• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lonely. Looking for online friends

user385

Oct 8, 2016
New York City
✟36,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not sure how much longer I can keep going in the situation I have been in. Sin has been a problem. I sometimes wonder whether I am saved. I would like to make friends and find work. I try to sleep throughout the day but cant usually fall asleep until sometime in the evening. I have tried all of the remedies that people usually recommend. There are things I would like to do but I cant do much in this condition. Please do not spend much time praying for me.

There have been spiritual attacks which have led to a lot of anxiety and depression. I think I might go to a hospital eventually maybe today. I become afraid to go on living sometimes. I am afraid God might cause something bad to happen to me. I get depressed when I think about heavenly rewards and about my sins. I dont want to spend eternity having less than other believers. It would be nice to talk with someone else who is going through a difficult time. Please let me know if you can talk. Thank you.

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Please do not spend much time praying for me.

Nonsense. Those are words of a man who is in need of prayer and comfort.

Said a prayer for you, I'll also PM you in a few minutes.

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you’re more than deserving of my prayer time :hug:

I’m not good at quoting scripture but I’m sure someone here will have some good verses of scripture that probably apply here and might be able to help reassure you you are saved.

God knows your heart and it certainly sounds like it’s in the right place even with your troubles. I will be praying for you :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am looking for some friends to chat with too, feel free to PM on here. Christian fellowship brings encouragement, comfort, and accountability as a family, God ordained it so for our benefit. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 is a lifeline

1955.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm 1st.. when the thought asks wonders if your saved.. it never comes from God.. its always Satan.. so if Satan can not tell the truth.. HELLO? SAVED born from above/born again you are! Know when you made Christ your lord.. EVERYONE get that? EVERYONE in heaven knows you know. Every angel.. the one with you. The Father made all this just for you.. yeah.. NO CLUE how He does it but.. He makes you KNOW ALL this was for you.. HE does this for ALL that love Him..

He is with you Isa 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." <---thats not just nice words.. EVERY WORD He means..

My wife started this job one time... asked for friends.. we prayed.. pfft tons of friends now. We pray.. here and as its written our Father hears and ANSWERS.. no questions.. no demands.. He answers.. you asked He heard. How do we know He heard..one from the OT. there are more "The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous" you are righteous because you believe in Christ:)

NT..Peter "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer."

I am no one.. not here to get praise or thanks or to be known. I don't speak of things I wonder or guess at..only what I KNOW. I am 57 and never once has He never kept His word. You asked for friends.. now you KNOW He will answer. I don't have to know how.. thats HIS job and HELLO.. NO ONE is better at GIVING BLESSING HELPING UPLIFTING on and on.. then your FATHER that loves you..so keep your mind on HIM and HE WILL keep you in perfect peace.. HIS WORDS! He does not lie. Here.. friends are here.. I wanted to say coming.. but HERE .. praise GOD glory to JESUS... HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH...He will let you know ..

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure how much longer I can keep going in the situation I have been in. Sin has been a problem. I sometimes wonder whether I am saved. I would like to make friends and find work. I try to sleep throughout the day but cant usually fall asleep until sometime in the evening. I have tried all of the remedies that people usually recommend. There are things I would like to do but I cant do much in this condition. Please do not spend much time praying for me.

There have been spiritual attacks which have led to a lot of anxiety and depression. I think I might go to a hospital eventually maybe today. I become afraid to go on living sometimes. I am afraid God might cause something bad to happen to me. I get depressed when I think about heavenly rewards and about my sins. I dont want to spend eternity having less than other believers. It would be nice to talk with someone else who is going through a difficult time. Please let me know if you can talk. Thank you.

It sounds that not only are you in spiritual need physically things are not going very good either, therefore you deserve every prayer you can get.

i found that when we agonise our salvation then satan has been accusing us with our sins and dooming us with his lies. It is best to pray for faith when things are like that for faith is a gift of God to all those who ask.

i've been at CF for many years and i have suffered from depression all that time yet things have been much worse - when God's love hadn't hit home yet - as it is for you now.

Be of good courage you are loved immensely by our triune God and He glad teaches you to fight back against your depression and anxiety using the promises of God written in His word.

i glad correspond with you online if you would appreciate that, i know how hard it can be to suffer alone.

Peace.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i glad correspond with you online if you would appreciate that, i know how hard it can be to suffer alone.

Peace.
Aw you're so sweet, you have compassion, you know how it's like to suffer alone. :D

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Aw you're so sweet, you have compassion, you know how it's like to suffer alone. :D

He's one of those brothers who has greatly helped me and many others. Always raises Christ high, and always ready to give comfort. Easy to talk to, just like many others here. I've seen more and more of these brothers and sisters on this site recently - which is great, because I've also seen a strange influx, a huge spike of people who are absolutely terrified and hopeless. Strange times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks but i know first hand how horrible depression can make us feel and how cut off we can be from our neighbour in our inner misery. i hate depression it does horrible things to people and makes them suffer immensely with offering any hope for the future. Yet Jesus can make us stronger than depression can bring to bear and protect us with His loving truth. i gladly share this truth with those who suffer rock bottom. The pit is the worst place ever.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My friend I am here for you! Sending a pm

Upvote 0