Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Revelation 14: 9-11, the Bible describes the terrible fate of those who receive the Mark of the Beast.

Revelation 14:9-11
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

In stark contrast, the next verse describes those who stand victorious with Jesus on Mount Zion:
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

And we see in Revelation 7: 1-3 an angel ascends from the east with the seal of the living God.
Revelation 7:1-3
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their forehead

This angel comes down from heaven and puts a seal on people's foreheads. Two classes are represented: Those who receive the mark of the beast and eventually receive the plagues. Those who keep the commandments of God, who are sealed by the angel, and do not receive the plagues. In Isaiah we find more..
Isaiah 8:16
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Therefore, the seal of God is contained in His law. The Bible teaches that the final issue will be over the seal of God as opposed to the mark of the beast.

The Mark of the Beast is his seal of authority, and that would be "a rule or order that it is obligatory to observe" which he has passed. This would include the Sabbath along with all the other changes he has made that he claims he has the authority to do so.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:

So it is a change of Gods seal of authority which are his laws which have been with us since creation and were written out on the tablets of stone, by the Beast with false laws or rules of divine observance that are his seal of authority. We are charged to follow Gods truth not traditions or doctrines of men, and his commandments stand as Jesus said:

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Colossians 2:4-8 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words: . . . beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.;

Colossians 2:18-22 Let no man beguile you of your reward. . . . Why as though living in the world, are you subject to ordinances . . . after the commandments and doctrines of men.

Here is a good explanation by Samuele Bacchiocchi, Ph. D.:

"...Throughout the centuries Christians have speculated about the meaning of "the Mark of the Beast" and "the Number "666" of the Beast" mentioned in Revelation 13. Today the interest continues unabated for this apocalyptic endtime Antichrist who will control the economic, political, and social life of mankind by placing a mark and a number upon people....

...The key passage that has been the object of endless speculations, is Revelation 13:16-18. The reason is that this passage speaks of the mark, the name, and the number of the beast that will be placed on the right hand and forehead of people: "[The Beast] causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six" (Rev 13:16-18). In this prophecy we are told the endtime generation will receive the mark of the beast. We are told that the mark of the beast is the name of the beast, and the name of the beast is its number 666. In other words, the mark, the name, and the number 666 of the beast are essentially the same.
Our Adventist church has shown courage in recent years by rejecting the traditional numeric interpretation of the number 666, proposing instead a symbolic interpretation based on several possible meanings of the number 6, such as "humans separated from God," and the human refusal to proceed to seven, to give glory to God and find rest in Him. If the symbol for truth is seven, six stands for the false worship promoted by the Beast.

At this point the challenge is to build upon our newly accepted symbolic interpretation by taking a fresh look at the unity that exists among the MARK, the NAME, and the NUMBER of the Beast. Revelation 13:17 clearly indicates that the three are essentially the same, sharing the same meaning: "... the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name" (v. 17; NIV).

By recognizing that the Mark of the Beast and the Number of the Beast are essentially the same, we can hardly still limit the Mark of the Beast to the enforcement of Sunday observance. The time has come to look for a broader application of the endtime promotion of false worship.

A careful study of how the two beasts of Revelation 13 will join together to force the false worship of God upon "all the inhabitants of the earth" (v. 8), challenges us to explore afresh how Satan is accomplishing his purpose today.

Such a study can broaden our horizon by leading us to recognize, for example, that there is more to MARK OF THE BEAST than the enforcement of Sunday observance..... It is a known fact that in Western Europe less than 10% of Christians (both Catholic and Protestant) attend church on Sunday. For the vast majority of Christians Sunday has become the day to seek for pleasure and profit, rather than for the presence and peace of God.

The issue today is no longer: Which day do Christian observe? But, Do they observe any day at all? By their lifestyle most Christians show that they are not interested in a HOLY DAY, whether it be Saturday or Sunday, but in HOLIDAYS. This can help us understand why the Sabbath is going to be such a controversial, testing truth in the final showdown, simply because it summons people to give priority to God by consecrating their time to Him on the seventh-day. And people are very touchy about their time. They want to spend their time seeking for pleasure and profit, not for the presence and peace of God in their lives.

The endtime showdown is not about names or numbers per se, that is, Sunday versus Sabbath, First Day versus Seventh-day, but about what these two days represent: Self-centered worship versus God-centered worship. It is within this context that THE MARK AND NUMBER OF THE BEAST must be understood.

...this study examines the sharp contrast between the seal of God and the mark of the beast. Their basic function is to symbolize a religious commitment: one to Christ and the other to the antichrist. Both the seal and the mark embody the inherent motifs of ownership and protection (Ezek 9:4; Rev 7:2-3; 9:4; 13: 16, 17). Both are religious signs of loyalty. This is signified by their placement "on the foreheads" - the place of mental assent - and "on the hand" - the place of external conformity....."

Last edited:
O

OntheDL

"Q. Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?
A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her;—she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
---A Doctrinal Catechism by Stephen Keenan, Imprimatur by John Cardinal McCloskey, Archbishop of New York

"Distinctive of the Roman Catholic Church, Sunday Mass observance became a mark of a practicing Catholic."
--- Dictionary of the Liturgy, Rev. Jovian P. Lang, OFM., Catholic Book Publishing Co., 1989,

"The attendance at [Sunday] Mass is the mark of a practical Catholic. One who fails to attend is not worthy of the name. While all mortal sins involve great malice, there is attached to this sin a peculiar and unique malice." ---The Faith of Millions, by the Reverend John A. O'Brien, PH.D., Copyright 1938,

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. It could not have been otherwise as none in those days would have dreamed of doing anything in matters spiritual and ecclesiastical and religious without her. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things". ---Letter to Cardinal Gibbons, November 11, 1895, from C.F. Thomas.

"The Church is above the Bible; and this transference of Sabbath observance to Sunday is proof positive of that fact. Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God." ---The Catholic Record, London, Ontario Canada, September 1, 1923

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate (change) laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." --- Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop.

The SDAs do not make claims what the sign of God or the mark of beast are. The claims have already been made by their respective parties.

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is but more proof that the SDA's claim that they alone hold the truth that Sabbath worship is a must for salvation into the kingdom of God and not faith alone. If the Sabbath is not kept them salvation is not possible...a matter of works salvation.

What a farce! This is a mere document of man and not the claims of the bible!

AT

"Q. Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?
A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her;—she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
---A Doctrinal Catechism by Stephen Keenan, Imprimatur by John Cardinal McCloskey, Archbishop of New York

"Distinctive of the Roman Catholic Church, Sunday Mass observance became a mark of a practicing Catholic."
--- Dictionary of the Liturgy, Rev. Jovian P. Lang, OFM., Catholic Book Publishing Co., 1989,

"The attendance at [Sunday] Mass is the mark of a practical Catholic. One who fails to attend is not worthy of the name. While all mortal sins involve great malice, there is attached to this sin a peculiar and unique malice." ---The Faith of Millions, by the Reverend John A. O'Brien, PH.D., Copyright 1938,

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. It could not have been otherwise as none in those days would have dreamed of doing anything in matters spiritual and ecclesiastical and religious without her. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things". ---Letter to Cardinal Gibbons, November 11, 1895, from C.F. Thomas.

"The Church is above the Bible; and this transference of Sabbath observance to Sunday is proof positive of that fact. Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God." ---The Catholic Record, London, Ontario Canada, September 1, 1923

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate (change) laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." --- Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop.

The SDAs do not make claims what the sign of God or the mark of beast are. The claims have already been made by their respective parties.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AT, I dont want to get into a discussion of whether it is focused only on the Sabbath or more comprehensive for all the commandments as yet until I get all the research, so give me a chance then we can look at it together and see how God through his Holy Spirit guides us in understanding. This is much more extensive, so give me a bit (a day) while I bring the materials together.:groupray:

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
AT, I dont want to get into a discussion of whether it is focused only on the Sabbath or more comprehensive for all the commandments as yet until I get all the research, so give me a chance then we can look at it together and see how God through his Holy Spirit guides us in understanding. This is much more extensive, so give me a bit (a day) while I bring the materials together.:groupray:

redd...ok, but I,ve heard all of it a thousand times. After all, I've been in the Adventist organization about 20 years. I use to believe all of it till I stop reading the bible through the churches understanding.

AT:)

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

DL, do you know if these were the exact words of the source? If so, then - wow. Talk about word-for-word accuracy in the Daniel, huh.

Jon

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My brothers, I am not pushing any position, I am just the messenger as I am learning doctrine by doctrine..........

The Bible has many places were it shows that people are marked to signify sin or show who they follow, so it has precedence:

Job10:14 -If I sin, then You mark me, And will not acquit me of my iniquity.

So here Job is saying we are marked by Yahweh if we sin.

We read in Ps 37:37 -Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright; For the future of that man is peace.

Here we see the blameless and upright man is also marked.

Next in Eze 9:4 -and the Lord said to him, 'Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it.'

Again a mark on the forehead by Yahweh who morn over the evil being done.

The following are verses that refer to a seal of God.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

2 Cor 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Note that the previous verses seem to indicate a spiritual seal, not a physical seal. The following verses seem to be more of a physical seal

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The seal of a king gives his name, shows or declares his claim to authority, and thirdly, the region of his rule. Henry VIII, King of Britain, Wales and Scotland for example. How is the seal used or what is the purpose of a King's seal:

Dan 6:15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.
Dan 6:16 Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee.
Dan 6:17 And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.
So the seal of the King is a statement that his decree is not to be changed, not to be changed by anyone.

Rom 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Note that the sign of circumcision is also a seal of righteousness. A sign and a seal are synonymous.

Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Neh 9:38 And because of all this we make a sure covenant, and write it; and our princes, Levites, and priests, seal unto it.
Neh 10:29 They clave to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;

2 Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

To depart from iniquity is to keep God's law. The disciples of God, those who call on the name of Christ, are sealed with His law.

Ezek 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Ezek 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

So the law seals you and the sabbath is a sign of God, or His seal, representing His authority as Creator. So you can see where this is going, God shows his seal of his authority in his commandments especially with the declaration of his name, his claim to authority, and the region of his rule in the following.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Notice that we can find the seal of God in verse 11.
The name given: the Lord
His title: Creator
His domain: heaven and earth to include all inhabitants

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him to shew His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John, who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein; for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:1-3

These first verses set the scene for the book of Revelation. The word "Revelation" or "Apocalypse" means to reveal and the book of Revelation is meant to reveal vital issues to the New Testament Church and the end-time church in particular.

The notion that the book of Revelation is a sealed book or one not intended for man to understand goes against that. Moreover, it must be understood the book is written "to show His servants" those things which they needed to know in order to come to terms with events as they would unfold. To understand the book of Revelation therefore requires an intimate knowledge of God and His word as well as the promised guidance by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit was promised to those who obey God (Acts 5:32) and He would lead God's people into all truth. (John 16:13). Now here are verses that refer to the mark of the beast and his characteristics:

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Rev 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worship the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

So both the Beast and its Image are worshiped.
Notice how many times worship is mentioned in connection with the Mark of the Beast so it has importance.

We glorify and worship God in following his commandments and specifically worship is embodied in the forth. So Gods seal of authority are his commandments or law, the Mark of the Beast shows his authority with false laws and times he has changed, the verses also make clear he is worshiped and that those who follow him will receive his mark.

Now here is the real bad part that I never thought I would find, this is from a BAPTIST website, not only are Gods seal of authority the commandments set aside but then they go the next step and to justify ignoring the Gods truths destroy the Sabbath:

"According to the Bible, Christians do not have to keep the Sabbath, neither on Saturday nor on Sunday; for them every day is holy. Early Christians met, preached and worshipped daily. Sunday is not the Christian Sabbath, but it has a special meaning to believers (Acts 20:7; 1Cor. 16:2; etc.), since Jesus Christ rose from the dead on Sunday (Matt. 28:1; Mark 16:2.9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1), and the first out-pouring of the Holy Ghost was on Pentecost, Sunday (Acts 2:1,4). So Christians set aside Sunday as a day of rest and worship in honor of the resurrection."

The Beast is clearly identified as political and religious power who will have a SIGN; an identifying label, a MARK, which it will seek to impose on all who will submit to its will. It will not be a "secret" sign, or mark, but has to be obvious, outward, easily recognized sign, which the whole system wears to show its allegiance!

The "little horn" of Daniel 7:8, which "has a mouth speaking great things," and which will "think to change TIMES and LAWS" is the key so you must look down through the centuries, to see what has changed Gods commandments! Have God's laws been changed; has anyone said to worship man in the place of God, or made and worshiped idols even though God says not to, or taken Gods name and blasphemed it, or abolished His divinely-appointed Sabbath and replaced his holy days with pagan festivals.

So that is why Adventist associated this power with SUN worship; and point to the change of God's weekly Sabbaths for SUNDAY, the day of the sun, and putting the pagan festivals upon millions of unsuspecting believers with for holidays of Ishtar and the "Saturnalia" . For centuries, Christians were brutally martyred; tortured, burnt alive, killed for refusing to accept the changes to the commandments, and clinging, instead, to God's holy Sabbath, and His truth.

There were wars against them or they were relentlessly hunted down and slain if they tried to follow Gods laws! This persecution had to do with TIMES and LAWS! The whole reason for them being put upon would be for observing the Gods laws or his seal of authority, the Mark of the Beast would be its false edicts which was put up against them by DECREE, backed up by force of arms, enforced the changing of "times and laws" on those who, fearful of their very lives, would submit!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Next we have to connect all the changes or introduction of false "times" such as the worship of festivals that are not scriptural or from God but from another source.

Listen to what God says in Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, And I do not savor your sacred assemblies. 22 Though you offer Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them, Nor will I regard your fattened peace offerings. 23 Take away from Me the noise of your songs, For I will not hear the melody of your stringed instruments. 24 But let justice run down like water, And righteousness like a mighty stream. 25 Did you offer Me sacrifices and offerings In the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel? 26 You also carried Sikkuth your king And Chiun, your idols, The star of your gods, Which you made for yourselves. 27 Therefore I will send you into captivity beyond Damascus, Says the Lord, whose name is the God of hosts.

Do a study on Sikkuth and Chiun. They are Molech and Ishtar, and Israel was warned about worshiping these Babylonian gods of the false eastern pagan religions. Thus we can see the festival days of paganism creeping in and being substituted for what God had given them to celebrate and worship HIM........

The introduction of Pagan holidays into the church began about the fourth century A.D. when the Roman Emperor Constantine, in order to consolidate his rule, incorporated the Pagan holidays and festivals into the church ritual - attracting the Pagans, but he gave the holidays and festivals new "Christian" names and identities - Easter is a festival in honor of the goddess of Ishtar (from thence the name). In order to introduce the feast of Easter into the calendar, the dates were changed by Dionysius, so that Easter was celebrated a month later than the original Jewish Pasch feast. This was to bring it in line with the ancient eastern festival dates for this feast, and the new date for Easter was then introduced by force. On this day, the ancients lit fires and baked cakes to the queen of heaven with the ancient eastern religions even-sided cross in a circle representing the sun as decoration on these round cakes. To this day, the hot cross bun is an Easter delicacy. The egg is also a pagan symbol representing rebirth, and decorated eggs were traditionally eaten on this feast day. Ancient Israel was constantly warned against these pagan day from the ancient Babylonian religion. In Jeremiah 7:18, we read:
The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough to make cakes to the queen of heaven; and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.

The ecclesiastical historian, Socrates, attributes the introduction of the festival of Easter into the church to the perpetuation of an old usage, 'just as many other customs have been established.' (Hist. Eccl. V. 22)
The Easter fire is lit on top of mountains...this is a custom of pagan origin.

So the changing of Gods days which he set aside for worship to him is evident in the making of "Holy Days" the festival days of the another origin which is not of God...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

DL, do you know if these were the exact words of the source? If so, then - wow. Talk about word-for-word accuracy in the Daniel, huh.

Jon

The exact wording:

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ.
The Pope has authority and has often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." ---Lucius Ferraris, Ecclesiastical Dictionary, Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop, 1755.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
The issue today is no longer: Which day do Christian observe? But, Do they observe any day at all? By their lifestyle most Christians show that they are not interested in a HOLY DAY, whether it be Saturday or Sunday, but in HOLIDAYS. This can help us understand why the Sabbath is going to be such a controversial, testing truth in the final showdown, simply because it summons people to give priority to God by consecrating their time to Him on the seventh-day. And people are very touchy about their time. They want to spend their time seeking for pleasure and profit, not for the presence and peace of God in their lives.

I can appreciate your stance on this however you need to realize how fast things and priorities can change. Remember how things were just after 9-11? There were more folks going to church on Sunday right after this event happened than ever before in history. What was it about this bombing that caused that? Think about it and then think about a 9-11 type scenario world wide when the winds of strife really get turned loose. The mark of the beast will come on the heels of some of the darkest days of earth's history. Days as we have never seen before. It will actually make sense when it happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is from the lesson:
"Revelation 13 indicates that the lamblike beast will have the leading role in the final crisis. This world power will establish a global system in an attempt to control the beliefs of people. This system will mirror medieval Christianity under papal control.

Read Revelation 13:16, 17 along with Deuteronomy 6:4–8. What does putting the mark on the right hand or the forehead have to do with the commandments of God?

People of all social classes will be pressured to receive the mark of the beast on their right hands or their foreheads. Just as the seal in the forehead identifies those whom God regards as His (Rev. 7:3, 4; Rev. 14:1), so the mark of the beast identifies the worshipers of the beast.

The mark of the beast is not a visible sign of any kind. Its placement on the right hand or on the forehead counterfeits the instruction that Moses gave the Israelites to bind God’s law as a sign upon their hands or their foreheads (Deut. 6:8). The right hand has to do with behavior, while the forehead has to do with the mind or mental agreement. Some will choose to receive the mark of the beast to escape the threat of death, while others will be fully committed mentally and spiritually to this apostate system of worship.

The central issues in the final crisis will be worship and obedience to God in keeping His commandments (Rev. 14:12). The Sabbath commandment, in particular, will be the test of faithfulness and obedience to God. As the Sabbath is the distinctive sign of the obedience of God’s faithful people (Ezek. 20:12, 20), so the mark of the beast is the sign of allegiance to the beast.

The mark of the beast involves the substitution of a human commandment for God’s commandment. The greatest evidence of this fact is the humanly established institution of Sunday (see Dan. 7:25) as the day of worship instead of the seventh-day Sabbath, the day mandated in Scripture by our Creator. The attempt to change the sign of God’s authority to another day is an attempt to usurp the role and power of God Himself. “The mark of the beast is the papal sabbath… . When the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, … then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast.”—Ellen G. White, Evangelism, pp. 234, 235.

Revelation 13:18 (NKJV) says: “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.” Who is this man? Paul describes him as “the man of sin” (2 Thess. 2:3). This designation points to the papal power symbolized by the sea beast, whose blasphemous name on its heads points to the divine title it claims for itself, supposedly standing in the place of the Son of God on earth....

There is a marked contrast between those who bear the seal of God and those who worship the beast and his image. The Lord’s faithful servants will receive the bitterest persecution from false teachers, who will not hear the word of God, and who prepare stumbling blocks to put in the way of those who would hear. But God’s people are not to fear. Satan cannot go beyond his limit. The Lord will be the defense of His people. He regards the injury done to His servants for the truth’s sake as done to Himself. When the last decision has been made, when all have taken sides, either for Christ and the commandments or for the great apostate, God will arise in His power, and the mouths of those who have blasphemed against Him will be forever stopped. Every opposing power will receive its punishment.—Maranatha, p. 191."The Mark of the Beast - Sabbath School

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The exact wording:

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ.
The Pope has authority and has often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." ---Lucius Ferraris, Ecclesiastical Dictionary, Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop, 1755.

that is pretty interesting -- I have not seen that before.

But now that you have me looking for it...

has anyone seen this web site before? are the quotes posted there legit??

The King of This World - Lines & Precepts

(Please don't say they "are legit" just because you have something against the RCC, and don't say they are "not legit" just because you don't allow anything non-flattering to exist about the RCC. I simply want to know the actual facts about what is posted there.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BibleDisciple

Aug 30, 2020
Charlotte
✟10,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Am I the only person who sees a connection with these verses:

Rev 14:9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying in a loud voice, "Whoever worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or his hand

and

Exo 13:9 It is to be a sign for you on your hand and a reminder on your forehead,
Deu 6:8 Tie them as reminders on your forearm, bind them on your forehead,

The time is coming when you will either have God's law as a mark on your hand and forehead, or you have Satan's. I don't think it's a literal mark, like the emails I get that talk about a computer chip implant that will be the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now here is SOP on the issue..
"The living righteous will receive the seal of God prior to the close of probation.75Selected Messages 1:66.

The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation.... The mark of the beast is the opposite of this—the observance of the first day of the week.76Testimonies for the Church 8:117.

Sundaykeeping is not yet the mark of the beast, and will not be until the decree goes forth causing men to worship this idol sabbath. The time will come when this day will be the test, but that time has not come yet.77SDA Bible Commentary 7:977.

No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast.78Evangelism, 234, 235.

If the light of truth has been presented to you, revealing the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and showing that there is no foundation in the Word of God for Sunday observance, and yet you still cling to the false sabbath, refusing to keep holy the Sabbath which God calls “my holy day,” you receive the mark of the beast. When does this take place? When you obey the decree that commands you to cease from labor on Sunday and worship God, while you know that there is not a word in the Bible showing Sunday to be other than a common working day, you consent to receive the mark of the beast, and refuse the seal of God.79Evangelism, 235."

Upvote 0