Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ahhh...ok.

Here's the whole story on it.

WASHINGTON — The man accused of ramming a U-Haul truck into barriers near the White House earlier this week isn't a U.S. citizen, authorities said Wednesday.

Sai Varshith Kandula, a 19-year-old from suburban St. Louis, wore an orange jail-issued jumpsuit in his brief courtroom appearance — his first since the Monday incident — when prosecutors requested pre-trial detention.

A government prosecutor told the court that Kandula is not a citizen or lawful permanent resident.

But later on Wednesday, a Department of Justice official clarified the open-court remarks and said Kandula does hold a green card for lawful, permanent U.S. residency.

The suspect's national origin wasn't mentioned in court.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Out of respect, we're supposed to affirm whatever he claims. If he claims he was trying to assassinate a sitting U.S. president, that's what he should be charged with. However, he doesn't fit the MAGA profile, so.....

"His federal charges have since been downgraded to a single count of depredation of property of the United States in excess of $1,000.

Prosecutors told the court Kandula is not a US citizen" White House U-Haul ramming suspect Sai Kandula jailed until next week, charges downgraded

Once again, the double-standard of justice is being employed.
Ah, typical NY Post "reporting".

>> The defendant potentially faces multiple charges — including threatening to inflict harm on a president, vice president or family member — as the case moves forward. <<

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ah, typical NY Post "reporting".

>> The defendant potentially faces multiple charges — including threatening to inflict harm on a president, vice president or family member — as the case moves forward. <<

Yep, accurate and to the point. Just the way it should be.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't expect that to change. Even when a suspect writes an entire manifesto detailing their motivations, it often gets swept under the rug if it doesn't fit a certain narrative.
Uh huh...

Watch from the beginning to 2:30 on this video. This is what some people are referring to as rioting. Looks more like tourists to me, but I guess they didn't "riot correctly" like those of BLM did.

One person supposedly wearing a gas mask while standing off to the side while other people peacefully tour the building suddenly makes everyone guilty of insurrection? Then I guess your argument here is that if anyone riots or causes any amount of violence or damage, then the peaceful protesters or tourists are all guilty of what even a single rioter does. Is that the narrative you are attempting to construct?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Uh huh...

You seem to have linked to the wrong items to support your "uh huh" assertion.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep, accurate and to the point. Just the way it should be.
No. it was not accurate. He still faces indictment on the other charges. The destruction of property is an easy case to build. His intentions towards President Biden are a little more complex. You know, the way Donald has yet to be charged for his illegal retention of documents?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You seem to have linked to the wrong items to support your "uh huh" assertion.
No, I did not. I linked to a "narrative" that some continue to repeat despite hundreds of people being charged for violent attacks on the Capitol, seditious conspiracy and other crimes.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. it was not accurate. He still faces indictment on the other charges. The destruction of property is an easy case to build. His intentions towards President Biden are a little more complex.

"A Missouri man who crashed a rented U-Haul truck into security barriers near the White House on Monday told federal agents his goal was to “seize power” and “kill the president,” according to court records. Box truck driver said he wanted to ‘seize power,’ ‘kill the president’: court records
His intentions seem rather straightforward, unless the "complex" part comes from what he would do with that power once he gained it.

You know, the way Donald has yet to be charged for his illegal retention of documents?

Which is not the topic here.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I did not. I linked to a "narrative" that some continue to repeat despite hundreds of people being charged for violent attacks on the Capitol, seditious conspiracy and other crimes.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't expect that to change. Even when a suspect writes an entire manifesto detailing their motivations, it often gets swept under the rug if it doesn't fit a certain narrative.

What manifesto do you know about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"A Missouri man who crashed a rented U-Haul truck into security barriers near the White House on Monday told federal agents his goal was to “seize power” and “kill the president,” according to court records. Box truck driver said he wanted to ‘seize power,’ ‘kill the president’: court records
His intentions seem rather straightforward, unless the "complex" part comes from what he would do with that power once he gained it.
I didn't realize that federal charges were based on a sentence or two in a news article.
No, I'm illustrating why criminals like Donald and Mr. Kandula might not be charged for everything when they're first contacted by law enforcement.
You were the one who brought up narratives.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have a feeling it's a reference to the "trans" shooters manifesto in Tennessee.

The inability of posters to follow the topic of the thread is quite remarkable. Only matched by an ability to read things between lines that aren't there. It must be CCPC.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,823.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I really do not understand the point of this thread. That this guy was a nut job? He was a "Nazi?" He was somehow involved in Jan 6? He was a Trump supporter?

I think it's terrible that some nut job decides he wants to kill the president and take over the government. I think we all agree with this. It's newsworthy anytime someone plota or tries to take out a president.

It's obvious he was crazy imo. He should be prosecuted. I mean who drives an empty Uhaul truck except an apparently new Nazi flag into a couple of poles outside the white house thinking that it's somehow going to kill the president and he's going to become a dictator. Pure mental illness.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...more info based on the charging document:

Kandula got out of the truck and removed a red and white flag with a Nazi swastika from a backpack he was carrying, according to the charging documents.

He also told authorities he bought the flag because “Nazis have a great history” and he admired their “authoritarian nature, Eugenics, and their one world order,” according to the charging documents. He called Adolf Hitler “a strong leader” and said he would “hurt anyone that would stand in my way,” the documents state.

A former high school peer was surprised by Kandula's actions (doesn't fit the profile of a mentally ill or socially isolated person):

Barfield, who ran on the track team with Kandula at Marquette High School in Chesterfield, Mo., wrote in a series of Facebook messages to The Washington Post that he had difficultly reconciling the actions Kandula is accused of taking with the person he knew. Barfield wrote Kandula kept to himself and “wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Barfield was particularly surprised by the alleged threat to kill the president. Barfield wrote that Kandula liked to wear a surgical mask with Biden’s name on it during the pandemic because it would get a reaction from people at Marquette, which Barfield described as conservative.
Barfield and Kandula had an introduction to computers class together, and they had discussed pursuing careers in computer engineering. Barfield wrote he never heard Kandula espouse any support for Nazis and he didn’t appear to struggle with mental illness. Kandula had “plenty” of friends in high school, Barfield wrote.

Kandula graduated from Marquette in 2022, school officials said. He also played on the tennis team and was part of student council. His family did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't realize that federal charges were based on a sentence or two in a news article.
Did you realize that those sentences are reports of what theyguy said and did? (Unless you believe The Hill just makes stuff up).

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,823.00
Faith
Pentecostal
...more info based on the charging document:

Kandula got out of the truck and removed a red and white flag with a Nazi swastika from a backpack he was carrying, according to the charging documents.

He also told authorities he bought the flag because “Nazis have a great history” and he admired their “authoritarian nature, Eugenics, and their one world order,” according to the charging documents. He called Adolf Hitler “a strong leader” and said he would “hurt anyone that would stand in my way,” the documents state.

A former high school peer was surprised by Kandula's actions (doesn't fit the profile of a mentally ill or socially isolated person):

Barfield, who ran on the track team with Kandula at Marquette High School in Chesterfield, Mo., wrote in a series of Facebook messages to The Washington Post that he had difficultly reconciling the actions Kandula is accused of taking with the person he knew. Barfield wrote Kandula kept to himself and “wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Barfield was particularly surprised by the alleged threat to kill the president. Barfield wrote that Kandula liked to wear a surgical mask with Biden’s name on it during the pandemic because it would get a reaction from people at Marquette, which Barfield described as conservative.
Barfield and Kandula had an introduction to computers class together, and they had discussed pursuing careers in computer engineering. Barfield wrote he never heard Kandula espouse any support for Nazis and he didn’t appear to struggle with mental illness. Kandula had “plenty” of friends in high school, Barfield wrote.

Kandula graduated from Marquette in 2022, school officials said. He also played on the tennis team and was part of student council. His family did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.

How many times have we heard that from people regarding someone who does something similar to this in other circumstances? He e was a nice guy, he seemed like a loving husband, I never would have guessed that etc.

I mean someone who thinks they can become the dictator of the US by driving an empty Uhaul truck with a Nazi flag into some posts by the White House has a screw loose somewhere. This is just very weird.

Upvote 0