• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

loneliness

send.the.rain

Feb 26, 2010
Washington DC
Visit site
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never used to be lonely. I didn't have any friends, but I accepted it.
Now, I have amazing friends and I love being with them. But then once I am left alone, I fall into despair. I miss them and don't know what to do. I now feel lost when I find myself alone and with nothing to do.

Lighthouse76

Feb 27, 2010
✟15,309.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there!

I am sorry for your pain and struggles..

I am praying, at the same time would encourage you to seek some profissional or pastoral counseling as why you "now" feel lost when apart from friends..as much lovely and nice they might be ..to feel lost and in despair without them doesn't seem balanced relationship exchanges. There must be something deeper as a root cause for this "now" symptoms. Kwim? Yourself said you are not experienced in having friends. Think about it.

You know, I read a book couple years back, very good about people, as how to be a safe person and having safe persons in our life. What are the traits of safe people to have good, fruitful relationships. "Safe People", "How People Grow" and " Boundaries" are good books to read and learn, as we "garden" our many relationships with different people.

Take care and hugs.

Upvote 0

DesertJoe

Apr 30, 2010
✟8,986.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello Rain,& God bless you.I know that this thread has been inactive for awhile,& I am new here.I wanted to say that I know how you feel because I live alone.God has only recently given me the ability to do this,as my location makes it hard to get broadband internet service.I am glad that you now have friends.One of the things God has created us for is to love each other,& without friends or family that is not an option.Know that in those lonely times you are not alone.It is in those times when God is most available.It was at a time of being alone that Elijah heard "that still small voice.Jesus many times had to go off by Himself so that He could have time alone with His Father ( & our Father).We never see ourselves more clearly or hear God more clearly than when we are alone.Our God is a God of relationship (Father,Son,Holy Spirit) & He created us for relationship.When we are not busy with our relationships with family & friends & in the marketplace,let us be busy loving Him who gave it all for us.I am sending this hoping that something in this helps,& I send this with my prayers.You are not alone.God bless you. :)

Upvote 0