Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HI Dee Dee

I am the same poster but I generally only read threads I am in................... as I post at many sites and can only devote 5 hours a day to posting the truth of scripture.

None of them. That was easy. (hint: the Second Coming is NOT the event in that passage)

A better question is for you - since the destruction of the Temple then standing is ONE of ALL of THOSE things
End Quote

End Quote

So this is not the second Comming

30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lets see Acts says

9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Ok so you do not see Jesus coming in the clouds as his return as stated in Acts I think it is soooooo obvious but hey you got the right to your opinion.......wrong as it is(smile)

I have no problem with the Temple being destroyed in Matt 24:as being 70 AD............ I am not a futurist.

I have a Thread at your site which clearly states that the first few veres of this prophecy were fulfilled in 70 AD.....I a m a historicalist I see matt 24 the same way I see Daniel 11 & 12 each verse can represent a whole generation or even more time then that.

In Daniel 11 the first 17 verses cover over 350 years of History....so it is in Matt 24:

Here is Jerusalem destroyed right here

6: And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Notice it says that The End is Not Yet

9: Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

There are the Pagans killing Christians not just in Judea but in all Nations nation. This was from the second Persection started in 81AD and goes to 312 AD when the persecutions stopped or were not state law anymore.

Next

10: And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Well Hey guess what after the end of the persecutions Christians went to war with each other they turned and betrayed each other ..and here is were Christianity starts to accumulate all its false teachers.

3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

How true Jesus words are ...Christians picked up the Sword and their love turned Cold and as the Word says they wander from the Truth to myths and fairy tales...

So I have no problems at with the Temple being destroyed in 70 AD and being talked about in Matt 24:

But you do have a very big problem with verse 30 it is very clearly Jesus returning as stated in Acts.

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just The Facts said:
I am the same poster but I generally only read threads I am in................... as I post at many sites and can only devote 5 hours a day to posting the truth of scripture.

Only "5 hours a day"? Can I have your life, please? :D

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
JTF, I can only refer you to my commentary - I just do not have the time for an extended debate (being a historicalist doesn't get you out of the pickle I presented) - I don't have enough time to debate on TheologyWeb - I post bits and pieces here as I enjoy this forum and consider Erwin a friend as well as other friends I have here

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Dee Dee

That’s ok you have never had time to discuss these things with me I am use to that.

Well the Truth is I was never in a pickle to begin with The whole prophecy ends in verse 27: with Jesus arrival

27: For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.28: For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

the it goes back to tells us more details about the great tribulation.

29: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

So it is the Generation that sees the great tribulation that is referred to as This generation.

However you say it is all done with and you are clearly in vinegar and have no way out.

Matt 24:30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Is clearly talking about Acts 1:

11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

It is sooooooooooooooooo clear it is see through just like the vinegar you are pickling in..

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Just theFacts,
Over at unorthodox theology there is a thread called "brought here from eschatology" If you want to slip over there I could explain Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 to you.

I could even show you where you are running amuck concerning partial preterism.

Justme

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry Justme - I have answered all that in spades in my commentary. I have discussed things at length with you in the past and find you a horribly confused morass of doctrine. Thus even if I had time, I likely would not engage you. It is not personal, but practical. You make no sense - and everyone needs to know when to say when. Dealing with someone that to me makes no sense is not preductive to either party - frustration only develops. You were also responded to by many others at TheologyWeb who more than answered.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dee Dee Warren said:
Sorry Justme - I have answered all that in spades in my commentary. I have discussed things at length with you in the past and find you a horribly confused morass of doctrine. Thus even if I had time, I likely would not engage you. It is not personal, but practical. You make no sense - and everyone needs to know when to say when. Dealing with someone that to me makes no sense is not preductive to either party - frustration only develops. You were also responded to by many others at TheologyWeb who more than answered.
I've explained this to preterists here also yet not quite as eloquently as you have in why I dont want to debate with preterists or partial preterists and got only sneers and jeers from them saying I therefore cannot provide a legitimate arguement to what they are saying. I wonder if those same people will see what you are saying and commend you for it?

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Who knows? Do you continue to go to their threads and make comments and not want to debate? I didn't ask for this thread, and JustMe is aware from the past of my limited time but instead got in a shot.

If you leave the threads alone that you don't wish to debate in that is your perogative. I sometimes have problems with that myself - it is hard not to pipe in.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Dee Dee

I only started this thread because they closed the other one before I could respond to you.

I do understand you have limited time and that is fine

Please do not feel you have to come back and post or anything. I have said what I wished to say as I am sure you have too.

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
No problem JTF I understand. I am sorry if it seemed like I was saying you started this with bad intent or anything like that. If only I didn't have to sleep - I am so tired right now that I look like death warmed over but my job is very busy now too in addition to everything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Dee Dee,

Dealing with someone that to me makes no sense is not preductive to either party - frustration only develops.

I know, why do you think I insisted you delete the name Justme from your list of members.

And CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU SAID, LOOK UP "WALTZ ACROSS TEXAS" AND SEE CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT RUN AND HID.

I still haven't forgotten your tyrade on CARM where the only answer you wrote to me was to provide derogotory remarks concerning my Canadian church.

And you don't know what Daniel 12:1-3 means !!!!!!! same as John 5, same as 1 Thess 4, same as Matthew 25.

Have fun, you know I will,
Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.