/striking selves<2875>all the Tribes of the land.
And they shall be seeing the Son of the Man coming upon the clouds of the heaven, with power and much glory

Mark 13:26 “And they shall be seeing the Son of the Man coming in clouds with much power and glory.

Luke 21:27 And then they shall be seeing the Son of the Man coming in a cloud with power and much glory;

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No mention of this in Luke's Gospel

Only Matt mentions "trumpet sound"
4 winds mentioned only in 3 verses of the NT

Matthew 24:31
and He shall be commissioning His Messengers with a great trumpet sound and they shall be assembling<1996> His Chosen out of the four winds,

from extremities<206> of heavens till of the extremities of them.

Mark 13:27
and then he shall be commissioning His Messengers, and He shall be assembling His Chosen out of the four winds,

from extremity of land till extremity of heaven.

Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four Messengers, standing upon the four corners of the land, holding the four winds of the land, that the wind may not blow upon the land, nor upon the sea, nor upon any tree;

Ezekiel 37:9
And He saith unto me: 'Prophesy unto the Spirit, prophesy, son of adam, and thou hast said unto the Spirit: Thus said the Adonai Yahweh
From the four winds come in, O Spirit, and breathe on these slain, and they do live.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:
25 ‘And there shall be signs in sun, and moon, and stars,
and on the land [is] distress of nations with perplexity, sea and billow roaring;

26 men fainting at heart from fear, and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited-land<3625>,
for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken<4531>

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All 3 show similar event:

Matthew 24:32
Yet from the fig-tree be ye learning! the parable:

Whenever already its branch may be becoming tender, and the leaves may be sprouting<1631>,
ye are knowing that nigh the summer

Mark 13:28
‘Yet from the fig-tree, be ye learning the parable.

When the branch of it tender may be becoming, and may be sprouting<1631> the leaves,
ye are knowing that nigh is the summer

Luke 21:
29 And He told a parable to them. Be seeing the fig-tree and all the trees,

30 whenever they should be budding<4261> already observing from yourselves
ye are knowing thru that already nigh is the summer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Luke uses "Kingdom of God" instead of "nigh at the doors".

Perhaps inferring that it was the Kingdom of God that was nigh at the doors?

Matthew 24:33
Thus also ye whenever ye may being seeing all these,

be ye knowing! that nigh it is being upon doors.

Mark 13:29
thus also ye, whenever ye may be seeing these becoming,

be knowing! that nigh, it is being upon doors.

Luke 21:31
Thus also ye, whenever ye may be seeing these becoming,

ye are knowing that nigh is being the Kingdom of the God;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 24:34
Amen I am saying to ye,
not no may be passing away this generation till ever all these may be becoming

Mark 13:30
Amen I am saying to ye,
not no be passing away this generation unto of which any these all may be becoming

Luke 21:32
Amen I am saying to ye
that not no may be passing away this generation till ever all may be becoming.

"THIS GENERATION" in Bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 24:35
The heaven and the earth shall be passing away,
the yet words of Me not no shall be passing away.

Mark 13:31
The Heaven and the earth shall be passing away,

Luke 21:33
The Heaven and earth shall be passing away,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Luke doesn't mention Matt 24:36 or Luke 13:32,
but he does mention Mark 13:33.

Matthew 24:36
About yet that day and hour, no one is aware,
neither the Messengers of the Heavens nor the Son except the Father only

Mark 13
32 And concerning that day or hour no one knows,
not even the Messengers, the ones in the Heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
33 Be looking!<991>, be being vigilant<69> and be praying!
for you do not know when the time is.

Luke 21:36
Be ye vigilant!<991>, and be praying!
that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 24:
37 For even as the days of the Noah,

thus also shall be being the parousia of the Son of the Man
38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking and marrying an giving in marriage
until of which day Noah entered into the Ark.
39 And not they know until came the flood came and takes away<142> all.

Thus shall be being the parousia of the Son of the Man

This event is shown in Luke 17:

Luke 17:
26 And according as it became in the days of Noah

thus it shall be also in the days of the Son of the Man.
27 They ate, they drank, they married, they gave out in marriage,
until which day Noah entered into the Ark and came the flood and destroys<622> all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Mark doesn't include this event.

Luke adds "...2 on a couch...."
Matthew has "...there the eagles/vultures gather...."back in vs 28

Matt 24:28 uses #4430 while Luk 17:37 used #4983 for body/carcass

Matthew 24:
40 Then two shall be being in the field: one is being taken along<3880> and one is being left<863>.

41 Two grinding in the mill: one is being taken and one is being left.
42 Be watching then! that not ye are aware day the Lord of ye is coming.

This event is shown in Luke 17

Luke 17:36
34 I am saying to ye to this night
shall be being two on one couch, the one shall be being taking and the other shall be being left.
35 shall be two grinding on the same place. the one shall be being taken, and the yet other shall be being left

36 two shall be being in the field, the one shall be being taken and the other being left.’] (missing from some versions]
37 And answering they are saying to Him, ‘Where Lord?’
The yet He said to them,
‘Where the body<4983> also the eagles<105> shall be being assembled<1996>
========================

"WHERE THE BODY is, there the EAGLES be gathered" Matt 24 Luke 17-- and Revelation

4430. ptoma from the alternate of 4098;
a ruin, i.e. (specially), lifeless body (corpse, carrion):--dead body, carcase, corpse.
G4430 πτῶμα (ptōma), occurs 5 times in 4 verses

Matthew 24:28
for wherever the corpse<4430> may be, there shall the eagles/vultures<105> be gathered together.

4983 soma from 4982;
the body (as a sound whole), used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively:--bodily, body, slave
G4983 σῶμα (sōma), occurs 146 times in 122 verses

Luke 17:37
And they answering say to him, 'Where, sir?'
and He saith to them, 'Where the body<4983> is, there will the eagles/vultures<105> be gathered together.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I notice you did not compare what really needs to be compared. Luke says before these things (wars, nations rising against nations, famines etc). Matt says Then which means after these things.
When discussing what will happen in Jerusalem Luke talks 70 AD and Matthew talks a future event that has not occurred yet.
Luke 21
9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

Matt 24
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Here we see in Luke the destruction of Jerusalem that occurred BEFORE the last days events.............70AD

Luke 21
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Here we see in Matthew the abomination of desolation that will be set up in the end times 1290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away in the midpoint of the week.
Matt 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Daniel 12
1 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Conclusion - Both are comparable endtime prophecies.......except ...... When talking about what happens in Jerusalem in these chapters Luke talks 70AD and Matthew talks a future event.
Do you put Mark with Luke or with Matthew?

Mar 13:8 for nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles; beginnings of sorrows are these.
Mar 13:9 `And take ye heed to yourselves, for they shall deliver you up to sanhedrims, and to synagogues, ye shall be beaten, and before governors and kings ye shall be set for my sake, for a testimony to them;
Mar 13:10 and to all the nations it behoveth first that the good news be proclaimed.

Luk 21:11 great shakings also in every place, and famines, and pestilences, there shall be; fearful things also, and great signs from heaven there shall be;
Luk 21:12 and before all these, they shall lay on you their hands, and persecute, delivering up to synagogues and prisons, being brought before kings and governors for my name's sake;
Luk 21:13 and it shall become to you for a testimony.
Luk 21:16 `And ye shall be delivered up also by parents, and brothers, and kindred, and friends, and they shall put of you to death;
Luk 21:17 and ye shall be hated by all because of my name--

Mat 24:7 `For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places;
Mat 24:8 and all these are the beginning of sorrows;
Mat 24:9 then they shall deliver you up to tribulation, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated by all the nations because of my name;
Mat 24:10 and then shall many be stumbled, and they shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:14 and this good news of the reign shall be proclaimed in all the world, for a testimony to all the nations; and then shall the end arrive.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Only mentioned in Matthew and Luke [absent in Mark]
Matthew 24:
43 That yet be ye knowing! that if were aware the homeowner which watch the thief is coming he watches ever and not ever lets his house to broken into<1358>

44 Because of this also ye be becoming ready! that to which not ye are supposing an hour the Son of the Man is coming.

That passage is in Luke 12

Luke 12:
39 This yet ye are knowing that if were aware the homeowner which hour the thief is coming, he watches ever and not ever he lets his house get broken into <1358>

40 And ye then, be becoming ready! that to which hour not ye are supposing the Son of the Man is coming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
These last verses are a story/parable told in Matt and Luke, but not in Mark.....

Exact word form of #4095 used in 1 other verse, 1 Corinthians 11:27

Matthew 24
45 Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of his household, to give the others their food at the proper time?
46 Blessed is that servant whose master returns and finds him doing his job.
47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says in his heart, ‘My master will be away a long time.’
49 And he begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink<4095> with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day he does not anticipate and at an hour he does not expect.
51 Then he will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing teeth

Luke: Exact word form of #4095 used in
Matthew 20:22, 1 Corinthians 10:21 and 1 Corinthians 11:22

Luke 12
41 “Lord,” said Peter, “are You addressing this parable to us, or to everyone else as well?”
42 And the Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their portion at the proper time?
43 Blessed is that servant whom his master finds doing so when he returns.
44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
45 But suppose that servant says in his heart, ‘My master will be a long time in coming,’ and he begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink<4095> and get drunk.
46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him, and at an hour of which he is unaware. Then He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The final verses of Matthew 24.
Gnashing of teeth used only in Matthew and 1 time in Luke.

Matthew 24
46 Blessed is that servant whom his lord finds doing so when he comes.
47 Most certainly I tell you that he will set him over all that he has.
48 But if that evil servant should say in his heart, 'My lord is delaying his coming,' 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the lord of that servant will come in a day when he doesn't expect it, and in an hour when he doesn't know it,
51 and will cut him in pieces, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites. There is where the weeping and gnashing of teeth will be.

Luk 13:28
“There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you put Mark with Luke or with Matthew?

Mar 13:8 for nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles; beginnings of sorrows are these.
Mar 13:9 `And take ye heed to yourselves, for they shall deliver you up to sanhedrims, and to synagogues, ye shall be beaten, and before governors and kings ye shall be set for my sake, for a testimony to them;
Mar 13:10 and to all the nations it behoveth first that the good news be proclaimed.

Luk 21:11 great shakings also in every place, and famines, and pestilences, there shall be; fearful things also, and great signs from heaven there shall be;
Luk 21:12 and before all these, they shall lay on you their hands, and persecute, delivering up to synagogues and prisons, being brought before kings and governors for my name's sake;
Luk 21:13 and it shall become to you for a testimony.
Luk 21:16 `And ye shall be delivered up also by parents, and brothers, and kindred, and friends, and they shall put of you to death;
Luk 21:17 and ye shall be hated by all because of my name--

Mat 24:7 `For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places;
Mat 24:8 and all these are the beginning of sorrows;
Mat 24:9 then they shall deliver you up to tribulation, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated by all the nations because of my name;
Mat 24:10 and then shall many be stumbled, and they shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:14 and this good news of the reign shall be proclaimed in all the world, for a testimony to all the nations; and then shall the end arrive.
With Matthew. When talking about Jerusalem, it is a future event. They will be hated for His name sake. They did not believe in Jesus as the Messiah in 70AD.
It is when the abomination of desolation stands in the Holy place......a future event.

Mark 13
3 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

It happens in those days.........after that tribulation......a future event, same as Matt 24.

Mark 13
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
With Matthew. When talking about Jerusalem, it is a future event. They will be hated for His name sake. They did not believe in Jesus as the Messiah in 70AD.
It is when the abomination of desolation stands in the Holy place......a future event.
Well then, while you and/or others are waiting around for the Jews to build a Temple/Sanctuary for the "antichrist" to sit in, I am going to continue on with my harmonizing......

Daniel 11:
36 Then the king will do as he pleases and will exalt and magnify himself above every god, and he will speak monstrous things against the God of gods.
He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been decreed must be accomplished.
37 He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers, nor for the one desired by women, nor for any other god, because he will magnify himself above them all.

2 Thessalonians 2:
3 No one should deceive you in any way, because it is not until the apostasy shall have come first, and the man of lawlessness shall have been revealed—the son of the destruction,
4 the one opposing and exalting himself above every so-called god or object of worship
so as for him to sit down in the Temple/Sanctuary of God, setting forth that he himself is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RACarvalho

Jun 15, 2017
Columbus
✟17,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From an outside perspective it is interesting to note that we would not be having all this discussion if the Jesuits have not counteracted the reformation with the counter reformation..., most specifically if they have not being successful to seed the devils seed of Futurism into the Church....
You don't need to "harmonize" Luke 21 with Matthew 24 IF you were not trying to acomodate the Bible into your futuristic beliefs.
There are some strong evidence that the Church is Lukewarm and a heavy persecution will come over the church exactly because people think they will be "raptured" ....
Luke and Matthew are referring to the one and same event(s): The destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the JEW AGE.
That is the reason Jesus ref. to the "times of the gentiles" just after that meaning the age of Jews (witnessing) is over and the age of gentiles witnessing for Jesus would start and continue until Jesus comes back.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Mark 13
3 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

It happens in those days.........after that tribulation......a future event, same as Matt 24.

Mark 13
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Thank you for your response. I'd like to get one thing clear...
You believe that Christians will be delivered up to Jewish courts, the Sanhedrin, in the future?

Upvote 0

RACarvalho

Jun 15, 2017
Columbus
✟17,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today's equivalent of the Jewish courts in time of Jesus is the Catholic Church Inquisition and or all the persecution the Catholic church promotes on true christians through their covered actions .
Bible is very clear that real Jews are the ones that are "Circumcised" in the heart and that the Church is the "Israel of God"...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.