Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A couple of years ago I lost a very close friend to a heart attack, 39 years of age. He wasn't a Christian, but a warm hearted, loving person. I feel depressed, because I can see no hope. Some Christians have told me that he might have come to faith just before his death, I feel there's not much chance of that, that believing that would be a bit of a childish hope. I'm just realistic.

I see no hope. Jesus word echos in my head: "For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, those who find it are few."

Before I was a Christian I was a Buddhist. I was always happy. Had meaning and hope in my life, hope for every person, every living being. Now as a Christian I'm just depressed thinking that most people (even friends and family) won't make it to heaven. It's not that I will go back to Buddhism since I know Christianity is true. I just can't handle it. I live, without really living.

And I'm afraid of coming closer to Christ, because if I do I just think that I will be even more sure that most people won't make it. All I do is tell the person inside of me to be quiet, that it's not true, then it feels like I'm only trying to trick myself into believing something that isn't biblical like universal salvation.

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry about your friend. Were you or anyone else
with him when he died? He could have realized he
was very ill first and believed on Jesus Christ.

Thank you! I was not with him. He was skiing.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of years ago I lost a very close friend to a heart attack, 39 years of age. He wasn't a Christian, but a warm hearted, loving person. I feel depressed, because I can see no hope. Some Christians have told me that he might have come to faith just before his death, I feel there's not much chance of that, that believing that would be a bit of a childish hope. I'm just realistic.

I see no hope. Jesus word echos in my head: "For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, those who find it are few."

Before I was a Christian I was a Buddhist. I was always happy. Had meaning and hope in my life, hope for every person, every living being. Now as a Christian I'm just depressed thinking that most people (even friends and family) won't make it to heaven. It's not that I will go back to Buddhism since I know Christianity is true. I just can't handle it. I live, without really living.

And I'm afraid of coming closer to Christ, because if I do I just think that I will be even more sure that most people won't make it. All I do is tell the person inside of me to be quiet, that it's not true, then it feels like I'm only trying to trick myself into believing something that isn't biblical like universal salvation.

How often do you proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to others? Do you want to see them saved? If you know the gospel, this should drive you to proclaim your faith, not drive you to depression.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but you must reach out to the living now, while there is still time for them.

• Agree
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was anyone with him at the end...family...doctors?

I don't know much about his death, because he was visiting his family up north which I have never met or talked to. I don't know more than it was an heart attack when he was skiiing.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you know the gospel, this should drive you to proclaim your faith, not drive you to depression

Maybe it should, but it doesn't. I don't know when I started struggling with this, but it's a few years ago. But I do share the gospel. So far one person has come to Christ, but I don't know what part I played in it.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The reason I asked you is because God could have sent just the right person to speak to him as he was dying, or he could have known he was leaving his body and become a believer. We just don't know. You need to continue on with your life growing more and more in your Christian walk.

I like to believe that. Sometimes I just lose hope you know...

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Having had an NDE, it seems in my life/age then about 30/showed me that there can be time to realize that you are dying -as to moving out of your body-took your last breath.

Would you like to tell me a little more about the NDE?

I got the news from a friend of his. I don't know how he got the information. Then my mom found his death notice in the paper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for sharing vinsight4u! I believe in NDE, though I have never experienced it. So yes, maybe we could accept Jesus as our savior even after we have left our body. The closest thing to an NDE I have experienced was during an surgery. Everything was dark, the only thing I remember was my thought: "You can't leave now." It was like I could make a decision to leave the body at that momement, but I wanted to stay.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When non-believers die I think of Romans 2.

You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things. Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things? Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?
But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. For a day of anger is coming, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. He will judge everyone according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness. There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on doing what is evil—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.
When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God’s written law. And the Jews, who do have God’s law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it. For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight. Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right. And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life.

Do I think that the unsaved will be welcomed into Heaven? No... but I could be wrong. Jesus said "Nobody comes unto the Father but by me." So does that preclude the Father's kingdom, or merely His presence? If those outside of the law are judged outside of the law, and if they be pure of heart despite having never heard of Jesus, according to Paul they will be judged by a different standard as those who reject Christ. Maybe they will escape hell and have a place in heaven, just not as close to God.

This is a matter of interpretation; a hopeful maybe for the family of the lost. Better to make sure you have a home in Heaven by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior and living in such a way as to give praise to Him. Beyond that, trust that God is good and His mercy is without end to those who seek it. We don't know the hearts of others and so we are not in the position to make judgement. It is their decision to accept or reject the Lord. The consequence of their sins are theirs alone.

We should strive to not only be accepted into Heaven, but to be exalted in Heaven. We do that by serving the lord humbly here on earth, and by spreading His word to those we encounter.

Upvote 0