Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
That's what they tell you and put on a good show when you are around....:) LOL.

Lol. :D No, it's for real, they LOVE them. Trust me if you knew my grandmas it would be impossible to not love them, they're the best ever. My mom used up all her vacation time to take care of her MIL when she broke her hip.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
George W. Bush was included in the "Best Known Leaders of Present Day Christianity" at 16%, this was only second to the Pope at 13%, and above Jesus (9%)! What's even more astounding then that is that when asked those inside of the church, The President still ranked about Jesus.

That' because a lot of people don't know Who Jesus is. A Lutheran pastor has a ministry on You Tube for some of the younger somethings:

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I presume you read the OP and the claim that numerous young Christians are turning to witchcraft. that is what we are supposed to be discussing. To me the claim isn't valid.
The claim isn't valid?

If there are wiccans and satanists then the claim is valid

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tracking brother! You hold church in the abode in your profile pic?

I could!! But I don't. City boy here...

Best i did, I stayed overnight in Tian Shan mountains in these қазақ үй - "Kazakh houses" as we call yurts. Hicking trips.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought the post was self-explanatory. It's lulzy. It's a nonsensical worry. I'm a teen & I've never heard of anyone my age say anything ever about witchcraft, the only junk I've heard about it ever is from people on this forum.
Why are you here?
Do you believe there are spirits and a spiritual realm
And a spiritual battle going on?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol. :D No, it's for real, they LOVE them. Trust me if you knew my grandmas it would be impossible to not love them, they're the best ever. My mom used up all her vacation time to take care of her MIL when she broke her hip.
Your parents are truly after the Heart of Christ having such a good relationship with in-laws. Frankly, I joke but my father-in-law was a great man and loved him like my own dad. My mother-in-law is wonderful as well.

My father-in-law used to joke to me over the phone. "He Aud is coming for a visit to Texas. The airline ticket price was ridiculous! I told her she can ride her broom and save money!"

LOL he was a hoot.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Why are you here?
Do you believe there are spirits and a spiritual realm
And a spiritual battle going on?

Here as in where? This thread or this forum? This thread bc the thread title caught my attn. This forum bc I have friends here & I like fellowship with Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here as in where? This thread or this forum? This thread bc the thread title caught my attn. This forum bc I have friends here & I like fellowship with Christians.
Do you believe that there is a spiritual realm?

Do you believe that there are many doors but

ONLY ONE "DOOR" unto GOD?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The claim isn't valid? If there are wiccans and satanists then the claim is valid

Like many others in this thread, I'm not seeing a rapidly growing number of Wiccans or Satanists. I have seen a decline in church attendance among younger people, but nothing tells me that those people are becoming witches.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Full Title: Many Young Adults Are Turning To Witchcraft As A Way To Rebel Against Their Conservative Christian Upbringings

The Washington Standard
March 14th 2017

Young adults in America are far less likely to identify themselves as “Christians” than previous generations of Americans, but that does not mean that they have given up on searching for spiritual meaning in their lives. According to Wikipedia, one very popular form of witchcraft known as Wicca has been growing at a rate of more than 100 percent annually in recent years, and this has been happening at a time when Christianity has been in decline in the United States. Of course other pagan and occult groups have been exploding in popularity as well, and as you will see below, one of the primary reasons for this is because many young adults are seeking ways to rebel against their conservative Christian upbringings.

I have written much about how young adults in this country are far more politically liberal than their parents and grandparents, and this enormous cultural shift in values has a spiritual dimension to it as well.

A recent Barna Group study found that only 4 percent of Americans aged 18 to 29 have a Biblical worldview.

Only 4 percent.

The shocking truth is that the values of most Millennials much more easily fit into pagan spirituality than they do into most evangelical Christian churches.
If you want to sleep around with as many people as possible, that is okay in witchcraft. If you want to take drugs and get high every day, that is okay in witchcraft. If you want to be a radical pro-abortion feminist, that is okay in witchcraft. If you want to be a gay transsexual exhibitionist, that is okay in witchcraft.

More at link:

Many Young Adults Are Turning To Witchcraft As A Way To Rebel Against Their Conservative Christian Upbringings - The Washington Standard

Poster comment: Perhaps this is why see such a surge in troubled youth on our prayer walls and Exploring Christianity.
Many young people of each generation have gone astray into hedonistic lifestyles. Jesus told about a prodigal son who was given his share of the family estate early and went to another region and wasted his wealth on wild living. After spending his money with prostitutes he had to go back and beg for a job from his dad. He no longer had funds to experiment with lavish sin. Since witchcraft is superstition and seeking fictitious powers and magic spells, it will yield nothing.

Some young people are preparing themselves to do useful things with their lives. Some will become doctors, engineers, teachers and such. Not everyone can so easily denounce the work Christ did during his life on earth.

In the 1960's some of the youth turned to sex, drugs, rock and roll. Some of them remained lost a long time and died from the excesses of sinful living not knowing success. Others like the prodigal son sought to better themselves through seeking honest employment.

Luke 15:11-32 The Prodigal (Wasteful) Son

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusIsMyTicket

Mar 8, 2017
Idaho
✟19,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the way we have watered down the Gospel and tried to adapt it to culture and society. I'm sure is has nothing to do with all the sermons that are about making money and being successful. I'm sure it has nothing to do with trying to attract people with attractions instead of feeding the sheep. I'm sure it ironically has nothing to with the massive upscale in youth group movements that try to promote sports and clubs instead of instruction. It has to be a problem with the youth and not the way we've strayed from teaching morals, because we don't want to offend someone.

If we aren't feeding them with the truth they will eat somewhere else, after their church softball game.
this is basically why I stoppd going to my church. I came to learn of God and I didn't get much, and the good Priest we did have was sent to another state.

Upvote 0