Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not Just Bikes has put out an intresting little video on "Third Places". A third place is the place you go out side your home (First Place) and work (Second Place) to relax and socialize cheaply. For me, after college it was the local game store, but those are going away and becoming more expensive. There is no good local space in my suberbia, and I think many of us who live in suberbia don't have one.

We need to look at losening our zoning laws to allow new third places, small shops and business that people can hang out at. I think all of us staying at home on the internet is driving us crazy.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Not Just Bikes has put out an intresting little video on "Third Places". A third place is the place you go out side your home (First Place) and work (Second Place) to relax and socialize cheaply. For me, after college it was the local game store, but those are going away and becoming more expensive. There is no good local space in my suberbia, and I think many of us who live in suberbia don't have one.

We need to look at losening our zoning laws to allow new third places, small shops and business that people can hang out at. I think all of us staying at home on the internet is driving us crazy.

I love that guys channel.

As a compulsory pedestrian, I favor human-centered development of cities and towns. America desperately need places for real community to happen.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My third place in suburbia was the park. The one next door to me didn't allow dogs so I had to drive to walk the dog - but it was a great park.

Now I live in a small city. The front of the house is city but the back is a river - so really the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's one problem: traffic. That's an issue behind zoning on some places.

Upvote 0