• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Male Accountability Thread

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are a gentleman who is dealing with sexual addiction, masturbation, inappropriate contentography, gay lifestyle changes, etc., and re needing accountability in getting through this, please make a post to share how you would like accountability, and then post here daily or as often as needed. This is where gentlemen can provide encouragement and accountability to each other. Ladies, you may want to help, but we'd ask that you spend your time in prayer for those in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have struggled with looking at dirty stuff--not technically inappropriate content, but it was bad enough--since I was 13. I'm wanting to start anew chapter of my life at college and leave all of that behind.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am constantly looking at nudity (Staff Edit) even when I really shouldn't be turned on by it. I just feel like I have to in order to get some sliver of happiness in my life, but of course it never works :(

• Prayers
Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am and tried looking for it but so far I not able to get long term accountability. No one out there so far seems to want that commitment. I pray that I be able to get an Accountability partner. I would not mind a group from here and check up on each other and encourage each other and pray for each other plus confess our sins too.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll be the first to admit that I struggle with this a lot. But I'm staying at my dorm for the weekend instead of going back home, and already it's been pretty helpful since I have things to do besides wasting time :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

4everu

Oct 22, 2015
✟7,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am and tried looking for it but so far I not able to get long term accountability. No one out there so far seems to want that commitment. I pray that I be able to get an Accountability partner. I would not mind a group from here and check up on each other and encourage each other and pray for each other plus confess our sins too.
dude99,

I am looking for an accountability partner also. What do you say?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

4everu

Oct 22, 2015
✟7,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
me I struggle with my old sinful habits and at times go back to it. I not feeling good and feel powerless.
I have replaced my sinful habits with healthy activities. My first day of change was a complete relapse. I am now 20 days free from my old sins and feeling happier and leveled off with less mood swings. I found an app called brainbuddy that helps track my progress and has good advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have replaced my sinful habits with healthy activities. My first day of change was a complete relapse. I am now 20 days free from my old sins and feeling happier and leveled off with less mood swings. I found an app called brainbuddy that helps track my progress and has good advice.
That is very good. Thank you for that.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Stephane Lemay

LoganN9nefingers
Dec 2, 2015
Ontario, Canada
✟7,704.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Every weekend, I come home and m. It was the same tonight. It's compulsive, and so stupid. And yet I do it anyway.
Just want to send out some encouragement. I'm a newb here, but I know for myself as well, accountability would go a long way.

I don't need someone who's going to tell me what to do, I know what I need to do, I just need someone who's going to follow up if I post something or a struggle or a desire. I can send an email and say... Ho oh. Here comes the feelings again. And I know I'll have someone praying for me and following up saying, lets chat. How did you do. etc...

For you Grandvizier I would suggest the following (this is a repost from a different forum buts its a start)

"Your not alone, I will add you to my prayers my friend. Its not easy.

Don't forget - you must keep your thoughts captive and obedient to God.

Which essentially means, stop lust even before it starts, if that means diverting your eyes from a scantily clad billboard or commercial, avoid movies with nudity or sec scenes (GL with this one, its everywhere) divert your eyes. Starve that part of your mind that craves the lust. Make your self a plan of action.

1. If the thoughts creep in do 10 pushups
2. If its still there, text an accountability partner
3. Once its out there in text form, you're going to have to account for it. (this helps alot)
4. If the urge is still there - cold shower, mind bomb yourself (think of 5-6 different things one after another)
5. If its still there hop on here and write about how its making you feel.
etc...

The key is fellowship and starving your mind. So many encounter these issues. We're here for each other. Keep fighting, if you stumble get back up.

"There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." - Romans 8:1.

Which essentially means, guilt, its not from Jesus, its the enemy trying to separate you from the truth. Jesus loves you, he wants a lasting and meaningful relationship with you, and he has already paid the price for our sins. Just embrace him."

All that to say, if you want an accountability partner, I'm here :)

Upvote 0

Stephane Lemay

LoganN9nefingers
Dec 2, 2015
Ontario, Canada
✟7,704.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
me I struggle with my old sinful habits and at times go back to it. I not feeling good and feel powerless.
Press on brother, you're not alone. I've added you to my prayers. Jesus loves you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jrbrumm30

Dec 27, 2015
California
✟7,637.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Hi I'm new here but I saw this thread and I think it's what I'm looking for. I've been addicted to inappropriate content for a 3 or 4 years now and have been trying to stop for the past two. I have gone a pretty long time without viewing it but I always seem to go back to it. I am tired of constantly going back to it and just want to be done with it. I could use some prayer and advice

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I could use prayer and encouragement to stay clean from this addiction. I would also be open to having an accountablity partner here where we can share email addresses or something.

Upvote 0

KevinesKay

Jul 15, 2015
✟15,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I could use prayer and encouragement to stay clean from this addiction. I would also be open to having an accountablity partner here where we can share email addresses or something.

Lord,

Thank you for Gaurdian87's honesty and courage to face this sin in his life. May you bless him for that. Annoint his quiet times with you, Lord. May his time in the Word be times of enlightenment. And I pray that you provide him trusted friends to help him through this journey. Let him know that the work he is doing now is totally worth it. We pray this in Jesus' name. Thank you and Amen.

Stay strong brother.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

awlecg12

Walking by faith
Jul 1, 2014
Ireland
✟15,124.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys

I've been fighting for almost 17yrs now against inappropriate contentography and masturbation, and I'm determined to overcome it this year once and for all. I want to be free.

But I need help... I need accountability partners who understand and can offer support and advice. It's time to stop dealing with this on my own in the dark.

I have an accountability app installed on my phone but need a partner who can hold me accountable.

If anyone has/wants to do the same please let me know.

Cheers

• Prayers
Upvote 0