USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And what about Jesus? Why is thier hardly any concern sorrow and empathy for him in this world?

There’s a line from The Lord of the Rings that’s apropos. Frodo spots Gollum and tells Gandalf that Bilbo should have killed him. But Gandalf replies, “it was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand.”

Do you understand? We didn’t deserve His love or pity. The sacrifice was an act of grace. Unmerited favor. On your best day you are undeserving and He loves you in spite of your failures.

How could you, one who calls herself a believer and is presumably endowed with His spirit and the beneficiary of His redemption and sacrifice speak so callously?

How could your reason drive you away from the very thing you’ve been given? Christ loved those who received Him and rejected Him.

No amount of works or platitudes will overcome an absence of love. And He makes it very clear in 1 Corinthians 13.

I look around and much like Bilbo I feel sorrow for what I’m observing. I don’t delight in anyone’s suffering or feel its deserved because of their spiritual condition or welcome destruction either.

That isn’t a Spirit of God in operation. It’s condemnation and a religious spirit that always leads to hardening and self-righteousness.

I have no more to say. This isn’t edifying.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if he "hated" it why would he be on there in the first place?
On a Katy Perry music video? Probably because his image was lifted from some tv show he was on.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably because they all work together and is the same class...
Not sure what "class" that would be.

He is middle age, African American and has multiple PhDs.

Did Ms Perry, a young white girl, even graduate high school?

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He objected?
Dunno. Since he is on TV, it is legal to use that (in short clips) without permission.

This thread is the first I heard of it. I do not watch her videos or listen to her music.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree, but there is continual wanton murder in Chicago, for instance, that no one makes a "peep" about, even as it continues.
The city, like almost all the cities with high murder rates, has been governed by Democrats for years and years. The gun-confiscation advocates certainly aren't about to point anyone's attention in that direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The city, like almost all the cities with high murder rates, has been governed by Democrats for years and years. The gun-confiscation advocates certainly aren't about to direct anyone's attention in that direction.

Yet all this "outrage" now?

It's nauseating.

And the Chicago, on-going blatant murders?

*crickets*

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A beautiful man died on the cross 2000 years ago yet no one talks about that and how he suffered for us and lost his life. The only thing events shows us like this is that life is short and because it is short we should be trying to return our hearts and souls to God and seeking him. Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/
Don't christians talk about the death of Christ at least weekly ?

I am so glad that Christ's attitude towards the dying was not like yours ...

Romans 5:28 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There’s a line from The Lord of the Rings that’s apropos. Frodo spots Gollum and tells Gandalf that Bilbo should have killed him. But Gandalf replies, “it was pity that stayed Bilbo’s hand.”

Do you understand? We didn’t deserve His love or pity. The sacrifice was an act of grace. Unmerited favor. On your best day you are undeserving and He loves you in spite of your failures.

How could you, one who calls herself a believer and is presumably endowed with His spirit and the beneficiary of His redemption and sacrifice speak so callously?

How could your reason drive you away from the very thing you’ve been given? Christ loved those who received Him and rejected Him.

No amount of works or platitudes will overcome an absence of love. And He makes it very clear in 1 Corinthians 13.

I look around and much like Bilbo I feel sorrow for what I’m observing. I don’t delight in anyone’s suffering or feel its deserved because of their spiritual condition or welcome destruction either.

That isn’t a Spirit of God in operation. It’s condemnation and a religious spirit that always leads to hardening and self-righteousness.

Well maybe you should be the one over a podium with a crown on your head cause clearly I don't really care much anymore...but I know how the world works so I ain't worried about it or what you tell me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Romans 5:28 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
You don't even know me to make such a claim and I was not talking about Christians obviously

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what "class" that would be.

He is middle age, African American and has multiple PhDs.

Did Ms Perry, a young white girl, even graduate high school?
No I mean..they are all celebrities who appear to all have the same connection...lol

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And just because someone calls themselves a Christian doesn't mean they belong to Jesus. We don't really know who belongs to who, only Jesus knows who are truly his. Making such a claim doesn't seal one a true child of God...

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

and it's so edifying how people rejoice over a man's death and at the same time not stop and be concern about him and his feelings. His heart. Just because he did a wondrous thing for society doesn't mean he doesn't ever hurt and or have emotions ..and resentment about it...I mean the man did loose his life on the cross but who would ever die for such a person or persons in this world?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, are you God now? You can see my heart?
You exposed your heart with your words ...

"Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/ ... "

If you don't like it, you can always change it ...

“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” Luke 6:45

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Albion