• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

low testosterone

jjambow

Jan 22, 2011
✟15,113.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i have been feeling alot anxiety, depression for awhile, i thought it could be my thyroid, but yesterday got back blood work, boy was i suprised, my testosteron level was 1.6 on a scale of 2.5-8.0. i wasn't even on the scale. Now i'm nervous, wondering if there is something else causing this in me. i go to back to doc today, not sure what he is going to do, please pray that God leads this visit and shows me if i'm just getting old(44) or if there is an underlying cause. thanks joe

losthope

Dec 18, 2004
✟18,607.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
i have been feeling alot anxiety, depression for awhile, i thought it could be my thyroid, but yesterday got back blood work, boy was i suprised, my testosteron level was 1.6 on a scale of 2.5-8.0. i wasn't even on the scale. Now i'm nervous, wondering if there is something else causing this in me. i go to back to doc today, not sure what he is going to do, please pray that God leads this visit and shows me if i'm just getting old(44) or if there is an underlying cause. thanks joe

There are a number of possible causes of low testosterone. I would not feel too worried about it. The worse sounding cause is a benign pituitary gland tumour. Mine was diagnosed 15 years ago and I am still healthy. I take replacement testosterone and it definitely helps, though it took some time before I started to feel the benefit. I hope that your hormones are soon back to normal.

Upvote 0
D

Dairy

Your low testosterone levels might simply be due to not getting out into the summer sunshine often enough. Or taking a vitamin D3 supplement can help also. Recall this study on Dr. Cannell's sight about sunshine and testosterone connection.

Vitamin D Council > News Archive > 2010 > Vitamin D and male sex drive

Dr Cannell replies:
I know of no studies measuring male libido and vitamin D but Dr. Wehr and colleagues, at the Medical University of Graz in Austria, just published a surprising study1 showing that testosterone levels are directly associated with vitamin D levels (measured with the DiaSorin technique) and testosterone levels vary with the seasons, in concert with vitamin D levels. Furthermore, the men with very low testosterone levels had very low vitamin D levels. This study does not prove, like any association study, that vitamin D increases testosterone levels. It may be that sun exposure in the summer is responsible for both higher vitamin D levels and higher testosterone levels. By the way, the New York Daily News got it wrong, nothing in the Wehr study talks about vitamin D increasing male libido.

Page last edited: 05 November 2010

I personally take 6000ius of vitamin D3 a day to reach a testing result between 60 to 70ng/ml.

Upvote 0

Barbaraaltman

Jan 31, 2013
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear JJambow don't worry about Testosterone levels. You can treat your Low testosterone with various methods.

Low Testosterone Treatment:
1.Testosterone replacement theory
2.Intramuscular injections, generally every two or three weeks
3.Testosterone patch worn either on the body or on the scrotum (the sac that contains the testicles)
4.Testosterone gel
5.Mucoadhesive material applied above the teeth twice a day
6.Oral tablets
7.Long-acting subcutaneous implant
8.Testosterone stick (apply like underarm deodorant)

Apart from these methods you can improve your testosterone level organically.
Ways to improve Testosterone level organically:
1. Good Life Style
2. Have a good diet
3. Relax enough
4. Do exercise
5. Stop smoking and consuming drugs and alcohol.

Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats

Hi jjambo.. Awww

God help jjambo With test. issue plez? We r rootn for ya..

Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Dear JJambow don't worry about Testosterone levels. You can treat your Low testosterone with various methods.

Low Testosterone Treatment:
1.Testosterone replacement theory
2.Intramuscular injections, generally every two or three weeks
3.Testosterone patch worn either on the body or on the scrotum (the sac that contains the testicles)
4.Testosterone gel
5.Mucoadhesive material applied above the teeth twice a day
6.Oral tablets
7.Long-acting subcutaneous implant
8.Testosterone stick (apply like underarm deodorant)

Apart from these methods you can improve your testosterone level organically.
Ways to improve Testosterone level organically:
1. Good Life Style
2. Have a good diet
3. Relax enough
4. Do exercise
5. Stop smoking and consuming drugs and alcohol.

Not blood enough is being circulated possibly.. R u fit? Like the list above?? hi btw...

Happy valentines day to alll..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
✟7,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
[FONT=&quot]Hemochromatosis, alcoholism and chronic illness,High blood pressure,High cholesterol,Obesity,Steroid exposureare the cause of low testosterone problem.[/FONT]Hormone replacement therapy [HRT] is just one option to treat andropause and its effects on the body.

Upvote 0