• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Male Accountability Thread

Jan 9, 2020
New York
✟1,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to keep educating myself about the truthful dangers and mortality of sex. People don't seem to reveal that because I think they want some men to remain dumb, ignorant, and wanting sex. But I'm a Christian. Knowledge is one of my greatest strengths and protections. I need to keep educating myself and stay away from misguiding heathens who want me to indulge in sexual perversion.

Upvote 0

st831

samuel carter
May 15, 2018
florida
✟41,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Accountability." You guys who are finding out that this just doesn't work, take hope.... There IS something that does.
interested to learn more about your thoughts. I have always felt the same way about accountability.

Upvote 0

RedeemedtoManhood

Jul 29, 2017
Metro Manila
✟21,884.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi my brothers in the Lord... I need to have accountability partners... recently recommitted my life to the Lord Yahushua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ)... and I have turned away from lust, inappropriate content, and masturbation 3 weeks ago. I relapsed 2 weeks ago. So my "streak" is 1 week, relapse and now 2 weeks.

I praise Yahweh our God because I am now at the flatline. And for us Christians, the flatline is wonderful! Because it is the time when your sexual desires are so low. So the temptation to lust is at its weakest at this point.

Upvote 0

revybub

Just here to grow, learn, give council, love God
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟201,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you are a gentleman who is dealing with sexual addiction, masturbation, inappropriate contentography, gay lifestyle changes, etc., and re needing accountability in getting through this, please make a post to share how you would like accountability, and then post here daily or as often as needed. This is where gentlemen can provide encouragement and accountability to each other. Ladies, you may want to help, but we'd ask that you spend your time in prayer for those in this thread.
If you are a gentleman who is dealing with sexual addiction, masturbation, inappropriate contentography, gay lifestyle changes, etc., and re needing accountability in getting through this, please make a post to share how you would like accountability, and then post here daily or as often as needed. This is where gentlemen can provide encouragement and accountability to each other. Ladies, you may want to help, but we'd ask that you spend your time in prayer for those in this thread.
So I have struggled off and on with inappropriate content since I have become an adult. I have had times where I was rid of it or at least thought I was. This year since everything got shutdown from covid. I rekindled my relationship with God. Which was lacking before all of this. At least for a while. I was doing pretty good not looking at inappropriate content for a good month or more at first. Then this past month it has hit me hard and pretty much become like a normal daily habit. Sadly I don't know if I even really feel bad about it. Other than just ashamed I do it though. It makes me question if I am a saved christian sometimes. I live alone and work third shift. So as far as accountability goes. I really don't have much in that. After doing it. I later question what kind of person I really am. I usually try to repent afterwords. But then question if I really mean it. I tend to feel like maybe I am just insulting God by doing so. Like do I really even mean it. Or am I just repenting, because that is what I should do. Also then makes me feel bad for doing it. Because then it puts support in an industry that is horrible. I know in my heart I would never force someone to have sex with me or any of that. That is a horrible thing. I wonder if I just do it because I feel lonely deep down maybe. I try to pray to God every day and do some reading. I just don't know at this point. Other than I just need to tell myself no when I come to choosing to do it. I feel like honestly my relationship with God is just going through the motions. Then really having a relationship.

Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟26,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My brother talks about rape randomly whenever we meet and such. I think he has rape fantasies. Regardless of whether he has such fantasies or not though, his talk about rape is very unwelcoming and disturbing. I wish I didn't have to interact with him honestly.

I will continue educating myself about the dangers of sexuality like diseases and social dangers. I will try to educate and rebuke my brother about his rape talk or rape fantasies. But I honestly have to save myself and focus less on saving him. If he wants to go into a dark and sad path of rape and sexuality, then that's his fate. If my brother contracts a terminal disease from sex or finds himself in prison, then that's his fate. But my fate is to be a healthy man who doesn't have rape fantasies and unreal thoughts about sexuality.

Upvote 0

tmilla5020

Oct 18, 2020
Davie
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I am a 25 year old male who has been struggling with inappropriate content since I was 11 or 12 years old. I didn't know when I was young that it was a sin. No one talked about it, even though I went to a Christian school and had parents who were a part of our church. I allowed inappropriate content to ruin some great relationships that I had. I got it under control and was not having any pre marital sex with any females I went on dates with. Then I moved away from home. I allowed the loneliness to lead me to using dating apps. From there I found someone I began to date which led to a relationship where we had sex, and I began watching inappropriate content regularly. Here I am now, out of the relationship, seeking a release from my sexual desires that I have given into so easil.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi. I just had a general question for this thread. How does communicating with an accountability partner on this forum work? Does the communication have to be by email/IM or can it be done just on this site/thread?

As far as I understand, the moderators here prefer IM private chat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take heart brothers; accountability can and does work. I have a band of 3 brothers who are my accountability partners. I know if I mess up on my internet viewing, they will call me out.

There are two important keys to this: #1) Your computer needs to be accountable to your band of brothers (along with any offending devices). There are accountability apps out there, I use TRUPLE. This is *not* an advertisement for them, you have to use what you believe is the right thing to use to stay accountable. I just know, emailing accountability partners and talking about your successes or failures ---> I ran away from that. I couldn't be honest (sorry, Lord) because I didn't want to just talk.

But when I made myself accountable where people literally can ask and know what I've been doing on my computer (and they don't need me to answer it because they have the resources and tools to get the answer on their own or automatically) - that diminishes the desire BIG TIME. Maybe just PM/EMAIL accountability works for some on here, but the ability to run away (which I've done) is 100%; there's no way around that mechanism.

KEY #2 though: your band of brothers MUST BE PEOPLE YOU ALREADY KNOW either in REAL LIFE or TRUSTED FRIENDS you've met on the Internet who's respect you've earned. I've realized, it can't be *random* people on the Internet because again - because you don't know them, their names might as well be "Anonymous". There is nothing binding you to them, and we can all say nicely "oh we really love our brothers and sisters in Christ". But the truth is, if you don't know them - you don't really care as much as if you knew them and had a previous real-life relationship with them.

So I simply pass on that I understand when some people say 'accountability' doesn't work - it's not that accountability doesn't work. It's that accountability with total strangers (on this particular issue) doesn't work. What works is bringing ourselves into the light with people that understand our struggles and are willing to work with us.

I hope this day finds you tremendously blessed. Again, no advertisement intended. There is a free conference called Identity in Jesus Christ Online Summit with many speakers and Rob Lohman as the host. Look this up on google [ you have to use all those key words I just mentioned] if this interests you at all. :) Blessings - Peter James

Upvote 0

Jona Anderson

Apr 18, 2021
Hawley
✟8,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I need help and guidance.

I've engaged in sinful behavior I'm almost afraid to talk about it openly. During this pandemic I've been kept away from my beautiful wife the future mother to my child. I need prayer and someone to help me be accountable. I've debased myself and mistreated the body the Lord gave me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RegUnleaded

Feb 11, 2022
Portland
✟8,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep masturbating with homosexual fantasies. I've looked at the worst shameful kind of inappropriate content daily but now I just looking at inappropriate content thinking, "maybe if I look at straight or lesbian inappropriate content while masturbating, I'll be straight." But it never works. I don't really need inappropriate content to touch, so i usually don't look at it. I never think of women anymore and I feel like I'm doomed to die as a homosexual. I also smoke and smoke marijuana and don't have a job. I have no interest in life and stay at home all day. I wish I had no attraction to men and could live righteously because I know the punishment for homosexuality is very severe.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I keep masturbating with homosexual fantasies. I've looked at the worst shameful kind of inappropriate content daily but now I just looking at inappropriate content thinking, "maybe if I look at straight or lesbian inappropriate content while masturbating, I'll be straight." But it never works. I don't really need inappropriate content to touch, so i usually don't look at it. I never think of women anymore and I feel like I'm doomed to die as a homosexual. I also smoke and smoke marijuana and don't have a job. I have no interest in life and stay at home all day. I wish I had no attraction to men and could live righteously because I know the punishment for homosexuality is very severe.

Do you think you could learn to touch without inappropriate content use?

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your homosexual fantasies are rooted in child wounds most likely. Instead of beating yourself up over it, maybe pray and ask the LORD to show you where you were most hurt in your life? He can come in and meet whatever need your heart desires. Usually, it's not about the sex. It's about a deep emotional wound.

Upvote 0

DiscipleOfChrist85

Servant Of The True King
Sep 20, 2021
Florida
✟26,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I keep masturbating to feeder-ism inappropriate content since I was exposed at eight years old. Now I have to live with the burden of having desires and fantasies I can control occupied every thought and most of my actions. That does even cover the severe bodily dysphoria I have because I'm not fat enough to satisfy my desires and even if I was. One it would severely impact my health which isn't good for me because I would die. Not only that but the gluttonous lifestyle is an abomination to God and I want to serve God but my relationship with him can never truly take off until I deal with this burden but I can't and I can't tell anyone in irl because this is a fetish that is consider completely repulsive and then my mental health is called into question so I'm a tough spot.
I can't control my eating anymore and I can get help and I have constant uncontrollable fantasies that will only get worse as I get older but this is nothing I can do and I'm stuck fighting an endless war inside me I can't win and in the end it wouldn't matter because I'm too insecure to ever be truly happy with myself much less my body.

Upvote 0

st831

samuel carter
May 15, 2018
florida
✟41,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my long years of being a true Believer, fairly open minded man and honest with myself...I have learned a few things: 1. sexuality and inappropriate content preference are two different things. 2. Issues with inappropriate content and sex are symptoms not the disease. 3. Jesus died to take away our sin and shame and satan's goal is to shame us for what Jesus has covered. 4. God restores.

Honestly, I have struggled with gay inappropriate content most of my life. Through a lot of prayer and introspection, I learned that it came from not having a dad that would explain sex to me. Or male friends that I could talk about it with. Therefore my curiosity about male sexuality during my formative years...led me to explore that end of the spectrum. And, honestly, it came from my wanting to keep my eyes off of naked women to be a more Godly boy. Gay inappropriate content seemed to feed my curiosity, while helping me avoid lusting over women. The truth is, I am not attracted to men in real life. But, the more I stayed in that inappropriate content bubble the more I question that--the more I forgot natural affection. Even from a young age, girls made my heart beat faster...but you forget that when you have trained your brain to look at certain inappropriate content.

Your inappropriate content is not your sexuality, and it is not your identity. It comes from curiosity, trauma, or cultural things that were going on around you during puberty. My advice is to remember about who God says you are...not the culture...not your inner lust. Live and make life decisions based on God's design.

AND, as much as I preach that masturbation can be a blessing and a good thing, if you are too caught up into your inappropriate content and masturbation, you may need to take a step back and do a reset. You can fast masturbation for a season and pray that God restores your natural affection.

RESOURCE: "Heart of Man" movie. You can find it for free along with Bible study lessons from the author and contributors. The Heart of Man (2017)

Upvote 0