Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, there has been mass shootings and terrorists attacks on and off for so long in this country. So why people are complaining and whining about such irks me in all kinds of ways. Don't you know there are still people sick suffering and dying in the hospitals and on the streets and in other parts of the world? What makes these people different then the others? Why worry about something you had no control over?, why not use your freedom and help those you can help and have control over. What can donald Trump do? All Donald Trump can do is be Donald Trump. It's no use worrying about something we have no control over. While I am very sorry people have got killed and hurt, I know also the Bible says we are not to put our faith in man , but God only. So Donald Trump may be leading the country now but don't expect any miracles and don't expect the man to not fall in error because the bible says to put our faith in God only, Donald Trump is an imperfect human being who was born a sinner just like all of us. And on this earth no man should be fully trusted. It ain't nobody on this Earth perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I believe we are all capable of falling into error. It would just be better to just pray to God, (the only one who can do the possible) about it instead of complaining about such cause it's irritating and it bothers me. A beautiful man died on the cross 2000 years ago yet no one talks about that and how he suffered for us and lost his life. The only thing events shows us like this is that life is short and because it is short we should be trying to return our hearts and souls to God and seeking him. Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/
After a mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, FL there were many complaints and a nationwide movement to ban bump-stocks. The government yielded to their complaints. Florida banned bump-stocks. The NRA sued Florida. The court upheld the ban. The Federal govt. eventually banned bump-stocks.

The US has the highest murder rate of any of the advanced industrialized nations. The US has the most permissive gun control laws of any of these. People may complain. The Constitution guarantees freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Jesus said, “Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.” Jesus did not resist arrest when a group of temple police sent by the chief priests arrived to arrest him in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you honestly think that if laws were passed to confiscate guns, that all gun deaths would cease?

No of course not... but the jury is in...
During the national Ban on assault weapons between 1994-2004, the rate of death from mass shootings dropped by 70%, then spiked back up after it expired.

You might find that a preventable 70% rise in mass shooting deaths is a price you're happily willing to pay to enjoy the warm fuzzy feelings you get when you legally own an assault rifle though....

For me, not so much.

Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The lengths to which people on all sides of this increasingly tedious debate will go to defend their personal red herrings is pretty impressive.

The only thing I've been able to discern as a pattern in these events is the American people's desire for someone else to do something to make it stop. We seem to suffer from a multi-layered collective delusion that 1) The evil inherent in the human condition can be conquered outside of Jesus Christ and 2)the evil in the world is someone else's problem to solve.

*sigh*

What if everyone who talks about what other people should do to fix this took their own time and their own money to pour Christ's Love into the kind of broken people who commit these horrific crimes? What would happen if we all did that? We are all too busy either working or entertaining ourselves to find out.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No of course not... but the jury is in...
During the national Ban on assault weapons between 1994-2004, the rate of death from mass shootings dropped by 70%, then spiked back up after it expired.

You might find that a preventable 70% rise in mass shooting deaths is a price you're happily willing to pay to enjoy the warm fuzzy feelings you get when you legally own an assault rifle though....

For me, not so much.
I don’t own any weapons. So no fuzzy feelings, warm or otherwise.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
On a Katy Perry music video? Probably because his image was lifted from some tv show he was on.

Katy Perry was on Tyson's show StarTalk a couple years back. The point of Tyson's show is to generate interest in science and scientific curiosity. Having someone like Katy Perry on, if nothing else, probably helps bring in a broader audience.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That was a just an addendum to my first post - a bit stronger argument. IF YOU'D LIKE TO ADDRESS THAT (post #62), PLEASE DO. SPARE ME THE INSULTS.
The 2nd Ammendment is a strong argument though.
I see nothing in post 62 except (1) an argument that evil is inevitable; and (2) an supported claim that restrictions on guns don’t work.

As for feeling insulted, the comparison to cars is an absolutely dreadful argument. What do you want me to say?

And what us your 2nd amendment argument? Surely it cannot be that whatever is in the Constitution is timeless truth. Times change - what might have made sense 200 years ago does not necessarily make sense today.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guns don't breed, carry disease, or act on their own unlike rats. Now if you were saying we need less people--that would be a comparable analogy
If, repeat if, you are making the argument that guns cannot be the problem because they cannot pull their own triggers, then that argument needs to be named for what it is.

Stupid.

Note: i am criticizing an IDEA, not you. I have believed all sorts of stupid ideas in my day.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look, there has been mass shootings and terrorists attacks on and off for so long in this country. So why people are complaining and whining about such irks me in all kinds of ways. Don't you know there are still people sick suffering and dying in the hospitals and on the streets and in other parts of the world? What makes these people different then the others? Why worry about something you had no control over?, why not use your freedom and help those you can help and have control over. What can donald Trump do? All Donald Trump can do is be Donald Trump. It's no use worrying about something we have no control over. While I am very sorry people have got killed and hurt, I know also the Bible says we are not to put our faith in man , but God only. So Donald Trump may be leading the country now but don't expect any miracles and don't expect the man to not fall in error because the bible says to put our faith in God only, Donald Trump is an imperfect human being who was born a sinner just like all of us. And on this earth no man should be fully trusted. It ain't nobody on this Earth perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I believe we are all capable of falling into error. It would just be better to just pray to God, (the only one who can do the possible) about it instead of complaining about such cause it's irritating and it bothers me. A beautiful man died on the cross 2000 years ago yet no one talks about that and how he suffered for us and lost his life. The only thing events shows us like this is that life is short and because it is short we should be trying to return our hearts and souls to God and seeking him. Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/
one can trust God and desire and work toward a change so that mass shooting becomes a thing of the past. I don't see why these demand to be mutually exclusive.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If, repeat if, you are making the argument that guns cannot be the problem because they cannot pull their own triggers, then that argument needs to be named for what it is.

Stupid.

Note: i am criticizing an IDEA, not you. I have believed all sorts of stupid ideas in my day.

I'm not. I was just saying his analogy was poor. Honestly I wouldn't care at all about gun control if it weren't for the fact that it would make political revolution (if necessary), impossible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I know one thing stopping mass shootings won't stop Gods words from coming to pass. It seems to me like it's more then that, it seems to me like people think baking a birthday cake and throwing a party in the world singing cumaya is gonna stop Jesus return and his words from coming to pass. But Jesus said it would be like the days of Noah where people were partying and giving in to marriage and whole flood came. Etc. Because the bible says that this world will pass away and that the only thing that will remain is his word. Whether it's tomorrow or 5 years from now his words will come to pass at the appointed time which I believe is almost here. Jesus could be well on his way on his chariot and the world will still be fussing and moaning over gun controls and such violence much less expecting Donald Trump to perform some miracle...if you want to observe something, observe the sky and your surroundings...

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I know one thing stopping mass shootings won't stop Gods words from coming to pass. It seems to me like it's more then that, it seems to me like people think baking a birthday cake and throwing a party in the world singing cumaya is gonna stop Jesus return and his words from coming to pass. But Jesus said it would be like the days of Noah where people were partying and giving in to marriage and whole flood came. Etc. Because the bible says that this world will pass away and that the only thing that will remain is his word. Whether it's tomorrow or 5 years from now his words will come to pass at the appointed time which I believe is almost here. Jesus could be well on his way on his chariot and the world will still be fussing and moaning over gun controls and such violence much less expecting Donald Trump to perform some miracle...if you want to observe something, observe the sky and your surroundings...
that's not a reason to be apathetic to the things going around us. God is the one bring these things, not us, if people are in need, we can help that need and love God while we doing it.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that's not a reason to be apathetic to the things going around us. God is the one bring these things, not us, if people are in need, we can help that need and love God while we doing it.
I'm not trying to be apathetic, you think I don't notice what goes on in this world? Believe me I do. But I don't complain about it over the internet..I sit on my couch and watch the news and say "oh yeah that's bad", I think for a bit after then I move on. We have no control over this world, we cant control every person in this world, the next baby born could be the next baby thrown in prison for some offense or terrorist attack, we can't control people and stop babies from being born...
And the world doesn't need another president either, it needs a revival. I don't even understand why we need world leaders and such when most can not be trusted. Its like vote for one person to take thier seat in office to make things better and then next thing you know in another 4 to 8 years theres another dimwit in the white house creating more problems and screwing things up ...what these people doing I don't know but I really don't see what they show for..they all seem like crooks to me...you know the definition of insanity? Doing something over and over and expecting a different result..well that's what it seems like these people are doing when in face value God is the only answer to world problems...and you know that saying if you can't beat them , join them

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not trying to be apathetic, you think I don't notice what goes on in this world? Believe me I do. But I don't complain about it over the internet..I sit on my couch and watch the news and say "oh yeah that's bad", I think for a bit after then I move on. We have no control over this world, we cant control every person in this world, the next baby born could be the next baby thrown in prison for some offense or terrorist attack, we can't control people and stop babies from being born...
And the world doesn't need another president either, it needs a revival. I don't even understand why we need world leaders and such when most can not be trusted. Its like vote for one person to take thier seat in office to make things better and then next thing you know in another 4 to 8 years theres another dimwit in the white house creating more problems and screwing things up ...what these people doing I don't know but I really don't see what they show for..they all seem like crooks to me...you know the definition of insanity? Doing something over and over and expecting a different result..well that's what it seems like these people are doing when in face value God is the only answer to world problems...and you know that saying if you can't beat them , join them
These are 1st world problems. Talk to others with real problems and real corrupt leaders who run their country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xser88

Jan 7, 2019
Fontana
✟130,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My issue is many are selective in their reactions to these mass murderings. Did you take this attitude when the 9/11 attack occurred? Seems when Muslims are the assailants, it's evil intent, but when white nationalist commit mass murder, it's mental illness. American citizens aren't more mentally unstable than people in other countries. We have more guns than everyone else and we don't honestly address racism and hate. We Christians have failed miserably in this area.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Instead you just complain on an internet forum about people being concerned about politically motivated mass murder. Everything you say is riddled with lack of sympathy and very self righteous. You assume because you don't feel bad about some foreigners being targeted and killed as a political statement that everyone else should be the same? You are conflating the politically corrupt and the victims of a murder to somehow be both equally guilty of something. Revival starts with defeating hypocrisy and bringing humility and compassion. I was deeply disheartened to see that the top post on this board in a time of trouble and hatred, is filled with complete calace completely foreign to the gospel. Are politicians using this all for political gain? Sure. That doesn't mean we blame the victims and cease to support them. I hope no one ever treats you with the lack of sympathy when tragedy comes knocking at your door.

It's a little bit like those end times obsessees who relish the day when christ returns, so they can see the look on "those smug atheists faces", rather then wanting and praying for peace and salvation.

Upvote 0

xser88

Jan 7, 2019
Fontana
✟130,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what about Jesus? Why is thier hardly any concern sorrow and empathy for him in this world? Besides expressing concern and sorrow about such wont make any of us righteous in any aspect. Girl, there has been shooting in churches before, so anyone with common sense would take precaution and lock thier church doors considering and knowing it has happened before and knowing we are now in bad times, and they aren't grevious acts they are the signs of the times Jesus talked about..look around sista..it's going to get worst and you know why it will get worst, cause we are in those times where it's leading for Jesus' return and the end... Remember Jesus said nations will rise against nations and that people would turn on one another, I know you read that in your bible child

Truthfully, the FBI website numbers show violence has been declining for the last 30 years, but white nationalist violence has been increasing. I thought us Christians would be better equipped with facts. Corporate media control this fearful narrative, from watching the news you would think violence is getting worse. Hasn't been true for years, but corporate media has an agenda. Fear works, and they like to tell us who to fear. It is so strange when the media or FBI report on true trends like white nationalist violence increasing, conservative Christians play it down or deny it. Big elephant in the room with conservative Christians and white racism, long overdue addressing this evil.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Instead you just complain on an internet forum about people being concerned about politically motivated mass murder. Everything you say is riddled with lack of sympathy and very self righteous. You assume because you don't feel bad about some foreigners being targeted and killed as a political statement that everyone else should be the same? You are conflating the politically corrupt and the victims of a murder to somehow be both equally guilty of something. Revival starts with defeating hypocrisy and bringing humility and compassion. I was deeply disheartened to see that the top post on this board in a time of trouble and hatred, is filled with complete calace completely foreign to the gospel. Are politicians using this all for political gain? Sure. That doesn't mean we blame the victims and cease to support them. I hope no one ever treats you with the lack of sympathy when tragedy comes knocking at your door.

It's a little bit like those end times obsessees who relish the day when christ returns, so they can see the look on "those smug atheists faces", rather then wanting and praying for peace and salvation.
I am not complaining. I'm having a normal discussion with you people on a christian forum on the internet. Who said I didn't have some type of feeling about it? Where was I blaming the victims, I don't even know the victims. Im sorry its not my problem you are interpreting my post in all kinds of ways but it is a problem when you trying to lie and put words in my mouth when I never implied any of that crap you just posted. I state my opinion about something in an OP and some of you come in here trying to make a big thing out of nothing when you could just ignores me and my post and move on to the next one, it's a terrible thing to shoot someone cold blooded but I know it's also a silly thing to jump at me in my thread without self control or self restraint, you know keep it up, behavior like that will get you everywhere and until that day comes and we all face Jesus, and when he separate the sheep from the goats and we hear our names called out of the book of life, we all still remain hypocrites... And no revival starts by looking at the world for what it really is and it's accepting it and realizing none of us will ever stand corrected or will ever come into an agreement with one another until we realize we are all brothers and sisters in Christ who were not born on earth to compete with one another or tear each other down but accept one another and bring the world into one... So quit putting words in my mouth cause I never said those things or feel that way cause I don't feel that way, maybe you do but I don't and I clearly don't care much to continue and argue about something I had no control over and about something that won't bring those people back to life...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My issue is many are selective in their reactions to these mass murderings. Did you take this attitude when the 9/11 attack occurred? Seems when Muslims are the assailants, it's evil intent, but when white nationalist commit mass murder, it's mental illness. American citizens aren't more mentally unstable than people in other countries. We have more guns than everyone else and we don't honestly address racism and hate. We Christians have failed miserably in this area.
Actually no I was in deep mourning that day and felt for the first time I was deeply connecting to God. I even wore a t-shirt that day honoring America. But that was like the first biggest terrorist attack of the country, so of course I felt more deeply shocked then now, now as in when I say now that these been going on and off for years now so it's not new to me ..it doesn't mean I don't care, it just means I can't do nothing over something I have no control over..I think I'm done debating about this, its just a waste of my time and leads to nothing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These are 1st world problems. Talk to others with real problems and real corrupt leaders who run their country.
( *Sings* He got the whole world in his hands, he got the world in his hands.jk. ) But this is one world dude, the reason for everything evil in this world is not evil in itself or because it's 1st world problems, it's people who become evil for ignoring and rejecting God's words, think they can have thier own way, play God themselves and have control over this world, then again we all have a purpose so maybe it was there purpose to cause such wickedness but at the end of the day Whether good or bad happens in the world, Gods plan for mankind will still succeed. So why are y'all being so rational and overreacting about it when y'all know how the story ends already...why not be mature about it and just accept things for what it is ..and may be.. you people have no faith at all...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.