Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was saved at the Church Of God in Hiawasse, Ga. Yet all churches today say they are the true (one) church, therefore making it (hard to join the right church). The same thought with the bible some scripture is true and some scription is questioned as maybe true causing more questions. Why do all these churches claim they are the true church? Queston ?

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Advertising. There is not, and never was, any acceptable reason for the claim.

Let me make it worse, what we do on Sunday mornings (or whatever other day we prefer) is not what is prescribed in Scripture. While I can understand historically why it changed, this also complicates the issue.

Okay, you can start throwing things at me, now, I will duck.

Upvote 0

Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Let me make it worse, what we do on Sunday mornings (or whatever other day we prefer) is not what is prescribed in Scripture. While I can understand historically why it changed, this also complicates the issue.

Upvote 0

Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I understand, for every good there has to be a bad, it is called Satan. For knowledge there is the dictionary and thesaurus. One times one is two.one-one =0. There has to be good and bad in everything except God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, they are the good and Satan is the evil bad one. Question ?

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was saved at the Church Of God in Hiawasse, Ga. Yet all churches today say they are the true (one) church, therefore making it (hard to join the right church).

Not all churches say they are the one true church. A number of churches (including mine) acknowledge that Christianity has splintered, and so our Episcopal church is one piece of the larger Christian church. It is possible to disagree with other Christians with humility, knowing that while we make our best theological guesses, there are many questions that only God knows the answer to, and our own answers may be wrong.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, I certainly would not be "throwing things" at what you said, brother, for I agree. I think the site I often refer to at www.biblecounsel.net is at times needing to duck, because many do not want to bow to God; but it faithfully states what Scripture shows God intended for His testimony, I believe. I much appreciate that, and recommend it to all serious seekers. Now, maybe I will need to "duck".

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I certainly would not be "throwing things" at what you said, brother, for I agree. I think the site I often refer to at www.biblecounsel.net is at times needing to duck, because many do not want to bow to God; but it faithfully states what Scripture shows God intended for His testimony, I believe. I much appreciate that, and recommend it to all serious seekers. Now, maybe I will need to "duck".
Shall we stand back to back when the throwing starts, and help each other?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly one CAN know by trusting the true Gospel ---noting such as John 14; 1 Jn. 5:10-13; etc. One might also ask self if they are devoted to the Lord Jesus --the Christ of God. Salvation is in knowing Him and making Him lord of their life. The Spirit will settle one in that truth. Otherwise all one can have is a religious ideology.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was saved at the Church Of God in Hiawasse, Ga. Yet all churches today say they are the true (one) church, therefore making it (hard to join the right church). The same thought with the bible some scripture is true and some scription is questioned as maybe true causing more questions. Why do all these churches claim they are the true church? Queston ?

Question, there is indeed only one Church. Read and study the lives of the early Church Fathers who compiled the New and Old Testament into a book Called Bible and there you will find the one Church founded by Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Question, there is indeed only one Church. Read and study the lives of the early Church Fathers who compiled the New and Old Testament into a book Called Bible and there you will find the one Church founded by Christ.
There is indeed only one church. Defining it is the problem, but that has to be done according to which assemblies adhere to the teachings of Jesus, not to any particular organization as though the church of Christ were a club instead of a movement or cause.

That (club, secret society, etc.) was the style of the many "mystery religions" that competed against the Christian church in the early years; and the fact that the Christian church did not operate that way is said by historians to be one of the reasons for the triumph of Christianity over its competitors.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is indeed only one church. Defining it is the problem, but that has to be done according to which assemblies adhere to the teachings of Jesus, not to any particular organization as though the church of Christ were a club instead of a movement or cause.

That (club, secret society, etc.) was the style of the many "mystery religions" that competed against the Christian church in the early years; and the fact that the Christian church did not operate that way is said by historians to be one of the reasons for the triumph of Christianity over its competitors.

Albion, you stated: "There is indeed only one church. Defining it is the problem,..."

Albion, defining It, is EASY! Just don't search for a church that came in the 15th century or there after, doing this will take away the
"hey stack" in which the Needle aka the One Church indeed is among. What Churches will you find by doing so?

The answer to the above question is that you will find only Two Churches, that surely narrows it down. You will find the
Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church and if you go further back in time, you will only find the Catholic Church.

Albion, see how easy that was.

I think I will put this up as a thread, utilizing your words to me as a title: "There is indeed only one church, is defining it a Problem?". I may change the title.

PanDeVida

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

You will find the
Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church and if you go further back in time, you will only find the Catholic Church.

Albion, see how easy that was.

I think I will put this up as a thread, utilizing your words to me as a title: "There is indeed only one church, is defining it a Problem?". I may change the title.
There is only one church, Pan. There are many denominations, yours included.

Upvote 0