• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Male Accountability Thread

KevinesKay

Jul 15, 2015
✟15,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys. Thanks for sharing about your struggles. I can clearly understand that rollar coaster ride of "Off P" "On P" and so on. I've acted out with P and MB 1000's of times. I've made countless never, forever promises to never do it again. My first exposure to P was at 6 years of age at a local grocery store. And I can honestly admit that I've entertained s*xual fantasies at an even earlier age. I'm 45 now.

Today, I've got about 2 dozen phone buddies that I can reach out to at any given moment. I have a goal to reach out to at least one brother in Christ each day. I lay strict boundaries for myself when it comes to TV and internet usage. I'm also involved in an online Christ-based ministry that addresses P addiction. I hold myself accountable for things such as reading my Bible, praying, worshiping with my guitar, spending time with my family, exercise, etc.

For me, how can I truly address my P and MB without addressing all of these other areas of my life?

My last relapse was on January 4, 2015. And until then, I wasn't really demonstrating to God, myself, or my loved ones that I was taking care of myself physically, emotionally, spiritually. So Yes, I decided to make some major changes in my life over the past year. And that took some time and effort on my part. But God has really shown his faithfulness in my life, and I'm glad I chose to take my relationship with Him to a whole new level.

Bless you guys. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

4everu

Oct 22, 2015
✟7,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi I'm new here but I saw this thread and I think it's what I'm looking for. I've been addicted to inappropriate content for a 3 or 4 years now and have been trying to stop for the past two. I have gone a pretty long time without viewing it but I always seem to go back to it. I am tired of constantly going back to it and just want to be done with it. I could use some prayer and advice
Replace your habit. Small steps to happiness

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

starkiller

Jun 16, 2016
Texas
✟7,642.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I am struggling with a masturbation, and inappropriate contentography addiction. I need your prayers, to help me get through this, and I would ask for you to be my accountability partners. It's not much, but it's a start. Stopped inappropriate content/masturbation 6/15/16, help me keep accountable, and please pray for me.

Upvote 0

starkiller

Jun 16, 2016
Texas
✟7,642.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I failed today, I had been doing good, I'd avoided the sin for 2 1\2 days. This morning when I woke up the temptation hit me full force. I ended up giving in, I feel ashamed of myself, I am fed up with this sin. Does anyone have any advice for me? Please continue to pray for me.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
I like this. I hope it doesn't make anyone uncomfortable to admit that I have same-sex attraction. I hate this in myself. I am praying for deliverance.

Upvote 0

Cameron Michael

Jul 31, 2016
Missouri
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi my names Cameron. I'm ashamed to admit that I have this problem as well. It's been going on for a couple years now and I've been trying so hard to get over it and praying that God would give me the strength. But the bible also says to tell other believers about your struggles so you can all help each other so that's what I'm gonna do, I'm determined to stop letting this control me, but I need some help, if anyone could send me a message on here to be my accountability partner that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless!

Upvote 0

tempfunny

Aug 10, 2016
Toronto
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys. I've been addicted to cam MB and attracted to MSM for many years. I hope to find several accountability partners here. You don't need to be same-sex attracted but need to be willing to repent from inappropriate content/MB, impure sex, ect. Just praying for each other, sharing understanding of verses of the Bible and keeping each other accountable in the journey of sanctification. Texting and chatting over phone in times of need. Thanks for reading.
Nate

Upvote 0

FanTheFlame

Dec 15, 2016
Louisiana
✟9,292.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brothers and sisters in Christ, I had searched out a forums for a strong and consistent accountability partner. I've struggled with viewing inappropriate content or having some sort of internet sexual encounters in the past, ever since I was a teen ager. About 9 Years ago when I Got married, I was still viewing inappropriate content about 10 -12 times a year and had to get counseling from my pastor and also went through some good programs that helped. Though from time to time I still struggle and do not have complete freedom. Currently My struggle with this is only when it comes to being at work. My home pc's and devices all are monitored by my wife which is great, but at work I still find myself sinning with it between 2-4 times a year. I would like to have complete freedom from this and deliverance. I need prayer and accountability. Thank you and God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FanTheFlame

Dec 15, 2016
Louisiana
✟9,292.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I failed today, I had been doing good, I'd avoided the sin for 2 1\2 days. This morning when I woke up the temptation hit me full force. I ended up giving in, I feel ashamed of myself, I am fed up with this sin. Does anyone have any advice for me? Please continue to pray for me.

Starkiller,

The enemy wants us to feel defeated< Staff Edit> Don't let the enemy win by making you feel ashamed< Staff Edit> Anyway, Let us not dwell on the past and press on to the high calling that God has for us. <Staff Edit> Start off every morning reading scripture and devoting to prayer.<Staff Edit> I like to read is Romans 12:1-4 and Romans 6:12-14

• Prayers
Upvote 0

GreatHope

Dec 3, 2014
✟7,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to struggle with internet inappropriate content about 10 years ago and repented but in the last 6 months have backslided into internet inappropriate content every 3 or 4 days, I hate it but get compulsive and can't seem to stop myself I have tried to give it to Christ but still struggle. It's getting worse this Christmas as I'm on holidays, could anyone direct me to a site or internet group dedicated to inwardly repenting and getting out of Satan's spider's web.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Nov 29, 2016
USA
✟18,166.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

D3ottawa

Mar 29, 2017
Ottawa
✟15,729.00
Marital Status
Married
I am and tried looking for it but so far I not able to get long term accountability. No one out there so far seems to want that commitment. I pray that I be able to get an Accountability partner. I would not mind a group from here and check up on each other and encourage each other and pray for each other plus confess our sins too.
That is very good. Thank you for that.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I have the same struggles. I need a daily accountability partner to report and talk to. We can share the word and encourage each other. I hope this message still reaches you. God bless.
Hi there, thanks for getting back at me. Message me if you you like.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I need an accountability partner. It doesn't have to be every day, but at least once a week to have someone to chat with about how it's going. If anyone is interested in being partners ( it can one person or a group) private message me and we can share email addresses.

Upvote 0