Manitoba Bus Incident. (Somewhat graphic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol hit em in the knee caps!

just remember, some laws are unjust(like prohibition of cannabis), and its your job as a law enforcement officer to protect people who are victims of those unjust laws.

No, it's my job to bust them!

Never actually busted someone for marijuana use though. Triple C, Cocaine, Heroine, that stuff happens. But for some reason never pot.

Enforcing the law is actually relatively easy on a military base as most service members are the responsible type, or the clever sneaky type who don't do anything stupid. So things are pretty quiet usually, UCMJ also makes all but the most serious and complicated offenses pretty easy to expedite and determine the punishment. Instead of jailtime most things that could be compared to misdemeanors result in having some of your pay docked or just being on base restriction, or god forbid losing stripes.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
never busted a guy for pot? I comend you!

and I disagree; you should protect people who are the victims of UNJUST laws; you shouldt be the law's lapdog, doin everything it tells you to do; you should criticise, challenge, and nurture the law as an ever changing and evolving thing, never static, but always dynamic.

That will make you a better cop; you get to use your discretion at more valuable turning points.

think about it; if all the cops just pulled over people for seatbelt violations all the time, and just busted folks for blunts and joints, real crime would be set to flourish.

It just bugs me how blue collar crime gets more time than white collar, yet, white collar crime can have way more damages in a wholistic way.

heres something interesting.

Judge resigns, citing health, investigation. "Montgomery County District Judge Rawley Judd Dent resigned the position he held for 11 years, citing health reasons but also acknowledging an investigation by the state commission that oversees judicial conduct...In [a] stipulation [filed with the commission] he acknowledged unspecified violations of the state Code of Judicial Conduct and agreed to repay any law library funds the Montgomery County Commission finds he owes...Dent's attorney, William Kelly, of Independence, said his client in recent months had added material to the law library's computer after the local contractor doing the work left. He said Dent did the work after hours and billed the library trustees for his time. 'It created an appearance of impropriety because the trustees weren't looking at each individual statement he would submit,' Kelly said...." More (Wichita Eagle 02.16.2006).

He didn't get any jail time, but he embezzled almost a hundred thousand dollars from the community! Yet, folks get thrown into the clink for their entire lives for crack cocaine.

"the united snakes of america. Land of the theif and home of the slave."

Can ya at least feel where I'm comin from?

....and what the heck is triple c? dang kids these days....

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not saying I've never busted someone for pot because I turn a blind eye to it, I'm saying that I've never caught anyone with it. I would take them in if I did catch them. We drug test randomly anyway so drugs aren't terribly prevalent.

I consider most traffic violations frivilous, usually unless someone is really reckless I'll pull them over if they are overly fast and remind them to take it easy. Now if you're a repeat offender, then we have problems.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not saying I've never busted someone for pot because I turn a blind eye to it, I'm saying that I've never caught anyone with it. I would take them in if I did catch them. We drug test randomly anyway so drugs aren't terribly prevalent.

Well, you shouldnt drag em in for pot; its not as bad as your superiors have told you.

Its gonna be decriminalized/legalized anyway; try not to waste too much time busting folks for it; too much paper work anyway, and it clogs up the judicial system.

It just sucks how rich white folk can get away with anything, but if I'm black, and smoking a blunt, I can be thrown into jail for a year, and be fined thousands of dollars.

Yet if I am Judge Rawley Dent, I can embezzle $100,000, and only be forced to resign.

Its your job to protect people from injustice bc no one else is going to.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, you shouldnt drag em in for pot; its not as bad as your superiors have told you.

Its gonna be decriminalized/legalized anyway; try not to waste too much time busting folks for it; too much paper work anyway, and it clogs up the judicial system.

It just sucks how rich white folk can get away with anything, but if I'm black, and smoking a blunt, I can be thrown into jail for a year, and be fined thousands of dollars.

Yet if I am Judge Rawley Dent, I can embezzle $100,000, and only be forced to resign.

Its your job to protect people from injustice bc no one else is going to.

It's not my job to interpret the law, only to enforce what the law is. Deciding to enforce the laws I like and not enforce the ones I don't would make me a bad cop. My opinion on marijuana is that it's something potheads COULD easily live without, so they shouldn't complain so much about it being illegal, even if it was legal it wouldn't be legal for military members to use in the first place, which I am fine with.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i dunno....i mean, if he was eating his victim motivated out of anger and rage, its possible to say he did know what he was doing was indeed wrong, and the reason he ate his victim was bc knew it was wrong, and what better way to strike fear into the public other than decapitation then cannibalization?

EXACTLY!

Now what remains to be seen who he has power over :o

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not my job to interpret the law, only to enforce what the law is. Deciding to enforce the laws I like and not enforce the ones I don't would make me a bad cop. My opinion on marijuana is that it's something potheads COULD easily live without, so they shouldn't complain so much about it being illegal, even if it was legal it wouldn't be legal for military members to use in the first place, which I am fine with.

your perogative is fine as long as it doesn't incarcerate good honest people

heh. The military gave people drugs all the time in the war in vietnam; pretty sure that kinda stuff still lingers in iraq and afghanistan. But who'm to judge, eh?

ive derailed this train enough i suppose.....anyway...back to the decapitation bus....

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
where is the "fair hearing" for the mother of that child ? if that child is going to ruin that mothers life, are you saying its better that the child is still born ? that child could be born to a mother that can barely provide for herself let alone a new born child. thats not fair on anyone, the mother, the father, the child and even the tax payer. That child could lead to the death of that mother during birth, are you telling me its better to bring that baby into the world without a mother ? is it better for that mother to die rather than the child ?

THe mother has already abused her free will by having sex with other men knowing well that she could get pregnant. A baby on the other hand has done absolutely nothing to anybody, it has commited no actions against the mother except existing, which the mother caused herself, not the baby. Its not like the baby forced itself in her womb, by her own actions she caused the baby to form.

You hear of adoption maybe?

THis is why atheists have such an awful moral system, they proceed to defend a mass murderer with all their power to keep them alive but do in all their power to kill the unborn who hasn't even commited a crime. If that isn't hypocrisy in its greatest I don't know what is.

yeah.. the law system isnt corrupt in any way. sure everyone gets a fair hearing... ummm yeah! of course. forgot about the wonders of the infallible justice system *rolls eyes*

ever heard of people lying in court ??

ever hear of perjury? Most people know what perjury entails and will not commit it due to the consequences. If a person is commiting perjury most the time they will get caught. Most people will not commit perjury unless someone is paying them a great amount of money to under the table or extortion. However most courts can find out if extortion is happening. And most killers do not have that kinda money where they are able to twist the justice system like OJ Simpson.

i am comparing the principals, the idea that you can tell someone to not do something and then turn around and do the same thing to someone else.. even worse that very same person you have told it is sooo wrong.

Principles? are you kidding me? Don't even talk to me about principles when you yourself base everything on moral relativism. Again if your defending abortion then don't even bring up principles on what is right and wrong.

i was simply putting your logic into a scenario that you might be able to understand from personal experience. not many people have the first hand experience with murders, i was simply putting forth your logic in a more "down to earth" problem.

Please. Its a horrid analogy. Most children are spanked and do not turn into murderers or think its ok to murder. However when they see a killer on TV they know that he is getting what he deserves just by their own God given conscious.

a person is a person. no matter what they have done, might do, colour, age and sex. That murder is still a human being, a Homo sapien... they still do all the same things as you, they read newspapers, eat dinner, lunch and they even still have to use the bathroom. That person still deserves the same amount of respect you give your boss, girlfriend/wife/husband, your children and any other person you pass on the street.

Actually no they don't do all the same things as other people. They kill, rape, torture, are sexually perverted and sadomasocistic, steal and torment the public. They prowl the streets looking for victims whenever they can. Dosen't sound like "doing all the same things as me".. Most people don't do that.

if someone was take away from society at birth, treated with the up most respect and not harmed or mistreated in any way but was told every day that it is perfectly ok to kill someone on a bus, if they were told that its the right thing to do, ok ? then they where send into a city and got on a bus and killed someone, would it be wrong ? as far as they know its perfectly normal. should they be treated like any other murderer ?

Again, another bad analogy. Most serial murderers and mass killers kill because they get some sick pleasure or power from it, it has nothing to do with exterior brainwashing. The only thing that gets close to your analogy are suicide bombers, but still many muslims know that its not right to get on a bus and kill 30 people. Its called a conscious.

do you not think a better solution to this problem... and i admit it is a very big problem. would be not to kill them but take steps to improve the justice system ? its not only murders that pass though it... you can't sentence someone to death that was involved in a robbery, they could get out and do it all over again. everyone hates being robbed just as much as they hate being killed. same goes for the rapists, arsonists and every other person that is in jail. it would kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Keeping criminals in prison is actually a hinderance to society, especially our taxes. And many continue to murder and rape while they are in jail. When they are released many end up in prison again. Read about Michael Dukakis "furlough" program and his attempt to "take steps to improve the justice system". It exactly what you are trying to describe. Problem is when they were released they killed and robbed again. Read about Willie Horton

life is full of what ifs. its the way of the world. life is not black and white. its not even different shades of gray... its a whole rainbow of colours. The human race is so diverse that everyone can't be separated into two teams. life doesn't work like that. the what ifs do matter. thats what makes the world a nice place to live in. its what makes it a less dangerous place to be. what ifs are what pushes the human race forward. what if we landed on the moon, what if i could link two computers together that are other sides of the world. the what ifs can't be ignored. if they are, life would come to a complete stand still. they need to be acknowledged and thought about, processed with the same care as the certainties

Yet you take no consideration that IF a murderer is kept alive he will kill more people in prison or if he gets out. Again if you are defending to keep murderers alive yet are justifying to kill the unborn who haven't killed anyone or commited any crime then you are gonna have a serious problem with any type of "principle system" you create yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pfft, why are you pinning abortion as a group belief and not an individual belief? As if ALL atheists are pro-abortion.

I'm pro-choice, but I'm also against letting criminals get away with murder. It is NOT our business to declare how a woman should use her body. At the same time I think the manitoba bus killer deserves the death penalty. I see no point to life in prison, I don't care if people rot for life, I don't care how much they suffer stewing in prison for decades either. They suck up tax revenue that could be better spent elsewhere on people who don't saw off the heads of the innocent.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Are you just a bot that quotes scripture?

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
THe mother has already abused her free will by having sex with other men knowing well that she could get pregnant.
So you think that pregnancy should be used as a punishment for women who have sex for reasons other than procreation?
A baby on the other hand has done absolutely nothing to anybody, it has commited no actions against the mother except existing, which the mother caused herself, not the baby.
It's taking nutrients, oxygen, and blood away from the mother's body, isn't it? Or does that not count in your opinion?
Its not like the baby forced itself in her womb, by her own actions she caused the baby to form.
No, by the woman's own actions, she had sex. She did not want a baby to form, so why should she be punished as a result of the fact that one did form?

You hear of adoption maybe?
What if the woman is addicted to drugs or alcohol and is unwilling (or unable) to go cold turkey during her pregnancy?

What if the woman has an eating disorder and wouldn't be able to provide the fetus with the necessary vitamins and nutrients in order for it to survive?

What if the woman is suicidal and is dependant upon a certain brand of anti-depressants (which she would have to go off of during pregnancy) in order to keep her from killing herself?

As you can see, adoption is not always an option. So stop pretending that it is.

THis is why atheists have such an awful moral system, they proceed to defend a mass murderer with all their power to keep them alive but do in all their power to kill the unborn who hasn't even commited a crime. If that isn't hypocrisy in its greatest I don't know what is.
Abortion isn't murder, since murder is illegal and involves malice, while abortion fits neither of those criteria. Also, do you think that killing an unthinking, unfeeling, unknowing bug is wrong? If not, then why do you think that killing an unthinking, unfeeling, unknowing first-trimester fetus is wrong? After all, there's nothing that makes a human more deserving of life than a bug is, unless you're willing to admit that you discriminate based on species, that is.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Pfft, why are you pinning abortion as a group belief and not an individual belief? As if ALL atheists are pro-abortion.

I'm pro-choice, but I'm also against letting criminals get away with murder. It is NOT our business to declare how a woman should use her body. At the same time I think the manitoba bus killer deserves the death penalty. I see no point to life in prison, I don't care if people rot for life, I don't care how much they suffer stewing in prison for decades either. They suck up tax revenue that could be better spent elsewhere on people who don't saw off the heads of the innocent.

The problem here is that we use more tax dollars executing those given the death penalty than it takes to keep the same person in prison for life. The other problem is that people are occasionally wrongly convicted and you cannot reverse the death penalty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FallenAngel3787

Don't Pick it, It will get infected!
Jul 23, 2008
UK
✟7,732.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
What is everyones problem when it comes to paying taxes....?

All you guys seem to always mention about taxes and how this effects your choices ?? how its costing the tax payer to keep people in jail etc

its just one of those thing!!!!! taxes are a part of life. you can complain as much as you like but its not going to change. so why bother.

if no one paid taxes life would be miserable. education systems would be dreadful, public safety would be nonexistent, road networks would be so bad they just become pointless and society would break down within weeks or months.

everyone pays taxes so whats the big deal ?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if no one paid taxes, we'd all have a heck of alot more money! lol

sadly, my generation wont ever even get to retire; yet, money will be sucked out of our paychecks to pay for someone's elses geriatric medical expenses, and we won't get ANY of that when social security collapses.

In a way, sometimes not paying taxes becomes a necessity for survival, if anything.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you think that pregnancy should be used as a punishment for women who have sex for reasons other than procreation?

If she is having sex then she knows she can get pregnant and is WILLING to take the risks. If she is so set on not having a child, then don't have sex. If not, then she is selfish and lustful and has no buisness even begining to talk to other people about morality, choice or the dignity of life.

It's taking nutrients, oxygen, and blood away from the mother's body, isn't it? Or does that not count in your opinion?

And should you be killed because you lessen the food surplus in this country? You contribute to pollution and waste. Should you be killed because you are a corporate leech?

No, by the woman's own actions, she had sex. She did not want a baby to form, so why should she be punished as a result of the fact that one did form?

All sex acts have the chance to end up in pregnancy. Unless she has surgury and has her tubes tied. Any other way she knows the risks and is willing to take them.

What if the woman is addicted to drugs or alcohol and is unwilling (or unable) to go cold turkey during her pregnancy?

Going cold turkey is very unsuccessful in the first place pregnant or not. For alcohol people can withdraw with benzos. And for narcotic addictions there is methadone. I know alot of pregnant women who are on withdrawl assisted programs or maintinence.
What if the woman has an eating disorder and wouldn't be able to provide the fetus with the necessary vitamins and nutrients in order for it to survive?

Then she needs to check herself into a halfway house for the safety of herself and the baby.

What if the woman is suicidal and is dependant upon a certain brand of anti-depressants (which she would have to go off of during pregnancy) in order to keep her from killing herself?

actually no she would not have to go off depressants while she is pregnant. I don't know where you got that one. A woman can take SSRIs and other certain antidepressants that is safe for the baby.

As you can see, adoption is not always an option. So stop pretending that it is.

Bad morality equals bad policy. If you consider infanticide the only other option then you have no respect for humanity and thus are in no position talking about "choice" when you yourself deny the babys choice to live. If you think the mothers choices trumps the childs choice to live then you have an unconstitutional position on human life and dignity and do not consider us all equals.

Abortion isn't murder, since murder is illegal and involves malice, while abortion fits neither of those criteria. Also, do you think that killing an unthinking, unfeeling, unknowing bug is wrong? If not, then why do you think that killing an unthinking, unfeeling, unknowing first-trimester fetus is wrong? After all, there's nothing that makes a human more deserving of life than a bug is, unless you're willing to admit that you discriminate based on species, that is

Actually in most countrys abortion is murder. So its not considered murder only in the US and other western lands. most of this world looks down on infanticide.

Abortion involves no Malice? HA! take a look at those hard nosed feminists during abortion rallys and come back and tell me that with a straight face. Calling unborn children "parasites" and maggots and "do nothing but live off me" and other comments from their angry ungodly boiling hatred mouths.. They are filled with as much Malice and Hate as a Nazi who hates Jews. Only difference is one hates unborn children and the other Hates a religious minority.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fine, CreedisChrist. Continue to think that abortion should be illegalized when it's obviously a necessity in this country, since, otherwise, women wouldn't seek it out and spend thousands of dollars on it. See where that gets you, and see where that gets all of the women in this country.

Upvote 0

FallenAngel3787

Don't Pick it, It will get infected!
Jul 23, 2008
UK
✟7,732.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Actually in most countrys abortion is murder. So its not considered murder only in the US and other western lands. most of this world looks down on infanticide.

why don't you buy a plane ticket then... it'd much easier than trying to change the law.

All sex acts have the chance to end up in pregnancy

not sure of your definition of sex act... but most peoples goes something like "an act involving sexual stimulation"... last time i looked anal sex and oral sex isn't going to get you pregnant.... or did humans evolve some strange sort of new reproductive system without telling me ??.... :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.