Martinez
✟903,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look, there has been mass shootings and terrorists attacks on and off for so long in this country. So why people are complaining and whining about such irks me in all kinds of ways. Don't you know there are still people sick suffering and dying in the hospitals and on the streets and in other parts of the world? What makes these people different then the others? Why worry about something you had no control over?, why not use your freedom and help those you can help and have control over. What can donald Trump do? All Donald Trump can do is be Donald Trump. It's no use worrying about something we have no control over. While I am very sorry people have got killed and hurt, I know also the Bible says we are not to put our faith in man , but God only. So Donald Trump may be leading the country now but don't expect any miracles and don't expect the man to not fall in error because the bible says to put our faith in God only, Donald Trump is an imperfect human being who was born a sinner just like all of us. And on this earth no man should be fully trusted. It ain't nobody on this Earth perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I believe we are all capable of falling into error. It would just be better to just pray to God, (the only one who can do the possible) about it instead of complaining about such cause it's irritating and it bothers me. A beautiful man died on the cross 2000 years ago yet no one talks about that and how he suffered for us and lost his life. The only thing events shows us like this is that life is short and because it is short we should be trying to return our hearts and souls to God and seeking him. Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/
All I know is to see a gun pulled to shoot an innocent person is a horrible thing. I know because I witnessed it. I do not equate dying from an illness to getting your 3 year old child randomly shot. As far as DJT, he can stop tweeting things that promote racial divide. That's a good start.
Blessings

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The mass shootings are more obvious. But there are individual abusers who sucker-kill individuals who don't give them their own way. So, what's made public is not all that's going on.

I would say that for us this means to have compassion for people. Our Apostle Paul says > "first of all" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4 > to pray for people, care about "all" in prayer.

And I have enough to do. If God is taking care of me, this is plenty.

But I think it is a good point how we ourselves can do good to people. We might even save certain lives. We can save more lives than terrorists and abusers end.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But why is it a shock? Hasn't this been happening over the years?
Yes, but you know...white supremacy...white supremacy...white supremacy.

By the way, what do we know about the shooter that makes him a white supremacist??

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It isn't edifying because you don't agree with me. And I think you missed my point here, do you know why there is lacking of concern and empathy for Jesus in this world, it's because the world does not care, the world is a selfish one whom only care for it's own. I don't care what you say this world is full of error and BS. If someone is going to condemn me let it be Jesus and not someone who talks to me like I don't understand what you are saying..and how the heck you know what I am endowed with, you don't even know me..
You do realize Jesus Christ of Nazareth rose from the dead. He conquered death and Hades to save the world from sin. He redeemed the sinner and restored the relationship between humanity and the Father. We rejoice in His work for us! We are not called as Christians to mourn His death rather we are to rejoice in the gift of grace given to us through His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We are to love Him and one another. This is the GOSPEL.
Blessings

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What can donald Trump do? All Donald Trump can do is be Donald Trump.

No.. Donald Trump can do PLENTY.
He has the Bully Pulpit.
He can start by can tweeting every day the following:
"Stop doing this in my name"

Donald trump can say from the podium at his rallies:
"Stop doing this in my name, I disavow it and I disavow YOU if you do it."

Donald trump can get on TV, address the nation and say "Stop doing these evil deeds in my name. Stop hating your fellow american in my name"

That would be a start and would be so simple and effortless for him to do... here's the rub... he doesn't WANT to.

He has NO DESIRE to use his influence over his base to curb this violence being done in HIS NAME.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/

What if someone reading this statement is a family member of the victim?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No.. Donald Trump can do PLENTY.
He has the Bully Pulpit.
He can start by can tweeting every day the following:
"Stop doing this in my name"

Donald trump can say from the podium at his rallies:
"Stop doing this in my name, I disavow it and I disavow YOU if you do it."

Donald trump can get on TV, address the nation and say "Stop doing these evil deeds in my name. Stop hating your fellow american in my name"

That would be a start and would be so simple and effortless for him to do... here's the rub... he doesn't WANT to.

He has NO DESIRE to use his influence over his base to curb this violence being done in HIS NAME.
I can't seem to find anything that verifies that the shooter did it "in Trump's name."

Reportedly, he once wrote that he supports Trump's intention to build a wall, which puts him in the company of most Americans...but nothing about shooting anyone "in my name."

So help us out. What is the material you are using?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
T. . .

We didn’t deserve His love or pity. The sacrifice was an act of grace. Unmerited favor. On your best day you are undeserving and He loves you in spite of your failures.

You do realize Jesus Christ of Nazareth rose from the dead. He conquered death and Hades to save the world from sin. He redeemed the sinner and restored the relationship between humanity and the Father. We rejoice in His work for us! We are not called as Christians to mourn His death rather we are to rejoice in the gift of grace given to us through His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We are to love Him and one another.

This is the GOSPEL.

Amen! :clap:

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look, there has been mass shootings and terrorists attacks on and off for so long in this country. So why people are complaining and whining about such irks me in all kinds of ways. Don't you know there are still people sick suffering and dying in the hospitals and on the streets and in other parts of the world? What makes these people different then the others? Why worry about something you had no control over?

There are some diseases that we have no cure for, and no control over. But each has her own calling. You keep doing what you need to do in your area of caring for the sick, dying, and the homeless, as this is a commendable work before the LORD. But if someone else feels it's her calling to advocate for political causes (gun control, etc.), then let her be.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Texas is open carry.

Many People in that walmart were "good guys with guns" and they were 100% ineffective at stopping the bad guy with an assault rifle.

Texas is not "open carry". You still need to obtain a permit to open carry, same one as concealed. Many here do not have guns, let alone carry them. Proof, please, that many in that WM were carrying...

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look, there has been mass shootings and terrorists attacks on and off for so long in this country. So why people are complaining and whining about such irks me in all kinds of ways. Don't you know there are still people sick suffering and dying in the hospitals and on the streets and in other parts of the world? What makes these people different then the others? Why worry about something you had no control over?, why not use your freedom and help those you can help and have control over. What can donald Trump do? All Donald Trump can do is be Donald Trump. It's no use worrying about something we have no control over. While I am very sorry people have got killed and hurt, I know also the Bible says we are not to put our faith in man , but God only. So Donald Trump may be leading the country now but don't expect any miracles and don't expect the man to not fall in error because the bible says to put our faith in God only, Donald Trump is an imperfect human being who was born a sinner just like all of us. And on this earth no man should be fully trusted. It ain't nobody on this Earth perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I believe we are all capable of falling into error. It would just be better to just pray to God, (the only one who can do the possible) about it instead of complaining about such cause it's irritating and it bothers me. A beautiful man died on the cross 2000 years ago yet no one talks about that and how he suffered for us and lost his life. The only thing events shows us like this is that life is short and because it is short we should be trying to return our hearts and souls to God and seeking him. Besides, the bible says we are all destined to die and people die everyday, get over it please :-/
It's not about complaining. It's about getting people to stop harming their neighbor-for whatever reason.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many People in that walmart were "good guys with guns" and they were 100% ineffective at stopping the bad guy with an assault rifle.

And your source for this is...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Texas is not "open carry". You still need to obtain a permit to open carry, same one as concealed. Many here do not have guns, let alone carry them.
Here's Texas' Gun Law Facts:
FAQ

Proof, please, that many in that WM were carrying...
Licensed to Carry: Handguns in Texas
In Texas, (in 2016) 1 out of every 29 people was licensed to carry.

If there were 200 people in that walmart, then Statistically, 7-10 were carrying a firearm.

But it doesn't make a difference... 100 people with a sidearm would not have stopped one guy with an assault rifle in time to save those lives he took in Donald Trump's Name.

Sorry Charlie,
The "mass shootings would decrease if everyone had more guns" argument is, pardon the pun, DEAD.

As proven, Mass shootings go DOWN, by as much as 70%, when a NATIONAL Assault weapon ban is in effect.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't seem to find anything that verifies that the shooter did it "in Trump's name."

I find that odd....Surely you know about this?
Found as a "liked" photo in the shooters twitter feed:
ScreenHunter_59 Aug. 05 08.12.jpg

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was asking about the claim of the shooter pulling off the El Paso massacre "in his (i.e. Trump's) name."

There was nothing to that, apparently.

Well, I can only lead a horse to water, Ed....

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's Texas' Gun Law Facts:
FAQ

But it doesn't make a difference... 100 people with a sidearm would not have stopped one guy with an assault rifle in time to save those lives he took in Donald Trump's Name.

The police did a great job in Gilroy, taking out the shooter with just their handguns.
And they were on location, not 3 or more minutes away.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.