Look what you would be MISSING without the MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God tells us that the MYSTERY was an entire BODY of truth that He gave to ONE apostle and that information is found in Romans thru Philemon. It actually consists of fourteen doctrines NOT FOUND anywhere else in Gods Word.

Without the "preaching of Jesus Christ ACCORDING TO THE REVELATION of the MYSTERY..." Romans 16:25 we would HAVE no :

"BODY OF CHRIST", NO "PRESENT DISPENSATION of GRACE", NO "Gospel of the GRACE OF GOD", NO "Temporary SETTING ASIDE of the Nation Israel", No "Equality of Jew and Gentile", No "One baptism of Eph 4:5", No "new commission to preach the gospel", NO "heavenly position of the believer", No "Christ as the Head of the Body", NO "Coming of Christ in the air for His church", No "Judgement seat of Christ", No "different ministry of the Holy Spirit", and No "full and complete revelation"

Thats alot of stuff that wouldnt even be IN the bible if it wasn't for God giving to Paul a NEW message, for a NEW CREATION, for a NEW program never before given to anyone.

Reactions: JM

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
Then even YOU would have to admit that without Pauls epistles , ALL those things I listed WOULD NOT BE on the table. There would BE no body of Christ , or anything else. We would still be in Israels program, bud.:doh:

Problem is eph...

NOBODY IS WITHOUT THEM..

:wave: hello..

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God tells us who the right dividers are...those who study His Word

So... there could only be "right dividers" after the invention of the printing press in the 16th century, correct? And "right dividers" must be literate, fairly well educated, have access to a good Bible translation and be wealthy enough to have the leisure time to devote to Bible study, correct? The fact is, very few people in the past 2000 years and across the globe have had the wherewithall to study the Bible intensely enough to become "right dividers." How do you account for this? Only the affluent and literate people born after the invention of the printing press with access to a good translation of the Bible can be "right dividers?"

I know a group of Christians in the African nation of Malawi who a friend visited last summer who are starving to death due to famine conditions. If they had a Bible I imagine they sold it to feed their children. They work all day and have no electricity in their house so there's no Bible study after dark. They fall into bed hungry and exhausted. Engaging in "right dividing" seems unlikely to happen in this family or anywhere else in Malawi or in most of Africa. My friend is going back with all the supplies he can carry. I hope you guys are contributing to famine relief agencies because I read yesterday that if relief doesn't come soon half the people of Malawi will die by June. Malawi is a Christian nation.

-Xenia

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
xenia said:
So... there could only be "right dividers" after the invention of the printing press in the 16th century, correct? And "right dividers" must be literate,fairly well educated, have access to a good Bible translation and be wealthy enough to have the leisure time to devote to Bible study, correct? The fact is, very few people in the past 2000 and across the globe have been in a position to study the Bible intensely enough to become "right dividers." How do you account for this?

What I am getting at is that these guys are making statements and then I produce a scripture that contradicts it and then they have to ignore the scripture because they swallowed what someone told them and didn't really check it out to see if it were true.

I have to disagree that there haven't been that many right dividers in the past 2000 years. I think that there have been many many great thinkers since Christ's death. That is the key they think about what they believe and don't just accept what they are told.

GLJCA

Upvote 0
E

Evangelical

eph3Nine said:
God tells us that the MYSTERY was an entire BODY of truth that He gave to ONE apostle and that information is found in Romans thru Philemon. It actually consists of fourteen doctrines NOT FOUND anywhere else in Gods Word.

Without the "preaching of Jesus Christ ACCORDING TO THE REVELATION of the MYSTERY..." Romans 16:25 we would HAVE no :

"BODY OF CHRIST", NO "PRESENT DISPENSATION of GRACE", NO "Gospel of the GRACE OF GOD", NO "Temporary SETTING ASIDE of the Nation Israel", No "Equality of Jew and Gentile", No "One baptism of Eph 4:5", No "new commission to preach the gospel", NO "heavenly position of the believer", No "Christ as the Head of the Body", NO "Coming of Christ in the air for His church", No "Judgement seat of Christ", No "different ministry of the Holy Spirit", and No "full and complete revelation"

Thats alot of stuff that wouldnt even be IN the bible if it wasn't for God giving to Paul a NEW message, for a NEW CREATION, for a NEW program never before given to anyone.

All scripture is profitable. Oh I can remember when I was a mid-acts dispy defending it to the hilt...now I just look back with a rye grin. I pray you outgrow it like I did. You should read some Calvin...his Institutes are excellent. :)

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Evangelical said:
All scripture is profitable. Oh I can remember when I was a mid-acts dispy defending it to the hilt...now I just look back with a rye grin. I pray you outgrow it like I did. You should read some Calvin...his Institutes are excellent. :)

Oh yes, I agree. ALL scripture IS profitable...IF it is rightly divided. If its NOT, then all scripture becomes confusing, mishandled, and downright dangerous.

I doubt you were once a mid acts dispy, or you would NEVER have turned and high tailed it. The only ones that do that are the ones not willing to pay the price of representing God accurately. Its easier to become a Calvinist, I guess...wink

Thanks for visiting.:)

Upvote 0
E

Evangelical

eph3Nine said:
If its NOT, then all scripture becomes confusing, mishandled, and downright dangerous.

Well as a Traditional Anglican I certainly do not find Scripture confusing nor do I mishandle it and it certainly is not dangerous. I simply let Scripture interpret Scripture which is mightily difficult to do if you cut out 90% as useless.

eph3Nine said:
I doubt you were once a mid acts dispy, or you would NEVER have turned and high tailed it. The only ones that do that are the ones not willing to pay the price of representing God accurately. Its easier to become a Calvinist, I guess...wink

Oh my copy of Acts Dispensationally Considered is dog eared. I can remember my discussions with the Brethren at theassembly I used to attend about not having water baptism. In fact I saw that God's word is the same from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 and shows God's redemptive programme. Dispensationalism is a novelty invented in the 1830s and its mid-acts variety is a novelty of dispensationalism. A novelty of a novelty...be warned!

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Evangelical said:
Ha ha ha...well one must have held the truth to begin with and dispensationalism is most certainly not truth. It is a novelty!

'Dispensationalism is a novelty invented in the 1830s and its mid-acts variety is a novelty of dispensationalism. A novelty of a novelty...be warned! '

My comment:

1.Even conceding that this "opinion", this assertion, is valid(which it is not), since when did "age" determine the truth/validity of doctrine? By that logic, or argument, Judaism is valid, and Christianity is not.

2. That's what Paul's mentor, a leader in Judaism ,Gamaliel said in Acts 5:34-39:

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." 5:38,39

That is, popularity determines the truth. By that argument, Christianity is false, since most of this "...present evil world..."(Galatians 1:4) rejects the LORD God, as revealed in the Holy Bible, and His Christ, the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul knew of the coming apostasy, as most rejected the the mystery the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ revealed to him by revelation from heaven, as it is written:

"...These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me." Colossians 4:11

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge." 2 Timothy 4:16

And so, Eclessiastes 1:9 is fulfilled once again.

3. a "novelty"?

.You are like the majority of those in Christendom which do not understand and/or who reject Pauline Truth for this new "...dispensation of the grace of God...."(Eph. 3:2). You would say that there is no such thing as a new dispensation ; that the Bible is all the same. In fact most do not even realize that the word "dispensation" is a good Biblical word. However, it is indeed a Biblical word, and a good one, with tremendous meaning, which most ignore to their own error and confusion-let them "....be ignorant...."(1 Cor. 14:38-biblically, ignorant does not mean stupid-it merely means 'lack of knowledge').

When the word is mentioned in some circles it is mentioned only in hushed voices, as if it were something bad or radical or unbiblical-or "novel". That is in error-the Holy Spirit was the first Dispensationalist, and the Apostle Paul was the second.

But why is it that most seminary("cemetary") professors, most of "the Church", of almost every stripe shun the word? That can be answered in one word: IGNORANCE! And if a second word is needed it is: TRADITION!

Yes , ignorance of the teaching of the Apostle Paul and the tradition of the so called early church fathers has confused 99.9 percent of Christendom. We need to listen to our Apostle, Paul.

The Body of Christ's prophet, or leader, is the apostle Paul, "...the apostle of the Gentiles...."(Romans 11:13). Just as Israel followed Moses, believers in this dispensation are commanded by the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ to follow Paul: 1 Corinthians 4:16, 11:1; Philippians 3:17, 4:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 3:9; 1 Timothy 1:16. His writings are scripture, the inspired word of God(1 Thessalonians 2:13; Titus 1:3; 2 Peter 3:15,16), and are the Lord Jesus Christ's words and commands in this dispensation: Romans 15:18; 1 Corinthians 14:37; 2 Corinthians 13:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:2; 1 Tmothy 6:3 . The Lord Jesus Christ appointed Paul as :

-our apostle(not Peter, nor "the 12"): Romans 11:13; 2 Corinthians 11:5; Galatians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:7; 2 Timothy 1:11

-our pattern; 1 Timothy 1:16

-the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles in this dispensation: Romans 15:16; Ephesians 3:7,8; Colossians 1:23-25

-a preacher: 1 Timothy 2:7 2 Timothy 1:11; Titus 1:3;

- a teacher of the Gentiles: 1 Corinthians 4:17; 1 Timothy 2:7; 2 Timothy 1:11

- a prophet: 1 Corinthians 14:37

-the masterbuilder, having laid the foundation of the Body of Christ: 1 Corinthians 3:10

-a steward of the mysteries of God: 1 Corinthians 4:1

-the administrator, "steward", for the present dispensation of the grace of God: Ephesians 3:1-9

-authoritative: Titus 2:15; 2 Corinthians 13:10

Paul calls The LORD God to witness more often than any other biblical writer, and no other biblical writer spoak with an oath more than Paul: Romans 9:1; 2 Corinthians 1:18, 11:10,31; Galatians 1:20; Philippians 1:8; 1 Timothy 2:7

Paul clearly stated in Eph. 3:2 that the dispensation of the Grace of God was given to him for us! We have a new dispensation! It is called " the dispensation of the Grace of God". It is beyond me how anyone can say that they are not a dispensationalists. If you are a believer, you had better be a dispensationalist. Because if you are not a dispensationalist, you are ignorant and disobedient. And if you are in error you, should not be teaching nor preaching, nor writing concerning the Holy Bible. The dispensation of the Grace of God was given to us, and whether you realize it or not, whether you believe it or not, whether you like it or not, we all should be dispensationalists!

Paul not only receives this new dispensation of grace from the glorified Christ sitting at the right hand of God via the Holy Spirit, but he has given it to us in written form. Hence, it is Paul's writings alone that we should look to for our doctrine and help in the Christian walk.

Paul alone was chosen to be God's spokesman for this new dispensation. The other 12 Apostles knew nothing about this dispensation; they knew only what Paul taught them ,and that is why Paul said he went by revelation [direct command of the glorified Christ of heaven] to Jerusalem to confer with the 12 Apostles and to teach them what gospel he preached. Gal. 2:2 "And I went up by revelation and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles.." If they had been preaching the same gospel, that would had not have been necessary!

We are to follow Paul and preach what he preached, i.e. "...the gospel of the grace of God...."(Acts 20:24, 1 Cor. 15:1-4), that is what he called his gospel in several places (Romans 16:25; Eph. 3:2,9; 2 Tim. 2:8; Romans 2:16). And then in Gal. 1:6,7,8, Paul gets to the point when he is defending his gospel, i.e. the gospel of the Grace of God , and here Paul calls his gospel , the gospel of Christ. "I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed." That is a strong statement and it seems to apply to 99.9 percent of Christendom ---those who are preaching a mixed gospel(for eg., the "TBN Circus"-preaching the gospel of the kingdom), trying to incorporate the law with grace, or those who are simply preaching the same gospel as Peter, James, and John and all of the 12 Apostles , i.e. the gospel of the kingdom. That is the gospel that was preached at hand by John the Baptist, by the 12 Apostles, by the seventy, by Jesus Himself, and by Peter at Pentecost. Matthew 4:17,23; 10:7;

Looking at Acts 3:19-21 we see that Jesus prayer "Father forgive them for the know not what they do," from the cross , was answered. Peter was offering the Kingdom to that generation, and had Israel repented and won the world to Christ, carrying out their so called great commission, then Christ would have returned and set up the millennial kingdom according to the promises and covenants made to their Fathers. This Acts 3 passage cannot be explained in any other way. At Pentecost, the Lord Jesus Christ was not beginning something new, He was working still through His 12 Apostles to win Israel and to allow them to win the World. But it didn't happen; they stoned Stephen , and they came under the Isaiah 6:9-10 discipline; their temple was destroyed in 70 AD and in the meantime we find that Paul was raised up right after the stoning of Stephen and made Apostle to the gentiles(Romans 11:13), with a temporary ministry to Israel. That is what we see in Acts chapters 9-28.

That is why we must pay particular attention to what Paul has to say, he is God's spokesman for this new dispensation. And further , Paul is the only writer who says, "follow me as I follow the risen Christ." Paul says, "Hold fast the pattern of sound words [doctrine] which you have heard from me" 2 Tim. 2:13; "And you became followers of us [Paul and his helpers] and of the Lord [the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ of heaven] having received the word [doctrine] in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit." 1 Thess. 1:6; "Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions [doctrinal instructions] which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle." 2 Thess. 2:14. "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ [the risen and glorified Christ of heaven]. In other words, Paul, the only apostle appointed by the glorified Christ of heaven is OUR APOSTLE.

Only Paul has the mystery doctrine for this new dispensation and that is why there is so much confusion and downright error---most have and are to this hour mixing doctrines which belong to one distinct dispensation, with the doctrines of other distinct dispensations or dispensation. The result is that they come up with a mixture of prophecy and mystery, and the net result is 100 percent confusion!

So what is it that causes one to become an "unprofitable prophet", or an "unprofitable preacher" , or an "unprofitable believer"? I submit to you that it is nearly 2000 years of IGNORANCE; that it is nearly 2000 years of unprofitable preaching ; that it is nearly 2000 years of TRADITION; that it is 2000 years of the blind leading the blind. IT IS TIME TO RENOUNCE TRADITION AND IGNORANCE. It is time to follow our Apostle , Paul. It is time to learn and follow the doctrine that was committed to Paul by revelation.

4, What one believes in no way determines objective truth, for the truth and belief are independent. Nor does "when" truth is discovered determine its objective truth-truth goes on eternally irrespective if one discovers it(believes it), and irrespective of when one discovers it. If not, then I would suggest that the earth was flat most of human history, despite the fact that the Holy Bible declared all along that the earth was not flat!

In Christ,
John M. Whalen.

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JMWHALEN said:

'Dispensationalism is a novelty invented in the 1830s and its mid-acts variety is a novelty of dispensationalism. A novelty of a novelty...be warned! '

My comment:

1.Even conceding that this "opinion", this assertion, is valid(which it is not), since when did "age" determine the truth/validity of doctrine? By that logic, or argument, Judaism is valid, and Christianity is not.

2. That's what Paul's mentor, a leader in Judaism ,Gamaliel said in Acts 5:34-39:

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." 5:38,39

That is, popularity determines the truth. By that argument, Christianity is false, since most of this "...present evil world..."(Galatians 1:4) rejects the LORD God, as revealed in the Holy Bible, and His Christ, the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul knew of the coming apostasy, as most rejected the the mystery the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ revealed to him by revelation from heaven, as it is written:

"...These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me." Colossians 4:11

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge." 2 Timothy 4:16

And so, Eclessiastes 1:9 is fulfilled once again.

3. a "novelty"?

.You are like the majority of those in Christendom which do not understand and/or who reject Pauline Truth for this new "...dispensation of the grace of God...."(Eph. 3:2). You would say that there is no such thing as a new dispensation ; that the Bible is all the same. In fact most do not even realize that the word "dispensation" is a good Biblical word. However, it is indeed a Biblical word, and a good one, with tremendous meaning, which most ignore to their own error and confusion-let them "....be ignorant...."(1 Cor. 14:38-biblically, ignorant does not mean stupid-it merely means 'lack of knowledge').

Hi Jim,

You have some good points here but they are still flawed because you overlooked the majority of New Testament scripture that shows that the believing Gentiles have now been engrafted into Covenant Israel, becoming the Israel of God. We as believing Gentiles were grafted into the olive tree along with believing Israel. Remember that only the unbelievers were cut out of the olive tree. The unbelieving Jews, the ones that were living in the first century and their decendants who live in unbelief of the Saviour have been cut off and have gone to Hell. The Jews that are living today that are unbelieving, unless they repent and believe in Christ will go to Hell also. If they do repent they will become Christians just like you and I.

The one thing that is the most prevalent concerning the mid-Acts group is that they are very inconsistent in their belief. Such as they say that they are forgiven by the blood of Jesus Christ, which is the New Covenant, but then turn around and say that the New Covenant, is not for Gentiles. It is the same blood that Jesus shed that is the New Covenant.
1 Cor 11:25 After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink [it], in remembrance of me.
Even the promise of the forgiveness of sins and the fact that we are called the people of God are promises that were given to the house of Israel yet you guys still say that your sins are forgiven even though that promise isn't to you. That is very inconsistent.

No Jim it is not only the fact that this belief is a new revelation thought up by John Darby but that it is completely unscriptural in it's doctrine. I have shown several times that the message that Paul preached to the Gentiles is the same gospel message that Peter preached to the Jews. There is only one gospel and to keep maintaining this other gospel is going against what Paul preached to the Galatians.
Gal 1:6-8 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
What you are preaching is another gospel. You are trying to maintain that the gospel to the Jews was just preaching that Jesus was the Son of God. Well Paul preached the same thing to the Gentiles in Corinthians.

You are teaching that He is not King today of His Kingdom, which goes against all of the New Testament scriptures that show that He is on His throne with all power and authority today.
Psa 110:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
Christ is ruling His kingdom today. He is above all principality and power and all are being made subject to Him today. He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will not return, according to Psa 110:1, Matt 22:44, Mark 12:36, Luke 20:42, and Acts 2:34, until all of His enemies are made subject to Him.
Heb 12:12-13 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Now either the Word of God is wrong or Dispensationalism is teaching falsely. I don't think God's Word is wrong by the way.

GLJCA

Reactions: xenia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
eph3Nine said:

Is this not really significant? Take away the information given to Paul ALONE...and there IS no Body of Christ! What does this tell us about where the Body of Christ began?n:confused:

ALL the things listed above are distinctly and uniquely OURS. But we didnt get the information from Peter and the boys, OR the earthly teachings of Christ..but from a SPECIAL , Unscheduled visitation from God to Paul FOR US!:clap:

Upvote 0

AVBunyan

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
✟17,676.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nice work eph3Nine - I agree...but a quick review of what has been already said here.

If you ignore Paul:

1. You miss justification by faith.

2. You miss understanding about the resurrected Saviour.

3. You won’t know where you will spend eternity.

4. You will not know whether or not you will go into the tribulation or not.

5. You will not understand you position in Christ.

6. You will not how to scripturally study the scriptures.

7. You will miss the gospel.

8. You will have no understanding of baptism.

9. You will not know whether you are a Jew, Gentile, or the body of Christ.

10. You will no understand God’s eternal the purpose the church, which is his body.

11. You will not what books are for you doctrinally.

12. You will not understand forgiveness.

13. You will take what is meant for Israel and apply it to you.

14. You will be confused on the gifts.

15. You will no know whether or no there really is a gap between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2.

Bottom line – you want understanding in all things – then….start with Paul.

2 Tim 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

God bless :wave:

Upvote 0

AVBunyan

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
✟17,676.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
eph3Nine said:
AAAAAmen Bunyan...well done there brother!! So, we really DO miss alot without Pauls epistles, don't we????;)
Yes sir we do - now we can see why "christianity" today is so confused. The average saint cannot give a clear presentation of what took place at Calvary and, as you know, that is mainly found in Paul. :thumbsup:

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AVBunyan

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
✟17,676.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
eph3Nine said:
You can say that AGAIN....nice to meet you..huuuuugs.
Same here -

It has been a while since I dropped anchor here. Refreshing to see some folks appreciate the apostle Paul and how God used Paul to reveal to us such great truths.

Why folks want to go backwards and get earlier instructions not doctrinally meant for us while neglecting what God has preserved for us is beyond me. :confused:

I believe it all and read it all but I got a rough idea what is for us and what is not for us doctrinally. It is a crying shame Paul is so negelcted. :cry:

God bless :wave:

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Posted by JMWhalen
.You are like the majority of those in Christendom which do not understand and/or who reject Pauline Truth for this new "...dispensation of the grace of God...."(Eph. 3:2).
You would say that there is no such thing as a new dispensation ; that the Bible is all the same. In fact most do not even realize that the word "dispensation" is a good Biblical word. However, it is indeed a Biblical word, and a good one, with tremendous meaning, which most ignore to their own error and confusion-let them "....be ignorant...."(1 Cor. 14:38-biblically, ignorant does not mean stupid-it merely means 'lack of knowledge').

When the word is mentioned in some circles it is mentioned only in hushed voices, as if it were something bad or radical or unbiblical-or "novel". That is in error-the Holy Spirit was the first Dispensationalist, and the Apostle Paul was the second.

But why is it that most seminary("cemetary") professors, most of "the Church", of almost every stripe shun the word? That can be answered in one word: IGNORANCE! And if a second word is needed it is: TRADITION!

Yes , ignorance of the teaching of the Apostle Paul and the tradition of the so called early church fathers has confused 99.9 percent of Christendom. We need to listen to our Apostle, Paul.

This certainly spoke volumes to me. Im amazed at how people will argue and put forth their traditions of men as if God is somehow proud of them for IGNORING what He has said specifically TO THEM in Pauls epistles.

Always amazed, but NOT surprised. Satan has had two thousand years to fine tune his plan of evil which includes keeping professing believers blinded to the Mystery truths given us by God. Instead he keeps them busy with myriads of "denominations" and rabbit trails...all to keep them AWAY from the simply stated MYSTERY truths that are theirs for the taking.

Isn't it too sad?

Upvote 0
E

Evangelical

eph3Nine said:
AAAAAmen Bunyan...well done there brother!! So, we really DO miss alot without Pauls epistles, don't we????;)

Indeed we do but without Moses we would miss out on alot also as would we if we had not the writing of St. John. Romans, Galatians and Ephesians are the key doctrinal books of the NT but that does not mean nothing else matters. Think of the US Constitution...when things change the whole thing was not torn up and rewritten but amendments were added, so with the Bible, when things change the old things are not irelevant rather the NT was added.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.