USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some brethren just don't study their Old Testament history as they should. Because of that, they don't know the promises and covenants to Israel that Apostle Paul was talking about in Ephesians 2 which he said believing Gentiles had come nigh to through the Blood of Christ.

Eph 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
KJV

Study in the Old Testament prophets reveals the believing Gentiles are joined in with the believing seed of Israel. So who are these liars in the Church that want to say that God's promises and covenants are no longer to His chosen 'seed' of Israel?? It's obvious those liars want to start their 'own' church against Christ and His Authority.

In final per the Old Testament prophets, God's Word shows the chosen seed of Israel being re-established back in the holy land according to God's promises to their fathers! And even that king David will be over them (Ezekiel 37). Strange how these usurpers crept into Christ's Church try to steal what God has promised His chosen while falsely claiming it's New Testament doctrine.

God Proclaiming Restoration of the Seed of Israel Back to the Holy Land (this is just one Old Testament example)...

Jer 30:23-24
23 Behold, the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until He have done it, and until He have performed the intents of His heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.

KJV

The Hebrew manuscripts don't really divide the subject in chapters, as can be seen here. The above Jeremiah 30 subject is about God's future restoration of Jacob's tents. But the above two verses point to the day of God's consuming fire upon the wicked on the "day of the Lord". That is the day our Lord Jesus returns to gather His elect Church, which this is about that regarding God's chosen seed of Israel. This subject continues into the 31st chapter...

Jer 31:1-21
1 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people.

That is about all the tribes of Israel, not just the "house of Judah". Per OT history, God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms in the days of Rehoboam, Solomon's son. The "house of Judah" represented only 3 tribes, while the northern "house of Israel" represented ten tribes. But this "all the families of Israel" here represents all 12 tribes back together as one. And the timing for this to happen is on the "day of the Lord" with Christ's return.

2 Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

The subject here now is those of the seed of Israel that were scattered in the countries among the Gentiles. Per the Book of Hosea, God said He would cause the ten tribes of the "house of Israel" to be driven into the wilderness, to new lands, where they would keep doing their Baal worship for a time, but then God would cause them to dwell safely and then take the names of Baalim out of their mouths, and they would call Him "Ishi" (Hosea 2:16). Among the Gentiles God would cause the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) to rest, until this future event of His gathering them back to the lands He promised their fathers, which will happen at Christ's return. That is where Apostle Paul called the believing Gentiles 'Lo ami" also with them as the sons of the living God (see Romans 9 and Hosea 1).

3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.
5 Thou shalt yet plant vines upon the mountains of Samaria: the planters shall plant, and shall eat them as common things.

If you don't know your OT history, you might miss some of what our Heavenly Father is pointing to about the children of Israel. He is especially pointing to the ten lost tribes of Israel here, for the city of Samaria is where their capital city and throne was setup in the northern lands of Israel. That was specific to the ten tribes God gave to Jeroboam in making him king over 'Israel' (1 Kings 11). The ten tribes were scattered first, never to return to the holy land as a people. It was a remnant of the house of Judah, the southern kingdom, that returned to Jerusalem after the Babylon captivity, not the ten lost tribes. If you don't know the Biblical/historical difference between the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel", then you probably won't understand that.

God's point there is that He is going to gather the lost ten tribes, which that would mean their offspring that believes on Jesus Christ, and believing Gentiles with them.

6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, 'Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God.
7 For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save Thy people, the remnant of Israel.'

The mount Ephraim was a place in the northern lands of Israel. Jeroboam, whom God made king over ten tribes in the north, was of the tribe of Ephraim. However, long before God had made the tribe of Judah the king tribe. So God pointing particularly to Ephraim here in connection with Israel, meaning lost ten tribe Israel, it is specific again to the "house of Israel" in the north. But when Jacob is mentioned, that means all 12 tribes involved.

8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither.
9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.

That is about God in final gathering the scattered seed of His chosen Israel, back to the lands in the middle east that He promised their fathers (when Jesus comes). Those "rivers of waters" represent His River which will be re-established in future Jerusalem per Ezekiel 47 and Revelation 22.

When God said He is a father to Israel, and Ephraim is His firstborn, that's a special relationship He chose for them. The prophecy to Joseph's son Ephraim was that His 'seed' would become "a multitude of nations". And Jacob said to let his name (Israel) be named upon Ephraim and Manasseh, the two sons of Joseph (Genesis 48). That "multitude of nations" prophecy came to pass with the establishing of the western Christian nations. That is where the ten tribes under Ephraim as the head, wound up after God scattered them. And in those areas is where The Gospel went to and was believed on large scales after the passion of Christ. From there The Gospel then went out to all other nations. Thus God's Birthright, which includes the covenants and promises He gave to Abraham, fell upon Ephraim in final, and is where God's Birthright still is today.

10 Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, 'He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
11 For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he.

Again, when Jacob is mentioned, it means all 12 tribes of Israel. That redemption will happen to the chosen seed of Israel, literally. It begins on the day of Christ's future return.

12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.
13 Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.
14 And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, saith the LORD.
15 Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.
16 Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.
17 And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border.

Ramah was a high place near Bethlehem. And "Rahel" is put for Rachel, the mother of Joseph (ten tribes) and Benjamin (Jews). God keeps repeating this how He is going to gather His chosen of Israel in final back to their own border in the holy land.

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; 'Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn Thou me, and I shall be turned; for Thou art the LORD my God.'

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
20 Is Ephraim My dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore My bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
21 Set thee up waymarks, make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the highway, even the way which thou wentest: turn again, O virgin of Israel, turn again to these thy cities.
KJV

Ephraim says to God, that He chastised him. Ephraim then asks God to turn him back to Him, and he would be turned. And after he is turned back to God, he repents. And after he is instructed, Ephraim hit his thigh (in shame), because he will bear his reproach. Then in verse 20, God shows how He still remembers Ephraim as His son and a pleasant child. God said He will have mercy on Ephraim. This is interesting to note, because in those sealed with God's seal for the end per Revelation 7, the tribe of Ephraim is left out.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Sunshinee777

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Study in the Old Testament prophets reveals the believing Gentiles are joined in with the believing seed of Israel.

Yes believing Israel who believe in Jesus.

There is only one way of salvation and that is through Jesus.
Not a second way of earning salvation through following the OT laws as they point to Jesus.

All Israel will be All those who believe in Jesus.

Just as those returning from exile who couldn't prove they were descended from Jews were excluded from temple worship so All who do not believe in Jesus as John 3:18 says, are already condemned.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some brethren just don't study their Old Testament history as they should. Because of that, they don't know the promises and covenants to Israel that Apostle Paul was talking about in Ephesians 2 which he said believing Gentiles had come nigh to through the Blood of Christ.

Eph 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
KJV

Study in the Old Testament prophets reveals the believing Gentiles are joined in with the believing seed of Israel. So who are these liars in the Church that want to say that God's promises and covenants are no longer to His chosen 'seed' of Israel?? It's obvious those liars want to start their 'own' church against Christ and His Authority.

In final per the Old Testament prophets, God's Word shows the chosen seed of Israel being re-established back in the holy land according to God's promises to their fathers! And even that king David will be over them (Ezekiel 37). Strange how these usurpers crept into Christ's Church try to steal what God has promised His chosen while falsely claiming it's New Testament doctrine.

God Proclaiming Restoration of the Seed of Israel Back to the Holy Land (this is just one Old Testament example)...

Jer 30:23-24
23 Behold, the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until He have done it, and until He have performed the intents of His heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.

KJV

The Hebrew manuscripts don't really divide the subject in chapters, as can be seen here. The above Jeremiah 30 subject is about God's future restoration of Jacob's tents. But the above two verses point to the day of God's consuming fire upon the wicked on the "day of the Lord". That is the day our Lord Jesus returns to gather His elect Church, which this is about that regarding God's chosen seed of Israel. This subject continues into the 31st chapter...

Jer 31:1-21
31 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people.

That is about all the tribes of Israel, not just the "house of Judah". Per OT history, God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms in the days of Rehoboam, Solomon's son. The "house of Judah" represented only 3 tribes, while the northern "house of Israel" represented ten tribes. But this "all the families of Israel" here represents all 12 tribes back together as one. And the timing for this to happen is on the "day of the Lord" with Christ's return.

2 Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

The subject here now is those of the seed of Israel that were scattered in the countries among the Gentiles. Per the Book of Hosea, God said He would cause the ten tribes of the "house of Israel" to be driven into the wilderness, to new lands, where they would keep doing their Baal worship for a time, but then God would cause them to dwell safely and then take the names of Baalim out of their mouths, and they would call Him "Ishi" (Hosea 2:16). Among the Gentiles God would cause the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) to rest, until this future event of His gathering them back to the lands He promised their fathers, which will happen at Christ's return. That is where Apostle Paul called the believing Gentiles 'Lo ami" also with them as the sons of the living God (see Romans 9 and Hosea 1).

3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.
5 Thou shalt yet plant vines upon the mountains of Samaria: the planters shall plant, and shall eat them as common things.

If you don't know your OT history, you might miss some of what our Heavenly Father is pointing to about the children of Israel. He is especially pointing to the ten lost tribes of Israel here, for the city of Samaria is where their capital city and throne was setup in the northern lands of Israel. That was specific to the ten tribes God gave to Jeroboam in making him king over 'Israel' (1 Kings 11). The ten tribes were scattered first, never to return to the holy land as a people. It was a remnant of the house of Judah, the southern kingdom, that returned to Jerusalem after the Babylon captivity, not the ten lost tribes. If you don't know the Biblical/historical difference between the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel", then you probably won't understand that.

God's point there is that He is going to gather the lost ten tribes, which that would mean their offspring that believes on Jesus Christ, and believing Gentiles with them.

6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, 'Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God.
7 For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save Thy people, the remnant of Israel.'

The mount Ephraim was a place in the northern lands of Israel. Jeroboam, whom God made king over ten tribes in the north, was of the tribe of Ephraim. However, long before God had made the tribe of Judah the king tribe. So God pointing particularly to Ephraim here in connection with Israel, meaning lost ten tribe Israel, it is specific again to the "house of Israel" in the north. But when Jacob is mentioned, that means all 12 tribes involved.

8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither.
9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.

That is about God in final gathering the scattered seed of His chosen Israel, back to the lands in the middle east that He promised their fathers (when Jesus comes). Those "rivers of waters" represent His River which will be re-established in future Jerusalem per Ezekiel 47 and Revelation 22.

When God said He is a father to Israel, and Ephraim is His firstborn, that's a special relationship He chose for them. The prophecy to Joseph's son Ephraim was that His 'seed' would become "a multitude of nations". And Jacob said to let his name (Israel) be named upon Ephraim and Manasseh, the two sons of Joseph (Genesis 48). That "multitude of nations" prophecy came to pass with the establishing of the western Christian nations. That is where the ten tribes under Ephraim as the head, wound up after God scattered them. And in those areas is where The Gospel went to and was believed on large scales after the passion of Christ. From there The Gospel then went out to all other nations. Thus God's Birthright, which includes the covenants and promises He gave to Abraham, fell upon Ephraim in final, and is where God's Birthright still is today.

10 Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, 'He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
11 For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he.

Again, when Jacob is mentioned, it means all 12 tribes of Israel. That redemption will happen to the chosen seed of Israel, literally. It begins on the day of Christ's future return.

12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.
13 Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.
14 And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, saith the LORD.
15 Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.
16 Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.
17 And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border.

Ramah was a high place near Bethlehem. And "Rahel" is put for Rachel, the mother of Joseph (ten tribes) and Benjamin (Jews). God keeps repeating this how He is going to gather His chosen of Israel in final back to their own border in the holy land.

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; 'Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn Thou me, and I shall be turned; for Thou art the LORD my God.'

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
20 Is Ephraim My dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore My bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
21 Set thee up waymarks, make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the highway, even the way which thou wentest: turn again, O virgin of Israel, turn again to these thy cities.
KJV

Ephraim says to God, that He chastised him. Ephraim then asks God to turn him back to Him, and he would be turned. And after he is turned back to God, he repents. And after he is instructed, Ephraim hit his thigh (in shame), because he will bear his reproach. Then in verse 20, God shows how He still remembers Ephraim as His son and a pleasant child. God said He will have mercy on Ephraim. This is interesting to note, because in those sealed with God's seal for the end per Revelation 7, the tribe of Ephraim is left out.
So is the "New Covenant " a lie ?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

— Jeremiah 31:31–34

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of Israel found in Matthew 1:1

The promise was made to the one seed, instead of the many seeds, in Galatians 3:16

Christians are "Abraham's seed" in inheritors of the promise, based on Galatians 3:27-29

The land belongs to "the son" in Matthew chapter 21. It does not belong to those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone"

When the Lord of the vineyard came and destroyed them, The kingdom was taken from the nation which rejected the "chief cornerstone" and given to the "holy nation" which accepts the "chief cornerstone" 1 Peter 2:4-10, Matthew 21:40-45

Based on the above, who are those really teaching "Replacement Theology"?

You are correct. It is an easy decision.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, the modern “Two Peoples of God” doctrine falls apart.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes believing Israel who believe in Jesus.

There is only one way of salvation and that is through Jesus.
Not a second way of earning salvation through following the OT laws as they point to Jesus.

All Israel will be All those who believe in Jesus.

Just as those returning from exile who couldn't prove they were descended from Jews were excluded from temple worship so All who do not believe in Jesus as John 3:18 says, are already condemned.

Yes, Apostle Paul was clear in Romans 11 that those of the seed of Israel must not remain in unbelief in order to receive God's promises to them that He first gave them through His Old Testament prophets.

John 3:18 is also true, but none of us know who all among the unbelievers will remain in unbelief. So it is conceited for any Christian brother/sister at this point to say any unbeliever is already condemned to perish.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So is the "New Covenant " a lie ?

Of course not!

The problem with many brethren about this, is that they don't understand how God scattered the ten tribes of Israel first among the Gentiles, and He turned that into a blessing among the Gentiles. It's because after the small remnant of the "house of Judah" at Jerusalem rejected Jesus as The Christ, The Gospel was then sent to those lost sheep ten tribes of the house of Israel scattered mainly in Asia Minor and Europe. And they would become the "multitude of nations" that Joseph's son Ephraim was promised to become per Genesis 48. Those would eventually become the historical western Christian nations. This is what many brethren fail to understand, and that it is Bible prophecy. God's Promises and covenants followed them too in that Christian nation establishing. Christ's enemies don't want those in the Church to know this.

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a view on all this that some/many/most of you will find strange.

1. God eloped with twelve-tribed Israel at His mountain in Midian. He helped her pack and leave Egypt, and they took their vows at the mountain.

2. All was good for a time, but first Israel, then Judah, went after other gods, and God looked on it as adultery. When He had had enough, He sent them packing and divorced them both. Did He not say that He was husband to two sisters?

3. Now God was stuck - the very Law He gave to Moses stated that He was not free to remarry until He or the wives died. How to solve it??

4. One of God's purposes in the death of Jesus the Christ was to free Himself from the restraint of the marriage bond, so God could legally take His wives back.

5. When Israel and Judah are "one in His hand," God will have taken them back...as the Bride of Christ. Happily ever after.

6. It's late, I'm tired, Scripture quotes tomorrow...maybe. G'night.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So it is conceited for any Christian brother/sister at this point to say any unbeliever is already condemned to perish.

No the conceit is yours. John 3:18 is Jesus's words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No the conceit is yours. John 3:18 is Jesus's words.

Yes, Apostle Paul was clear in Romans 11 that those of the seed of Israel must not remain in unbelief in order to receive God's promises to them that He first gave them through His Old Testament prophets. The conceited don't believe this contrary to the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There's no such thing as "ten lost tribes". Many fled into Judah, some were taken into captivity and likely assimilated into the broader Assyrian whole; and some likely stayed around and possibly are the ancestors of the Samaritans.

The myth of the ten lost tribes is just that, a myth. One that has resulted in all manner of crackpot theories.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's no such thing as "ten lost tribes". Many fled into Judah, some were taken into captivity and likely assimilated into the broader Assyrian whole; and some likely stayed around and possibly are the ancestors of the Samaritans.

The myth of the ten lost tribes is just that, a myth. One that has resulted in all manner of crackpot theories.

-CryptoLutheran

Ha, ha, that's funny!

Ezek 37:16-28
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, 'For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions': then take another stick, and write upon it, 'For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions':

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, 'Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?'

19 Say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in Mine hand.

20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

21 And say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.

24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
KJV

For others that made it this far in reading the above Scripture, here's a Biblical explanation.

When God is using that allegory of putting two sticks together, it is about the re-joining of the two houses of the old nation of Israel that He split into two separate kingdoms back in the days of Solomon's son (1 Kings 11 forward).

1. "For Judah": The southern kingdom at Jerusalem/Judea was called the "house of Judah" which what the stick above labeled "For Judah" stands for. These were only the 3 tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi, and some small remnants of the ten northern tribes that refused Jeroboam's calf idols in the north, and instead went south to Jerusalem and joined with Judah.

2. "For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim": The northern kingdom with its capital at Samaria was called the "house of Israel". These made up the majority of the tribes of Israel living in the northern lands. Their king that God made was Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim, so the tribe of Ephraim became their head tribe, like Judah was the head tribe over the southern kingdom.

Per 2 Kings 17, God brought the kings of Assyria upon the ten northern tribe "house of Israel", and took them all out of the land, captive to the lands of Assyria and land of the Medes, never to return as a people. Per God's promise to scatter His people among the Gentiles if they forgot Him and worshiped idols, what God warned He caused to come to pass. The ten tribes would forget their heritage as part of Israel, and they were the larger part of Israel. They would loose knowledge of God's feasts, sabbaths, and new moons, and become as Gentiles living among Gentiles.

To this day, the majority of them do not know who they are, nor does Judah know. It's like Judah and the world would just as well forget about them, but God has not forgotten about them, and knows where they are today, and has promised to gather them back to the lands He promised their fathers, in final. This Ezekiel 37 prophecy has NEVER happened. It is still future, and will only happen at Christ's future return on the last day of this present world. And this Ezekiel 37 Scripture is not the only Old Testament Scripture about this return of all the 12 tribes of Israel back to the holy land in final.

How do we know for sure that Ezekiel 37 prophecy is for the future still? Simple, because it includes king David being setup in the holy land again over all of them. Jerusalem has had no king of the house of David there since Zedekiah king of Judah was executed by Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, in the days of Jeremiah the prophet. Thus dating this is easy. So is this following prophecy easy to date for the future when Jesus returns, and links to this Ezekiel 37 one...

Amos 9:9-11
9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of My people shall die by the sword, which say, 'The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.'

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

KJV

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God has only one "Israel" (Galatians 6:16,) those who believe in his Son, who are the one olive tree of God's people going back to Abraham; i.e., the church of both OT and NT saints (Hebrews 12:22-24).
And that will not change to the end of time, when Christ returns for the Final Judgment.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The salvation name Israel and God's promises won't change after Jesus returns either. Christ promised His Apostles they each will sit upon a throne judging the 12 tribes of Israel. Starting in Ezekiel 47 and into Ezekiel 48 is the layout of the future 12 tribes of Israel gathered back to the holy lands.

Israel is the Salvation name given to Jacob to represent the Promises God first gave to Abraham. It represents those who 'overcome' with God's help. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is included in that to Abraham and his seed through Isaac. So what if not all those of Israel believed, it did not annul The Gospel to the believers among them, nor to believing Gentiles.

1. God gave Abraham promises, Abraham believed Him, and God counted it to Abraham as righteousness. This was the Promise by Faith and involved The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and other promises. Lord Jesus said Abraham rejoiced to see His day (John 8). These promises are God's Birthright to the seed that Jesus would be born through.

2. God's promises to Abraham continued to his son Isaac.

3. God's promises continued to Isaac's son Jacob. Jacob wrestled with The Angel and prevailed, and thus was blessed with the new name 'Israel' which means to overcome with God's help. Jacob's name of Jacob would still be used after the new name of Israel was given him, which shows the new name Israel is tied to God's promises first given to Abraham, and involves the Promise by Faith. God told Jacob that of his seed He would make "a nation, and a company of nations" (Genesis 35).

4. God's Birthright promises then continued with Jacob's son Joseph, as the elder Reuben slept with one of Jacob's concubines and lost God's Birthright (1 Chronicles 5).

5. Joseph's eleven brethren were jealous of him, so they smeared blood on his coat his father Jacob had made for him, and told their father that Joseph was dead. They placed Joseph in a pit while deciding what to do with him, and some Midianite merchants came by and took Joseph into Egypt, and sold him into slavery. Joseph progressed with God's help, and became second ruler in Egypt because of God interpreting Pharaoh's dream through Joseph. The rest of Joseph's brethren came to Egypt to buy grain and Joseph disguised himself among his brethren. They all were eventually joined back together, in Egypt. Joseph had two sons while in Egypt, Ephraim the younger, and Manasseh the elder.

6. At Jacob's deathbed, he blessed Joseph's two sons, and said to let his name (Israel) be named upon the two lads (Ephraim and Manasseh). The younger Ephraim would receive the main part of God's Birthright from Jacob, a promise that Ephraim's seed would become "a multitude of nations" (Gen.48). Manasseh would also be "great" was promised by Jacob. Thus God's Birthright promises first to Abraham were transferred finally down to Ephraim and Manasseh, and that is where God's Birthright still is today (1 Chronicles 5). That Birthright includes the Promise by Faith involving Faith on Jesus Christ.

7. Thus God showed the believers of His chosen of Israel about His Salvation Plan, with His Savior, and they would look for Him. His prophets would write of Him (king David being one of those prophets, who prophesied of Christ's crucifixion in Psalms 22 about a thousand years before it happened).

8. The twelve tribes of Israel would be in slavery in Egypt, and God would lead them out to the promised lands. There He exalted them per His promises, and became a multitude and "a nation". From the tribe of Judah came the chief ruler (1 Chronicles 5), and Jerusalem would be Israel's capital. The tribes of Judah and Benjamin were the main tribes living in the southern land, and the ten tribes lived mainly in the northern lands of Israel.

9. In Solomon's days, God split the nation of Israel into two separate kingdoms, this because Solomon disobeyed Him in allowing his many wives to bring in pagan idols among Israel (1 Kings 11). So God rent the kingdom from Rehoboam, Solomon's son of the house of David in Jerusalem. God gave ten tribes to Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim, and he became king over the ten tribes in the northern lands of Israel. The southern kingdom was called by the names, "house of Judah", "Jerusalem", "kingdom of Judah", "Judah", etc. It finally consisted of the three tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi, and a small remnant of the northern tribes that refused Jeroboam's calf idols in the north.

10. The northern kingdom with its capital at Samaria in the north was known by the names of, "house of Israel", "kingdom of Israel", "Samaria", "Joseph", "Ephraim", etc. Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim had been appointed as overseer of the northern ten tribes during Solomon's time as king. They had a falling out so Ephraim fled to Egypt away from Solomon. When God rent the kingdom Ephraim came back. When God made Jeroboam king over Israel (ten northern tribes), Jeroboam then setup two golden calf idols in the north for the children of Israel to worship instead of going down to Jerusalem, which was the proper worship at that time. Jeroboam also made common priests of the people, and this made the Levites in the north to move down to Jerusalem with Judah. A small remnant of the ten tribes also refused the calf idols and went south and joined with Judah. Those in the south of the kingdom of Judah became known as 'Jews', that name taken from the tribe of Judah.

11. The two Israelite kingdoms then had war against each other, until God removed all the ten northern tribe kingdom captive to Assyria and the lands of the Medes (2 Kings 17). The ten tribe kingdom of Israel still kept to false idol worship of Jeroboam's calf idols, so God scattered them per His warnings in Deuteronomy 4 and 28. Only the house of Judah kingdom was left in the land. The ten tribes under Ephraim would then lose knowledge of their heritage as Israel, and become as Gentiles living among Gentiles, and further scattered in the countries.

12. The kingdom of Judah then began to fall away from God. In the days of Jeremiah the prophet, God brought Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon upon Jerusalem/Judea, and destroyed the temple and city, and took the house of Judah captive to Babylon. This was by God's hand because of their rebellion against Him. He told them to go, and that their captivity would last 70 years, and that He would take care of them while in their captivity, which He did; they increased in Babylon, built houses and vineyards, etc.

13. After the 70 years Babylon captivity of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, Levi, and strangers with them, only a small remnant of them would return to Jerusalem to rebuild the city and 2nd temple. The majority of them chose to stay in Babylon, because of how God had blessed them there, and then they were further scattered through the countries.

14. The Books of Ezra and Nehemiah tells us who among the house of Judah that returned to Jerusalem from the Babylon captivity. This did not involve the return of the ten scattered tribes at all. The ten tribes remain scattered beyond Euphrates. With that small remnant of the house of Judah that returned, there were foreigners that had become priests while in Babylon, and Nethinim temple servant leftovers from the Canaanite nations that Israel was not able to destroy per God's commandment. By this time the Kenite peoples of the nations of Canaan had taken over the job as scribes, control of the letter of God's written Word (1 Chronicles 2:55). And many of the leaders among the house of Judah had taken wives of the Canaanites during the Babylon captivity. This is the time period when the religion of Judaism began with usage of the Babylonian Talmud instead of staying specifically in God's Word. The Talmud was made up of philosophical sage writings loosely based on Torah, including ideas not in God's Word at all. Thus the religion of the house of Judah fell into corruption during the Babylon captivity.

15. Christ's enemies were prepared to counter Him at His 1st coming, which helped provide the way for His crucifixion by the Jews in Jerusalem (remember, the ten tribes were not there in this time. They were still beyond Euphrates). Certain ones (false Jews of the crept in unawares of Jude 1) among the scribes of Pharisees were always after Him to trap Him, so they could have Him crucified. This isn't taught in the Churches, but it should be, as the priesthood and scribe positions by that time had been taken over by the crept in Canaanites and Kenites of Canaan, foreigners not born of Israel at all. Not all the Pharisees sought to kill Lord Jesus (like Nicodemus who provided spices for Jesus' burial).

16. During that time, the majority of the 12 tribes of Israel had been scattered in the countries. The majority of the ten northern tribes captive to Assyria would eventually migrate westward into the lands of Asia Minor and Europe, crossing the Caucasus Mountains north of the Black Sea, becoming known as Caucasians. These were the Cimmerian and Scythian tribes, which one can find much written about them in the field of Anthropology.

17. The Cimmerians and Scythians (lost Israel) brought their names of Baali worship with them into the western nations. Depending on which area of Asia Minor and Europe, each area had a different name for the old Baal idol worship. Here in the west they would become established, and multiply.

18. When Jesus was rejected in Jerusalem and crucified, His disciples then went out to preach The Gospel to the nations per His commandment. Apostle Paul tried to go to Asia with The Gospel of Jesus Christ, but The Holy Spirit prevented him. Lord Jesus had said that He was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. That especially meant the ten lost tribes of the "house of Israel" scattered among the Gentiles in the West. And that is primarily where Christ's Apostles wound up preaching The Gospel, in Asia Minor and Europe. That is how... the western Christian nations came into existence.

19. When king Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon conquered the kingdom of Judah at Jerusalem, he took Zedekiah, king of the house of Judah captive to Babylon, where he died. And all of Zedekiah's son heirs were killed also. This left only "the king's daughters" as heirs, which were in the care of Jeremiah the prophet who was taken in Egypt by bandits. In Egypt at Tahpanhes is where history about Jeremiah and the king's daughters end. But prophecy of what Jeremiah was to accomplish per God's ordaining did not end in Egypt. Thus the king of Babylon destroyed the city of Jerusalem and the temple, and ended the king line of Judah of the house of Judah, in Jerusalem. To this day there has never been one of the house of Judah to sit on a throne in Jerusalem.

20. In Genesis 49:10, Jacob promised his son Judah that his seed would never end sitting upon the throne, until Shiloh comes, and to Him would the gathering of the people be. Per 2 Samuel 7, God promised to David that one of his seed would always sit upon the throne of Israel unto all... generations. This means ultimately, that one born of the house of David MUST... still be sitting upon David's throne on this earth, even today!

21. In Genesis 48, it was promised to Ephraim that his seed would become "a multitude of nations". Jacob transferred this blessings from God to Ephraim, because had told Jacob that his seed would become "a nation, and a company of nations". This promise was never... fulfilled in the holy lands. There has only ever been but one nation... of Israel... established in the holy land, even today. So where are these "multitude of nations" that fulfill that prophecy? They are in the Christian West. That's who these lineages of European kings and queens are, from the old house of David from scattered Ephraim (and ten tribes) and Judah, and the king's daughters. In the Annals of the Four Masters, an ancient Irish document, one named Scota as Pharaoh's daughter is mentioned. What is that doing in the ancient writing of Ireland?

22. With the Scottish Declaration of Independence called the Declaration of Arborath, they linked their heritage from the migrations of Israel:

"Most Holy Father, we know and from the chronicles and books of the ancients we find
that among other famous nations our own, the Scots, has been graced with widespread
renown. It journeyed from Greater Scythia by way of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the
Pillars of Hercules, and dwelt for a long course of time in Spain among the most savage
peoples, but nowhere could it be subdued by any people, however barbarous. Thence
it came, twelve hundred years after the people of Israel crossed the Red Sea, to its
home in the west where it still lives today....

The high qualities and merits of these people, were they not otherwise manifest, shine
forth clearly enough from this: that the King of kings and Lord of lords, our Lord Jesus
Christ, after His Passion and Resurrection, called them, even though settled in the
uttermost parts of the earth, almost the first to His most holy faith. Nor did He wish
them to be confirmed in that faith by merely anyone but by the first of His Apostles -
by calling, though second or third in rank - the most gentle Saint Andrew, the Blessed
Peter’s brother, and desired him to keep them under his protection as their patron for
ever." (The Declaration of Arbroath, from the National Records of Scotland; https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files...of-arbroath-transcription-and-translation.pdf)

23. Thus God with those of lost Israel scattered to the West began to take away the names of Baali out of their mouths, and they would begin to do away with the Baal idols they rebelled against God with, and they would begin to call Him "Ishi" (Hosea 1). Ancient Britain with the Culdee Church was actually the first Christian Church established in the West after the Passion of Christ. God accomplished His promises to the 'seed' of Israel, and those promises still continue among them to this day, in Christ Jesus even!

24. From the Christian West went ambassadors to the rest of the nations preaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ to them. And many Gentile peoples have been added to Christ's Church, both in the historical Christian West, and in their allied nations in the free world, and even hidden among third-world nations that have governments that are against Jesus Christ.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The salvation name Israel and God's promises won't change after Jesus returns either.
The authoritative NT teaching of Peter tells us in Acts 3:21 that Jesus "must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything," which is the new heavens and new earth, the home of righteousness he tells us about in 2 Peter 3:10-13; and which John tells us about in Revelation 21:1-4, where there is no death because it is eternity; and which Isaiah 65:17ff, 66:22 tells us about (cf Matthew 19:28; Romans 8:20-23; 1 Corinthians 15:51-55; Philippians 3:20-21; Colossians 3:4; 2 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 John 3:2).

Hebrews 9:26-28 teaches the same thing, that there will be no appearing of Jesus prior to his coming in judgment, for Christ appears but twice, once to atone and once to judge, and not in between. Just as man dies once and then faces judgment, so Christ appears once to die and once to judge, at which time "he will bring salvation," the redemption of our bodies in the resurrection (Romans 8:22-23)

So authoritative NT teaching that there will be no appearing of Jesus prior to his coming to restore all things
(2 Peter 3:13) at the Judgment (Hebrews 9:26-28) at the end of time (Revelation 21:1-4) is not in agreement with your personal interpretation of prophetic riddles (Numbers 12:8).

Authoritative NT teaching governs.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Apostle Paul was clear in Romans 11 that those of the seed of Israel must not remain in unbelief in order to receive God's promises to them that He first gave them through His Old Testament prophets. The conceited don't believe this contrary to the Scriptures.

If you mean, Only those Jews who are Christian will be saved then I agree.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Zion was the fortress of David in the Old Covenant Age.

To locate the Zion of the New Covenant Age, ask what function of Christian leadership screams: KING!

Then it may become apparent.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The authoritative NT teaching of Peter tells us in Acts 3:21 that Jesus "must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything," which is the new heavens and new earth, the home of righteousness he tells us about in 2 Peter 3:10-13; and which John tells us about in Revelation 21:1-4, where there is no death because it is eternity; and which Isaiah 65:17ff, 66:22 tells us about (cf Matthew 19:28; Romans 8:20-23;
1 Corinthians 15:51-55; Philippians 3:20-21; Colossians 3:4; 2 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 John 3:2).

No, you are ADDING to that Scripture, because Peter is only giving a type 'summary' with the Acts 3:21 verse:

Acts 3:20-21
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
KJV

Peter was pointing to Christ's return, His 2nd coming, but not immediately to the new heavens and a new earth, because God's prophets which Peter pointed to for evidence of that 'restitution' also covers a time of Christ's future "thousand years" reign over the wicked.

The OT prophets simply doesn't give the "thousand years" detail like Rev.20 does and that's all, but the reign over the wicked is still there in the OT prophets. When the new heavens and a new earth time comes, the wicked will have already been destroyed. So for what you... say to be true, then it would have to mean Peter disagree with the very Old Testament prophets he used to support that 'restitution of all things"!!!

You're just not thinking.

Upvote 0