Los Angeles Area
✟830,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A 19-year-old Missouri man was arrested after police say he intentionally crashed a rented U-Haul truck near the White House, and investigators recovered a Nazi flag from the vehicle.
The man, whom police identified as Sai Varshith Kandula of Chesterfield, Mo., was charged with threatening to kill, kidnap or inflict harm on the president, vice president or a family member, along with other counts including assault with a dangerous weapon and trespassing.

--

Police have declined to provide further details about the nature of the alleged attack or information about the suspect. Law enforcement officials also indicated the suspect made threatening statements during his arrest.

“There were no injuries to any Secret Service or White House personnel and the cause and manner of the crash remain under investigation,” Anthony Guglielmi, the Secret Service chief of communications, said in a statement on Monday night.

--

Daily Fail:

Missouri teenager Sai Varshith Kandula, 19, told FBI he wanted to kill Biden and 'take over' after crashing U-Haul truck into White House security gates while carrying Swastika flag​

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
1684869335269.png

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Im glad he was exceedingly dumb, and not smart.

Otoh if he was smart he might have tuned out the extreme-right noise in the first place.
Are we to believe he is a "white supremacist" just because of a flag he had?
1684872549504.png

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Are we to believe he is a "white supremacist" just because of a flag he had?
Nobody in this thread has suggested such a thing.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nobody in this thread has suggested such a thing.
Not in those words, but "extreme-right noise" was suggested for some reason. I didn't see such a connection, other than the Nazi flag reference, which usually leads to accusations of white supremacy.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not in those words, but "extreme-right noise" was suggested for some reason. I didn't see such a connection, other than the Nazi flag reference, which usually leads to accusations of white supremacy.
I was going by the nazi flag. Remember that mall shooter recently? He wasnt white per se, but was fully enamored of white supremacist / nazi ideology. Maybe its like that white professor who wanted so badly to be black - except she didnt want to kill people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

We're going to have to go over the difference between "white supremacy" and "Nazism" again, aren't we?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Man with Nazi flag who crashed U-Haul near White House praised Hitler

The man, identified as Sai Varshith Kandula, told police he bought the flag because “Nazis have a great history” and he admired their “authoritarian nature, Eugenics, and their one world order,” according to the court document. He called Adolf Hitler “a strong leader” and said he would “hurt anyone that would stand in my way,” the court document says.

In the court document, a special agent with the Secret Service said that Kandula told investigators he had planned the attack for six months and flown into Dulles International Airport on a one-way ticket from St. Louis on Monday night, arriving about 90 minutes before the crash. Police said he rented the U-Haul near the airport and drove “directly to the White House.”

The court document says Kandula told police that his plan was “to get to the White House, seize power, and be put in charge of the nation.” He said he would “kill the president of the United States if that’s what I have to do and would hurt anyone that would stand in my way,” according to the document.

He told police he had a “green book” in which he recorded his thoughts and wrote what he what he would do if he were in charge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The man, identified as Sai Varshith Kandula, told police he bought the flag because “Nazis have a great history” and he admired their “authoritarian nature, Eugenics, and their one world order,” according to the court document. He called Adolf Hitler “a strong leader” and said he would “hurt anyone that would stand in my way,” the court document says.

Seems like he know what he liked about Nazis -- authoritarianism, dictatorship, global domination, and the elimination of the genetically inferior. Notice nothing about race or ethnicity?

Nazi symbols and "race": Just because the White Power movement adapted Nazi symbology does not mean that all white supremacists hold nazi ideology or use nazi symbols, nor that all those following nazi ideology or identity are white supremacists (or even "white").

There are even difference between the historical Nazis and most neo-Nazi or White Power group conceptions of who is "white". The German Nazi party's ideology was about the supremacy of German/Nordic/"Aryan" peoples with a disdain or hatred from "lesser" peoples, especially Jews. Slavic and Mediterranean peoples were at best "mongrel races" to the Nazi, barely tolerable, and definitely inferior. American neo-Nazis and white supremacists aren't nearly as picky, certainly about Greeks, Slavs, Italians and Iberians, though most organized groups are still anti-Jewish. Not even just Americans, there are organized neo-Nazi groups throughout the Slavic nations. These modern "white" neo-Nazis are often ignoring parts of traditional Nazi race hierarchies even when they go about professing them.

Going back to the Allen, Texas shooter, he had some of the most clear nazi identities that have been seen and was clearly within the demographic category Americans call Latino/Hispanic. What gives? Despite Americans lumping of all of Latin America into one ethonographic bin, internally the various countries do have their own racial groupings based relative proportions of Iberian settler, native, and African ancestry. From this context, it is possible to develop a feeling of superiority due to having predominantly Iberian ancestry and adopt neo-Nazi or American white power symbology (and it does happen) for racial reasons.

Finally, the suspect in this case seems to be of South Asian ancestry. Some of the symbols of classical Nazism were acquired from south Asia (the term "Aryan", the swastika that was on the flag) and this may provide some additional resonance for this individual. (The "Aryans" or "Indo-Aryans" are the people who seem to have brought the language and perhaps ancient core of Indian religion and culture to the sub-continent.)

TL;DR summary:

1. Not all of nazi ideology is about race. Some are attracted to the authoritarianism.
2. Modern nazi adherents who are "white superemacists" don't even follow classical Nazi racial categorizations rigorously.
3. Racial superiorists outside the traditional Nazi racial hierarchy use nazi symbols for themselves
4. (Speculation): This suspect may have been additionally draw to nazi symbols and terms taken from the land of his ancestors

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We're going to have to go over the difference between "white supremacy" and "Nazism" again, aren't we?
If we're just going to hear how anything violent is somehow linked to white supremacy, and that white supremacy is the biggest threat to the country (as biden keeps telling us), then I'd prefer to not hear that false rhetoric.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If we're just going to hear how anything violent is somehow linked to white supremacy, and that white supremacy is the biggest threat to the country (as biden keeps telling us), then I'd prefer to not hear that false rhetoric.

Did we say that? He linked himself to nazism. No evidence of "white supremacy" (yet). It would help if you learned the differences between these things.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did we say that? He linked himself to nazism. No evidence of "white supremacy" (yet). It would help if you learned the differences between these things.
With the frequent changes being made to definitions, why bother? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
With the frequent changes being made to definitions, why bother? :scratch:

The definition of "white supremacy" is pretty simple. It isn't changing. (Are you having problems with other terms like "nazism" or "violence"?)

Here's a simple "white supermacy" algorithm:

* Do you think that "white people" exist and are superior to "non-white people"?
* if YES, then you are a white supremacist
* if NO, then you are not.

Since we don't know how this suspect would answer those questions, we just don't know. We also don't know him to be part of a known group with white supremacist ideology, so we can't even guess.

(And yes, there are people who identify as "non-white" who think "white people" are superior. Not sure why, but there are. I think it is some sort of psychological inferiority complex.)

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The definition of "white supremacy" is pretty simple. It isn't changing. (Are you having problems with other terms like "nazism" or "violence"?)

Here's a simple "white supermacy" algorithm:

* Do you think that "white people" exist and are superior to "non-white people"?
* if YES, then you are a white supremacist
* if NO, then you are not.

Since we don't know how this suspect would answer those questions, we just don't know. We also don't know him to be part of a known group with white supremacist ideology, so we can't even guess.

(And yes, there are people who identify as "non-white" who think "white people" are superior. Not sure why, but there are. I think it is some sort of psychological inferiority complex.)
By that algorithm, I suppose I must be at least half white supremacist since I do believe that "white people" exist.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
By that algorithm, I suppose I must be at least half white supremacist since I do believe that "white people" exist.

It's both or nothing, sorry.

Lot's of people think "white people" exist. Some of them even think they are part of that group. That doesn't mean they think "white people" are superior to others. It's a compound noun, both parts are important.

• Informative
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's both or nothing, sorry.

Lot's of people think "white people" exist. Some of them even think they are part of that group. That doesn't mean they think "white people" are superior to others. It's a compound noun, both parts are important.
Ah, got it! :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0