Refrain
Throughout the universe of bliss,
The center Thou, and sun;
The eternal theme of praise of this,
To Heaven’s belovèd one:

Refrain

John
NZ
Thou Art the Everlasting Word Look at this write up about this hymn!!!!

This hymn contains more doctrine of Christ than any hymn that seen. It's Christo-centric. This hymn only begins to scratch the surface of the "unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)!

Thou Art the Everlasting Word
by Josiah Conder

Thou art the everlasting Word,
Of Christ in John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
The Father’s only Son;
Of Jesus in John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
God manifest, God seen and heard,
Of Jesus in 1 Timothy 3:16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.
The Heav’n’s belovèd one:
After Jesus' baptism, Matthew 3:17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."
Worthy, O Lamb of God, art Thou
Revelation 5:11-12 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."
That every knee to Thee should bow.
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

In Thee most perfectly expressed
The Father’s self doth shine;
Hebrews 1:1-3 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Fulness of Godhead, too: the Blest,
Of Christ in Colossians 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
Of Christ in 1 Timothy 6:15 which He will bring about at the proper time - He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Eternally divine.
Of Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

Image of th'Infinite Unseen,
Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Whose being none can know;
John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
Matthew 11:27 "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."
Brightness of light no eye hath seen;
Of the Lord Jesus Christ in 1 Timothy 6:16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
God's love revealed below:
1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

The higher mysteries of Thy fame
The creature's grasp transcend;
Ephesians 3:8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
The Father only Thy blest name
Of Son can comprehend:
Matthew 11:27 "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."
Proverbs 30:4 Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know!

Yet loving Thee, on whom His love
Ineffable doth rest,
Jesus prayed in John 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."
The worshippers, O Lord, above,
Revelation 5:13-14 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever." And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped.
As one with Thee are blest:
Jesus said in John 17:21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Of the vast universe of bliss,
The center Thou, and Sun;
Revelation 7:17 "for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."
Malachi 4:2 "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall."
Th’eternal theme of praise is this,
Psalm 41:9 Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, From everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.
To Heav’n’s belovèd one:
2 Peter 1:17 For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased "-
Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thou Art the Everlasting Word Look at this write up about this hymn!!!!

This hymn contains more doctrine of Christ than any hymn that seen. It's Christo-centric. This hymn only begins to scratch the surface of the "unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)!

Thou Art the Everlasting Word
by Josiah Conder

Thou art the everlasting Word,
Of Christ in John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
The Father’s only Son;
Of Jesus in John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
God manifest, God seen and heard,
Of Jesus in 1 Timothy 3:16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.
The Heav’n’s belovèd one:
After Jesus' baptism, Matthew 3:17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."
Revelation 5:11-12 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

In Thee most perfectly expressed
The Father’s self doth shine;
Hebrews 1:1-3 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Fulness of Godhead, too: the Blest,
Of Christ in Colossians 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
Of Christ in 1 Timothy 6:15 which He will bring about at the proper time - He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Eternally divine.
Of Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.

Image of th'Infinite Unseen,
Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Whose being none can know;
John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
Brightness of light no eye hath seen;
Of the Lord Jesus Christ in 1 Timothy 6:16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
God's love revealed below:
1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

The higher mysteries of Thy fame
The creature's grasp transcend;
Ephesians 3:8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
The Father only Thy blest name
Of Son can comprehend:
Proverbs 30:4 Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know!

Yet loving Thee, on whom His love
Ineffable doth rest,
Jesus prayed in John 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."
The worshippers, O Lord, above,
Revelation 5:13-14 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever." And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped.
As one with Thee are blest:
Jesus said in John 17:21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Of the vast universe of bliss,
The center Thou, and Sun;
Revelation 7:17 "for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."
Malachi 4:2 "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall."
Th’eternal theme of praise is this,
Psalm 41:9 Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, From everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.
To Heav’n’s belovèd one:
2 Peter 1:17 For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased "-
Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

Ms. Maid in His Image:

The hymn is truly a Christ-centred masterpiece.

It's a if Conder, whose background lacked an acknowledgment of Christ's Deity because he had formerly been Unitarian, made up for it once he was converted and wrote these most expressive and Christ-honoring lines.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ms. Maid in His Image:

The hymn is truly a Christ-centred masterpiece.

It's a if Conder, whose background lacked an acknowledgment of Christ's Deity because he had formerly been Unitarian, made up for it once he was converted and wrote these most expressive and Christ-honoring lines.

Blessings.
Perhaps so...a Johnny Appleseed of his day...click on play for the music

Musicnotes.com: Unsupported Browser or Operating System

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread was such a blessing that wanted to give it a resurrection for others to enjoy.

I Believe The Bible

I believe the Bible, it taught me how to pray,
Jesus heard and answered, took my sins away;
Gave me peace and pardon, wrote my name above,
Glory hallelujah! for His wondrous love.

Refrain

I believe the Bible, O it is divine!
Heaven’s golden sunlight in its pages shine;
Lights my way to glory, and I’m surely going thro’;
I believe the Bible, for ’tis ever true.

I believe the Bible, it teaches me to sing,
Moses’ song of vict’ry o’er the tyrant king;
Or with Paul and Silas, midnight brings release,
Glory hallelujah! for His perfect peace.

Refrain

I believe the Bible, of holiness it speaks,
Gracious gift of Jesus to the one who seeks;
Tells of keeping power, ’neath the cleansing flood,
Glory hallelujah! for the precious blood.

Refrain

I believe the Bible, it teaches me to run
In this royal highway till the prize is won;
Shows the crown awaiting, if I win the race,
Glory hallelujah! for His saving grace.

Refrain

I believe the Bible, and then the world will see
We have been with Jesus more like Him to be;
With His Word abiding in our hearts made new,
That will prove the blessèd Book is always true.

Refrain

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's so true that many of the great teachings are contained in the old hymns of yesteryear. Fanny Crosby is one of my favorite poets and this hymn was one of her favorites:

Saved By Grace

This hymn was one of Fanny Crosby’s favourite poems, known as her “sou’ls poem”. She said of it: “There is one hymn I have written which has never been published. I call it my soul’s poem. Sometimes when I am troubled, I repeat it to myself, for it brings comfort to my heart.” She shared this poem during one of Moody’s conferences.

Subsequently, George Stebbins wrote the music for this hymn.

Lyrics: Fanny J. Crosby
Music: George C. Stebbins

Some day the silver cord will break,
And I no more as now shall sing;
But oh, the joy when I shall wake
Within the palace of the King!

Refrain:
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story—Saved by grace;
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story—Saved by grace.

Some day my earthly house will fall.
I cannot tell how soon ’twill be;
But this I know—my All in All
Has now a place in Heav’n for me.

Some day, when fades the golden sun
Beneath the rosy tinted west,
My blessed Lord will say, “Well done!”
And I shall enter into rest.

Some day: till then I’ll watch and wait,
My lamp all trimmed and burning bright,
That when my Savior opens the gate,
My soul to Him may take its flight.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Only A Sinner
James M. Gray

Naught have I gotten but what I received;
Grace hath bestowed it since I have believed;
Boasting excluded, pride I abase;
I’m only a sinner, saved by grace!

Refrain:
Only a sinner, saved by grace!
Only a sinner, saved by grace!
This is my story, to God be the glory—
I’m only a sinner, saved by grace!

Once I was foolish, and sin ruled my heart,
Causing my footsteps from God to depart;
Jesus hath found me, happy my case;
I now am a sinner, saved by grace!

Suffer a sinner whose heart overflows,
Loving his Savior to tell what he knows;
Once more to tell it would I embrace—
I’m only a sinner saved by grace!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
O Little Town of Bethlehem

1. O little town of Bethlehem,
how still we see thee lie;
above thy deep and dreamless sleep
the silent stars go by.
Yet in thy dark streets shineth
the everlasting light;
the hopes and fears of all the years
are met in thee tonight.

2. For Christ is born of Mary,
and gathered all above,
while mortals sleep, the angels keep
their watch of wondering love.
O morning stars together,
proclaim the holy birth,
and praises sing to God the king,
and peace to all on earth!

3. How silently, how silently,
the wondrous gift is given;
so God imparts to human hearts
the blessings of his heaven.
No ear may hear his coming,
but in this world of sin,
where meek souls will receive him, still
the dear Christ enters in.

4. O holy Child of Bethlehem,
descend to us, we pray;
cast out our sin, and enter in,
be born in us today.
We hear the Christmas angels
the great glad tidings tell;
o come to us, abide with us,
our Lord Emmanuel!

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"O Come O Come Emmanuel"

O come o come emmanuel
And ransom captive israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the son of god appears

Rejoice rejoice
Emmanuel shall come to thee oh israel

Oh come thou day-spring come and cheer
Our spirits by thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight

Rejoice rejoice

Oh come desire of nations bind
In one the hearts of all mankind
Bid thou our sad divisions cease
And be thyself our king of peace

Rejoice rejoice

Rejoice rejoice
Emmanuel has come
Rejoice rejoice
Emmanuel has come

Rejoice rejoice
Emmanuel has come
He has come
He has come

O come o come emmanuel
And ransom captive israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the son of god appear

Rejoice rejoice

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

1. It came upon the midnight clear,
that glorious song of old,
from angels bending near the earth
to touch their harps of gold:
"Peace on the earth, good will to men,
from heaven's all-gracious King."
The world in solemn stillness lay,
to hear the angels sing.

2. Still through the cloven skies they come
with peaceful wings unfurled,
and still their heavenly music floats
o'er all the weary world;
above its sad and lowly plains,
they bend on hovering wing,
and ever o'er its Babel sounds
the blessed angels sing.

3. And ye, beneath life's crushing load,
whose forms are bending low,
who toil along the climbing way
with painful steps and slow,
look now! for glad and golden hours
come swiftly on the wing.
O rest beside the weary road,
and hear the angels sing!

4. For lo! the days are hastening on,
by prophet seen of old,
when with the ever-circling years
shall come the time foretold
when peace shall over all the earth
its ancient splendors fling,
and the whole world send back the song
which now the angels sing.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Nearer, My God, to Thee"
Sarah Flower Adams
It retells the story of Jacob's dream. Genesis 28:11–12

Nearer my God to Thee, Nearer to Thee!
E'en tho' it be a cross that raiseth me;
Still all my song shall be,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.

Tho' like a wanderer,
The sun gone down, darkness be over me,
My rest a stone, yet in my dreams I'd be,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.

Then let the way appear, steps up to heaven;
All that Thou sendest me,
In mercy given; angels to beckon me,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.

Then, with my waking thoughts, bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs, Bethel I'll raise;
So by my woes to be,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.

Or, if on joyful wing, cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon and stars forgot, upwards I fly,
Still all my song shall be,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 1:6-7
But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort that you experience in your patient endurance of the same sufferings that we also suffer. And our hope for you is steadfast because we know that as you share in our sufferings, so also you will share in our comfort.

Once I heard a song of sweetness,
As it cleft the morning air,
Sounding in its blest completeness,
Like a tender, pleading prayer;
And I sought to find the singer,
Whence the wondrous song was borne;
And I found a bird, sore wounded,
Pinioned by a cruel thorn.

I have seen a soul in sadness,
While its wings with pain were furl’d,
Giving hope, and cheer and gladness
That should bless a weeping world;
And I knew that life of sweetness,
Was of pain and sorrow borne,
And a stricken soul was singing,
With its heart against a thorn.

Ye are told of One who loved you,
Of a Saviour crucified,
Ye are told of nails that pinioned,
And a spear that pierced His side;
Ye are told of cruel scourging,
Of a Saviour bearing scorn,
And He died for your salvation,
With His brow against a thorn.

Ye “are not above the Master.”
Will you breathe a sweet refrain?
And His grace will be sufficient,
When your heart is pierced with pain.
Will you live to bless His loved ones,
Tho’ your life be bruised and torn,
Like the bird that sang so sweetly,
With its heart against a thorn?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A 12th century hymn

Jesus, the very thought of Thee
With sweetness fills my breast;
By sweeter far Thy face to see
And in Thy presence rest.

Nor voice can sing, nor heart can frame,
Nor can the mem'ry find
A sweeter sound than Thy blessed name,
O Savior of mankind!

O hope of ev'ry contrite heart,
O joy of all the meek,
To those who fall how kind Thou art!
How good to those who seek!

But what to those who find? Ah this
Nor tongue nor pen can show -
The love of Jesus, what it is
None but His loved ones know.

Jesus, our only joy be Thou,
As Thou our prize will be;
Jesus, be Thou our glory now
And thru eternity

Upvote 0

MitchW

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2019
Trumbull
✟58,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Here is one song to have Christ be by our side and protect us:

Lyrics for "He Gives Me Strength" sung by Lauren Moscato:

When my heart is heavy burden,
So with pain, of broken life.
When the world weighs on my shoulders,
He gives me strength, he gives me strength.

I see the Lord in times of trouble,
For I know this pain shall pass.
I will see my King someday,
These fears won't last, my fears won't last.

Oh mighty God, you give me strength,
To accept things I can't change.
When I have fallen on my knees,
The Lord, my God, will carry me.

When Jesus bore my every sadness,
Took my pain upon Thy Cross,
All my hope was slowly fading and darkness came, such darkness came.
When the stone was rolled away,
No sight of Him in this room.

My Prince of Peace rolls from the grave to give me strength.

Oh mighty God, you give me strength,
To accept things I cannot change.
The Lord, My God, will carry me.
The Lord, My God, will carry me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Phos Hilaron;

O Light gladsome of the holy glory of the Immortal Father,
the Heavenly, the Holy, the Blessed, O Jesus Christ,
having come upon the setting of the sun, having seen the light of the evening,
we praise the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit: God.
Worthy it is at all times to praise Thee in joyful voices,
O Son of God, Giver of Life, for which the world glorifies Thee.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You Called Me Friend
Fred Hammond

Perfect and true, pure in all Your ways
O Lord, there is none else like You, no one like You
And all these things keep me in awe of You
And I'm overwhelmed that You would call me friend

Perfect and true, pure in all Your ways

What is a man that thou art mindful of him?
Could an awesome God find common ground within?
Just to know that You delight to be with me
Fills my heart with so much joy

Ruler of everything, You are creator, Lord and King
Willingly You have taken my debt as your own
I would gladly give all to be a servant or a slave
For I'm overwhelmed that You would call me friend, oh yeah yeah yeah

What is a man that thou art mindful of him?
Could an awesome God find common ground within?
Just to know that You delight to be with me
Fills my heart with so much joy

Perfect and true, pure in all Your way

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of the old hymns have the best teachings that the world has to offer, besides the bible. I would love to hear the lyrics to your favorites.
***Google.com has the lyrics to most song titles, just type title-hymn to narrow the search***God bless your day!
The lyrics to the old hymns are such encouragement to read and bless the reader!

Upvote 0

xxkingskidlmxx

He died for you, why not live for Him
Sep 8, 2006
✟15,293.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
What If I Stumble

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today

Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips

Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.

That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

What if I stumble?

What if I fall?

Is this one for the people?

Is this one for the Lord?

Or do I simply serenade for things I must afford?

You can jumble them together, my conflict still remains

Holiness is calling, in the midst of courting fame

Cause I see the trust in their eyes

Though the sky is falling

They need Your love in their lives

Compromise is calling

What if I stumble, what if I fall?

What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?

What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

You never turn in the heat of it all

Father please forgive me for I can not compose

The fear that lives within me

Or the rate at which it grows

If struggle has a purpose

On the narrow road you've carved

Why do I dread my trespasses will leave a deadly scar

Do they see the fear in my eyes?

Are they so revealing?

This time I cannot disguise

All the doubt I'm feeling

What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?

What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

What if I stumble?

Everyone's got to crawl when you know that

You're up against a wall, it's about to fall

Everyone's got to crawl when you know that (2x)

I hear You whispering my name [You say]

"My love for You will never change" [never change]

You never turn in the heat of it all

You are my comfort, and my God

Is this one for the people, is this one for the Lord?

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Can It Be that I Should Gain

Charles Wesley, 1707-1788​

1. And can it be that I should gain
an interest in the Savior's blood!
Died he for me? who caused his pain!
For me? who him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

One of my favorites for sure. I am like another who posted. I own many hymnals and love the songs. Occasionally I attempt to play (well any time I play the piano it is an attempt LOL) something new and soon it becomes an old favorite. I do like a few contemporary songs but I must admit not all that many. I noticed many of my most favorites have already been mentioned and many bring a tear to my eye every time I hear them. A little off topic but I will give a nod to two contemporary songs I do like, Christ Alone and a Gaither song, I Then shall live. I saw it recently on You Tube and it moved me greatly.

Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
AWAKE, MY SOUL, AND WITH THE SUN
(Thomas Ken, 1637-1711)

This is the complete hymn from which what is commonly known as "The Doxology" (or, "Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow) is taken, sung to the same melody.

Awake, my soul, and with the sun
Thy daily stage of duty run;
Shake off dull sloth, and joyful rise
To pay thy morning sacrifice.

Thy precious time mispent, redeem,
Each present day thy last esteem ;
Improve thy talent with due care,
For the great day thyself prepare.

In conversation be sincere,
Keep conscience as the noon-tide clear :
Think how all-seing God thy ways
And all thy secret thoughts surveys.