United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FastStats
2.8 million die in the U.S.A every year and that does include over 1 million abortions.
Death from diseases, accidents, heinous crimes, wars, abortions, old age and all other causes continue to remind us of the curse of sin. Death from all causes comes from that original sin. Spiritual death is worse btw. We were given the knowledge of Good and Evil. Without this knowledge, we would not appreciate God's love and attributes, all that is good. We see evil everywhere and much worse btw, in most countries.
Life is precious, a path towards learning to know God, to be reconciled to Him and that's it. That's our purpose. We can't stop evil, only God can. But evil does have that purpose. It's woven throughout history to compel us to seek God and all that is good.
God will remove evil from the world soon. When the trumpets start to blow, we'll see a Great Tribulation, great distress like never before.
Gun control or taking away every gun from every one will not stop evil. Look at England and their murders cause by stabbing. For thousands of years wars were fought with swords - will they take all knives away too?
But someday we will turn those swords into plowshares. Someday soon their will be peace on earth and only good will towards men.

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yet more evidence of a society that thinks "rights" trump responsibilities and the inevitable and deadly outcome of that thinking .The lengths the gun lobby goes to demand their rights for fun, and demand that their fun trump the rights of others just to stay alive.

Like the cigarette lobby and corn lobby before them, the gun lobby will do anything to manipulate truth, and bribe any amount of votes to prevent simple controls . And when they discover the truth is against them, they do all they can to prevent statistics being collected - just like the cigarette lobby before them.

Yet nothing will alter the simple truth.. No guns = no gun deaths.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but you know...white supremacy...white supremacy...white supremacy.

By the way, what do we know about the shooter that makes him a white supremacist??

Well, I can only lead a horse to water, Ed....

It doesn't even matter if he was. The media will continue to hide the fact that mass shootings happen from every race in every country. They want to create an anti white narrative and they are succeeding to say the least.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You exposed your heart with your words ...

"Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/ ... "

If you don't like it, you can always change it ...

“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” Luke 6:45
What I said isnt evil, it's true...we will all die someday...even the bible said that every man is destined to die...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but you know...white supremacy...white supremacy...white supremacy.

By the way, what do we know about the shooter that makes him a white supremacist??

From ... 'He came to kill Hispanics': peaceful El Paso left wounded by possible hate crime

Residents across El Paso were reeling from the horrific violence, shaken by the news that the white suspect, Patrick Crusius, allegedly published an anti-immigrant, racist “manifesto” before opening fire in a crowded store. The document reportedly warned of the “Hispanic invasion of Texas”, and Crusius is facing murder charges and a federal hate crime investigation.

Flowers and mementos at a makeshift memorial in El Paso, Texas. Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty Images

The western Texas city has been the subject of intense national attention in recent years, as the Trump administration made it a target of attacks on migrants and refugees. Trump’s former attorney general once said El Paso was “ground zero” and the “frontlines” for border conflicts. The president also famously launched his campaign by calling Mexican immigrants “rapists” and drug dealers, and has continued to label Latino migration an “invasion”.

Reactions: caerlerion
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I know is to see a gun pulled to shoot an innocent person is a horrible thing. I know because I witnessed it. I do not equate dying from an illness to getting your 3 year old child randomly shot. As far as DJT, he can stop tweeting things that promote racial divide. That's a good start.
Blessings
What are you talking about, there are people out there being persecuted and killed for thier faith and wanting to follow the Lord...yet they will still have thier place in heaven. Like I said I'm sorry about what happen, I really am but did you know those people personally, whether innnocent or not we all have our own salvation to work on and let alone those people did also..protect love and cry over the ones you can love protect and cry over now, not the ones you could not..whether one or ten people die, every soul on this Earth deserves thier life and salvation taken care of...even if it's saying one person or another person spared....

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I said isnt evil, it's true...we will all die someday...even the bible said that every man is destined to die...
I didn't say that what you said was evil. I said that it exposed your heart ...

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't even matter if he was. The media will continue to hide the fact that mass shootings happen from every race in every country. They want to create an anti white narrative and they are succeeding to say the least.

Awww....The plight of the Poor, oppressed white man.
Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FastStats
2.8 million die in the U.S.A every year and that does include over 1 million abortions.
Death from diseases, accidents, heinous crimes, wars, abortions, old age and all other causes continue to remind us of the curse of sin. Death from all causes comes from that original sin. Spiritual death is worse btw. We were given the knowledge of Good and Evil. Without this knowledge, we would not appreciate God's love and attributes, all that is good. We see evil everywhere and much worse btw, in most countries.
Life is precious, a path towards learning to know God, to be reconciled to Him and that's it. That's our purpose. We can't stop evil, only God can. But evil does have that purpose. It's woven throughout history to compel us to seek God and all that is good.
God will remove evil from the world soon. When the trumpets start to blow, we'll see a Great Tribulation, great distress like never before.
Gun control or taking away every gun from every one will not stop evil. Look at England and their murders cause by stabbing. For thousands of years wars were fought with swords - will they take all knives away too?
But someday we will turn those swords into plowshares. Someday soon their will be peace on earth and only good will towards men.
Yes but Jesus said he is not coming to bring peace but a sword

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet more evidence of a society that thinks "rights" trump responsibilities and the inevitable and deadly outcome of that thinking .The lengths the gun lobby goes to demand their rights for fun trump the rights of others just to stay alive.

Like the cigarette lobby and corn lobby before them, the gun lobby will do anything to manipulate truth, and bribe any amount of votes to prevent simple controls . And when they discover the truth is against them, they do all they can to prevent statistics being collected - just like the cigarette lobby before them.

Yet nothing will alter the simple truth.. No guns = no gun deaths.
Timothy McVee didn't use a gun. Suicide bombers don't use guns. Those nineteen terrorists in 9/11 didn't use guns. Hitler used gas chambers. Sadaam Husein used chemical weapons. Wait till a nuclear war happens and millions are killed.
Gun contol would not have prevented these events or wull they when worse events come. Evil will be around until God takes it away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The police did a great job in Gilroy, taking out the shooter with just their handguns.
And they were on location, not 3 or more minutes away.

Right... those cops saved far more lives than would have been saved if the shooter was unable to obtain an assault rifle in the first place...

Clearly what we need is MORE GUNS in the hands of MORE PEOPLE!
:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The president also famously launched his campaign by calling Mexican immigrants “rapists”
Personally, anyone who tries to pin that old fabrication on the president loses all credibility with me. However, I will note that being opposed to illegal immigration, even if it is mainly coming from Latin American countries, hardly constitutes "white supremacy." :doh:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look, there has been mass shootings and terrorists attacks on and off for so long in this country. So why people are complaining and whining about such irks me in all kinds of ways. Don't you know there are still people sick suffering and dying in the hospitals and on the streets and in other parts of the world? What makes these people different then the others? Why worry about something you had no control over?, why not use your freedom and help those you can help and have control over. What can donald Trump do? All Donald Trump can do is be Donald Trump. It's no use worrying about something we have no control over. While I am very sorry people have got killed and hurt, I know also the Bible says we are not to put our faith in man , but God only. So Donald Trump may be leading the country now but don't expect any miracles and don't expect the man to not fall in error because the bible says to put our faith in God only, Donald Trump is an imperfect human being who was born a sinner just like all of us. And on this earth no man should be fully trusted. It ain't nobody on this Earth perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I believe we are all capable of falling into error. It would just be better to just pray to God, (the only one who can do the possible) about it instead of complaining about such cause it's irritating and it bothers me. A beautiful man died on the cross 2000 years ago yet no one talks about that and how he suffered for us and lost his life. The only thing events shows us like this is that life is short and because it is short we should be trying to return our hearts and souls to God and seeking him. Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/
One has to wonder what tune you would be singing if your child was killed in one of these senseless killings.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
36,000 deaths per year from gun shots.
32,000 deaths from auto accidents.
Shall we get rid of cars too?
This is an example of one of the obviously flawed arguments for gun rights.

It is such a poor argument that i would bet the average 6 year old could refute it - cars provide a valuable function other than killing.

Reactions: caerlerion
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.