Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The movie, Man of God, is playing Monday night at one of the local theaters in my area. The boys and I are going to see it! It was originally only playing that one time for one night, but I think they're playing it once more on the 26th or 27th. Anybody else's local theaters playing this great movie about Saint Nectarios? and if so, will you be going to see it?

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We've been coordinating with the two other churches in our area to try to fill our local theaters. I've had icon cards of Saint Nektarios printed for us to hand out as well. It looks like we're going to have a really good turnout. I would be thrilled to see more movies like this made and released into theaters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We've been coordinating with the two other churches in our area to try to fill our local theaters. I've had icon cards of Saint Nektarios printed for us to hand out as well. It looks like we're going to have a really good turnout. I would be thrilled to see more movies like this made and released into theaters.
Awesome! And I agree with your last statement!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was kind of sad. I almost cried.
Almost? I cried through at least three scenes. lol

Everyone, we were able to see it this evening, and it was just what we needed for Great Lent! I read the life of St. Nectarios many years ago. It was the first book on a Saint that I'd read. The movie was incredible and extremely moving and very well done. I will buy it if it comes out on DVD. So blessed to have seen it at a theater!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was a great movie. Fr Matt, I heard that some places around here will offer it on March 28th as well.
Yes. It's playing here in the Springs next Monday as well.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The last scene made me tear up (if I was at home I probably would have cried), especially with the recent death of my grandma and being with her in hospice during her last week of life. It brought back memories and was very realistic.

It was a great movie though on many levels.

Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟33,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
His life is a great example of faithfulness and perseverance in the face of adversity. Forgive me if I offend anyone but it strikes me as an antidote to the prosperity gospel of our times. I’m truly thankful I was able to go see it with my husband.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0