Manitoba Bus Incident. (Somewhat graphic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
i dunno....i mean, if he was eating his victim motivated out of anger and rage, its possible to say he did know what he was doing was indeed wrong, and the reason he ate his victim was bc knew it was wrong, and what better way to strike fear into the public other than decapitation then cannibalization?

They also said he was taunting police.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anger and rage are not a means to have oneself determined as being not criminally responsible.

A complete psychotic break down would be a means.

If you commit a criminal act, you should always be held criminally responsible. Then people who are sane can't use the insanity plea as a defense.

Upvote 0

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If you commit a criminal act, you should always be held criminally responsible. Then people who are sane can't use the insanity plea as a defense.

Insanity defense pretty much doesn't work in Canada....not sure how successful it is in the States.

I'll remind you jcook, you'd immediately tell a friend or family member who, regardless of their state of mind and they committed a murder...

" They should kill you, you sick bastard."

Why even have a trial? Who cares about a justice system, why not just roaming bands of vigilantes screaming " death to the sick bastards!" :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm. interesting. I just think its safe to say he knew that he was wrong to kill someone.

....and you'd be wrong if you thought that. I guess you've never heard of psychosis or schizophrenia or many other mental illnesses that literally can take over the conscious thought process of a human mind.

But you don't believe in that mumbo jumbo now do you! :D

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Insanity defense pretty much doesn't work in Canada....not sure how successful it is in the States.

I'll remind you jcook, you'd immediately tell a friend or family member who, regardless of their state of mind and they committed a murder...

" They should kill you, you sick bastard."

Why even have a trial? Who cares about a justice system, why not just roaming bands of vigilantes screaming " death to the sick bastards!" :thumbsup:

I think 30+ witnesses of a man decapitating an innocent passenger while he's sleeping on the bus and then eating his flesh is a pretty open-shut case that doesn't need a jury. There is NO mystery as to his guilt. You tell me to put myself in the shoes of someone related to the killer, I ask you to put yourself in the shoes of somebody related to the victim, how would you feel if he was let off the hook?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
good point; now, if his defense can prove that he indeed think that he was slaying a dragon(innocent victim) with a holy sword of justice(rusty butcher knife) that was jeopardizing the entire safety of the bus as a whole(who were running away), then he might have a shot at the insanity defense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I think 30+ witnesses of a man decapitating an innocent passenger while he's sleeping on the bus and then eating his flesh is a pretty open-shut case that doesn't need a jury. There is NO mystery as to his guilt. You tell me to put myself in the shoes of someone related to the killer, I ask you to put yourself in the shoes of somebody related to the victim, how would you feel if he was let off the hook?

I'm talking about due process.

Your talking about " killing the sick bastard."

You figure out the difference.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
also, i dunno if taunting police is a good indicator of his insanity.

I do that; im not crazy, although, I do find that I can run amazingly well when being chased by officers with pepper spray. heh.

As a Cop I find I can run amazingly fast when I chase somebody with a baton. :p

Seeker, he does deserve due process, I'm just saying what I think his justified punishment should be. I'm not saying they should have threw him against the bus and shot the man in the head, however justified that would have been. Just that he deserves the death penalty, and that state of mind does not EVER excuse you from cold blooded murder.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do agree with seeker that due process is important to every case( and in many instances, cops are the ones who screw up that due process and thus, are responsible for the criminal getting away scott free), but I also agree with cook that considering the evidence, it'd be hard pressed to convince anyone that the dude didn't know he was committing an atrocious act of barbarism.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Living in Canada, we are peaceful. My dad put it best, "I didn't think these thing happened here." No one did! I felt so safe in country, now what?

No country, no matter what its people may believe, is completely safe from violence or death. There are disturbed people in our world everywhere, and we can't always make society safe from them. According to Hindu philosophy, the moment you are born you begin to die; sometimes your life ends sooner than others. The best thing to do is to live life without fear or worry about the dangers. Live life to better the world.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a Cop I find I can run amazingly fast when I chase somebody with a baton. :p

Dang pot smokers ruining our nation! beat em all into the ground! heh.

no, really, its kinda scary to hear a cop proudly announcing he takes pleasure in beating one with a deadly weapon.

Why is it, all of our military and law enforcement officials have this fetish with harming people with weapons?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Why is it, all of our military and law enforcement officials have this fetish with harming people with weapons?

In fairness to police officers ( Officers who even respond to the 911 calls from people who hate them, I like to remind people that those that hate cops the most, are the ones that need them the most)... you know as well as I do that the vast majority of police officers do not enjoy beating people.

Remember, Cops are brothers, sisters, neighbours, moms and dads, sons, daughters....community members. So please, don't paint them all as goons, we know they are not.

If Jcook is a real cop, then his off colour joke insinuating that he would beat someone who mocked him, was gallows humour ( don't read into it).... and wasn't appropriate for this forum / audience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dunno; I know lots of cops, and I go drinking with them occasionally; its just funny to hear some of their stories, about how they purposfully stop minorities without a reason other than "Suspicion".

I'm sorry, forgive me; just where i come from, the cops ARE the meth dealers.

Upvote 0

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I also happen to know allot of cops, I think they are doing a thankless job and they are the only people I really trust.

It's amazing all the calls they receive from people who despise them...yet they keep calling them for help. The cops, knowing that they are despised by these people, keep showing up and helping them. Talk about dedication, talk about community service, talk about a thankless job and your talking about a cop.

So, I guess we come from different sides of the world. I think cops in Canada are great and I would imagine that the majority of cops in the U.S. are the same.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
nah, I'm pretty sure the cops in Canada are wayyy cooler.

Here, they'll throw you in jail for life if you are caught with an ounce of crack cocaine. But fi you're white, and are involved with white-collar crime, you can be a county judge and embezzle a hundred thousand dollars and they just make you resign from your job if they catch you. Its literally sick and twisted how some people get away with everything, and how less fortunate folks get thrown into the clink.

The justice system here in the US is bogus. If you disagree with a cop, while they try to cuff you, they can pepper spray you legally even if you show no sign of physical resistance. Freedom of speech my butt.

the majority of cops are cool; but when their word is ALWAYS better than mine in a court of law, theres something wrong with that.

but, i digress; i didnt mean any amount of disrespect, or to derail this thread.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dang pot smokers ruining our nation! beat em all into the ground! heh.

no, really, its kinda scary to hear a cop proudly announcing he takes pleasure in beating one with a deadly weapon.

Well, it's a little different when you're military police, or in my case, Security Forces, same thing different name basically. I get very angry whenever there's crime, because it's on a military base, and we should know better. Plus we can get away with more for exactly that reason, people should know better.

And really Seeker, get a grip. It's just taking someone out at the legs when they run from the law. No need to overreact.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.