• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lupus??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen4987

Aug 6, 2007
Cardiff/Rugby
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
I was diagnosed with lupus at 13 (6 years ago) and even tho i go to clinics and hospital appointments i still have yet to talk to someone else with it. i dont really suffer many of the symptoms, i just get joint pain, depression and the skin problems, but still, it would be nice to know im not alone!

Then we could all pray together and be pretty colours! :groupray: wooo!

Much love, god bless xx

phsyxx

Aug 3, 2005
✟8,318.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was diagnosed with lupus at 13 (6 years ago) and even tho i go to clinics and hospital appointments i still have yet to talk to someone else with it. i dont really suffer many of the symptoms, i just get joint pain, depression and the skin problems, but still, it would be nice to know im not alone!

Then we could all pray together and be pretty colours! :groupray: wooo!

Much love, god bless xx

Please may you explain to me what lupus is?
Is it the kind of lupine affected disorder - anything like photosensitivity?

Upvote 0

helen4987

Aug 6, 2007
Cardiff/Rugby
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
Lupus is short for Systemic Lupus Erythematosis (tho i probably spelt that wrong). Its not really similar to photosensitivity, tho if I sit in the sun or go abroad I do tend to come out in red rash on my face called a butterfly rash...perhaps thats what u meant? i just figured with there being so many people on here there was a chance that there were other people with it on here......

much love... Hx

Upvote 0

bootsierae96

Jan 14, 2008
✟7,637.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey there!!!!

I was diagnosed when I was 16, 4 years a ago.

If you need someone to talk to about it I'm here for you.

I truly enjoy meeting other people who have conquered to wolf.

Well PM me if ya wanna chat.

Hope all is well with you. Talk to you later.

Reactions: Concetta
Upvote 0

Maidryn

Mar 12, 2008
Alberta
Visit site
✟7,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It hurts me to see that there are such young people being diagnosed with Lupus but in a way that's a good thing. My Mom has been fighting Lupus since she was 25 years old but they had NO idea what was wrong with her. Back in the early 70's it was a "new" disease and many doctors told her that it was "all in her head". Lupus can take on soooo many forms and is almost tailor made to each person who has it. Also, it can lay dormant (in remission) for several years when you barely realize you have it and then flare up it's ugly head at a later time. They know a lot more about it now (like how to diagnose it quicker) and, hopefully , they will soon have an absolute cure. It is caused when the body's immune system (the white blood cells) attack the body itself instead of just infections. The body destroys itself and eventually it can lead to all sorts of nasty things which we don't need to discuss here. But my Mom has had it for several decades and has still lived a full productive life and they are discovering new treatments almost by the minute. If I can answer any questions I'll do my best. I would also be happy to pray for anyone who needs it. I am intimately acquainted with this disease as I have been Mom's best friend and now, caregiver, through many years. If I can help, let me know.
Love always, Maidryn

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.