✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
zzNEhiy.png

It's only data that suggests correlation.

Perfect, undeniable, correlation.

Who would want correlation to strike them?

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
zzNEhiy.png

It's only data that suggests correlation.

Perfect, undeniable, correlation.

Who would want correlation to strike them?
I would be hesitant to do anything with '% who know someone with Covid-19 symptoms' as it may reflect a cultural difference in people being more interdependent in some states than others. I would have been more comfortable with that axis being the actual number of cases within the past month or so. So I'm not sure this actually shows what it claims to show. Maybe it's true there are less symptoms of Covid-19 where people wear masks more. I don't think this necessarily shows it. It may just show that people in some states are more socially cohesive than in other states.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I too am game for answers and responsible reactions to illness, but I too am hesitant to think the graph represents any useful truth. I do know that God's people were told how to deal with communicable illness in the Old Testament, and I have a strong suspicion the same advice given then would be helpful today. "Outside the camp" sounds a lot like "socially isolated," in my humble opinion. But thank you, OP rambot, for posting your thoughts.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Conclusions and Relevance While modifications to improve medical procedure mask fit can enhance the filtering capability and reduce inhalation of airborne particles, this study demonstrates that the FFEs of consumer-grade masks available to the public are, in many cases, nearly equivalent to or better than their non-N95 respirator medical mask counterparts.
Evaluation of Cloth Masks and Modified Procedure Masks as Personal Protective Equipment

Face masks are not perfect. They are one of a combination of measures, including physical distancing, hand washing, sufficient ventilation, and the avoidance of crowds and gatherings, that can reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2. The face mask that one person wears to reduce the potential release of droplets that contain virus complements the mask that another person wears to reduce the risk of inhaling these droplets.1 The consistent, correct, and universal wearing of face masks increases the benefit for individuals, and for all. This is neither rocket science nor a political statement. It is common sense and responsible behavior.
Filtration Efficiency of Face Masks Used by the Public During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Upvote 0