Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lois Lerner Retires: Official At Heart Of IRS Scandal Leaving

How pathetic. At the heart of the IRS scandal, and rather than have to face the music, she pleads the 5th, gets a few months off with full pay,and then is allowed to retire likely with full pension/benefits.

More evidence that there are 2 "legal systems in the US (and canada)
One for the rich+powerful, and another for everybody else.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You never answered my question in the other thread: did you also read the entire Affordable Care Act? Just asking.

As Hillary says 'what difference does it make' - my vote does not matter. If I was being paid to vote on it - I would read it. It is 17,000 pages of dictatorship to destroy the greatest health care system in the world. I am involved in the medical profession and can see what is happening to people because of it. It is destroying our nation and it is not even in full force yet. Why couldn't they concentrate on the 11 million that did not have insurance instead of destroying everyone's healthcare and jobs.

Upvote 0

1Feather

Sep 19, 2013
✟804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lois Lerner Retires: Official At Heart Of IRS Scandal Leaving

How pathetic. At the heart of the IRS scandal, and rather than have to face the music, she pleads the 5th, gets a few months off with full pay,and then is allowed to retire likely with full pension/benefits.

More evidence that there are 2 "legal systems in the US (and canada)
One for the rich+powerful, and another for everybody else.

Not at all surprising. Her credibility is zero. Taking the fifth in her case doesn't demonstrate a presumption of innocence, it demonstrates she wasn't going to answer for her behavior in office. And everyone who works in the IRS from the top to her own department know that. It's a matter of credibility and hers is tarnished.

Of course she'll retire with full benefits. No one proved she was unworthy of them. And she knows that in about a year with new news bombarding attentions she'll be forgotten.

Yes, it is a two part prosecutorial system and based on the golden rule. Those with the gold rule.
It's like the celebrities that get umpteen chances in committing offenses with no serious consequences. While the average person would be in prison.
It's like the politician that commits a crime and prior to going to jail is pardoned. Or a State or Federal prosecutor drop the charges for some reason. Or a witness is no longer available so the case can't move forward.

If we put the leaders and the supervisors working in programs that control our finances, benefits, lives, behind bars it will send a message that if those people can't be trusted we should maybe consider the whole lot can't be trusted either. It breaks down the power and control dynamic because the faith is eroded by wrong doing over and over again.

Sheep wouldn't trust the shepherd if it was found that he let wolves into the fold to feed from time to time.

It's an illusion of security we're living in. The master slave dynamic that's controlled civilization since civilization was formed into a nice tidy package of minority numbers dominating majority labor.

Upvote 0