Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
1. Gross, 18 year olds shouldn't be having sex with 14 year olds. I really don't know how anyone can defend that. And if she was pregnant at 14, perhaps it was going on earlier when she was 13. Is anyone teaching teen boys NOT to molest or manipulate much younger teen girls ?

2. Romeo and juliet ends with both of them committing suicide.

I don’t know how people can defend Anthony Bouchard. It is surprising how in this forum people say “ oh teenage kids does this kind of things, but he did marry her at the end “.

I remember after the Access Hollywood tape came out and so many said “ yea it is bad but man talk like that, it’s not a big deal”

Really ? I am in my mid 40s and I can honestly say I never spoke in that kind of language. I can honestly say I don’t know any man in my family who speak in that language about sex or woman. I can honestly say I don’t know any friend of mine who speak in that language about sex or woman. I work for a Christian organization ( NPO) and I can honestly say I don’t know any man in my office who speak in that language about sex or woman. I am sure over the years I met man who would speak in that language but I never spent time with man with this kind of character, so I never heard any one speak in this language, it is not normal to me that man talk in this kind of language because I didn’t mingle with man with this kind of character. This kind of talk or behavior is not “normal” to me.

So when good Christian say “ oh teen talks like this or teenage man behave like this”. It just show who they are. When they defend the indefensible, it just expose their character.

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.”

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Who would you vote for if you had to pick between the two?

Fairly solid anti-abortion, pro-2A legislation proposals in Wyoming: Anthony Bouchard - Ballotpedia

Cheney, on the other hand seems to care for the lives of grizzly bears more than protecting the lives of the unborn, or aiding in securing the inalienable rights of Americans: Liz Cheney

So, without any further hesitation, I'd vote for Bouchard in a heartbeat. Policies changes lives, that should be the focus of our motivations for a candidate IMO.

I did some pretty despicable things at 18 myself, should I be judged for them now, having repented of them? I find it rather ironic that from the same mouths that ask "Who are we to judge?" comes damnation and judgement.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Fairly solid anti-abortion, pro-2A legislation proposals in Wyoming: Anthony Bouchard - Ballotpedia

Cheney, on the other hand seems to care for the lives of grizzly bears more than protecting the lives of the unborn, or aiding in securing the inalienable rights of Americans: Liz Cheney

So, without any further hesitation, I'd vote for Bouchard in a heartbeat. Policies changes lives, that should be the focus of our motivations for a candidate IMO.

I did some pretty despicable things at 18 myself, should I be judged for them now, having repented of them? I find it rather ironic that from the same mouths that ask "Who are we to judge?" comes damnation and judgement.

Yet Cheney won her seat 3 times. In past 3 elections her record was good enough to win and republican had no issue voting for her 3 times. But now that she is not with Trump, she is a bad republican and lefty loony who care about “grizzly bears” more then unborn babies. We all can see how much republican cared about unborn babies in past 3 elections.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yet Cheney won her seat 3 times. In past 3 elections her record was good enough to win and republican had no issue voting for her 3 times. But now that she is not with Trump, she is a bad republican and lefty loony who care about “grizzly bears” more then unborn babies. We all can see how much republican cared about unborn babies in past 3 elections.

Money talks, and incumbency has value. I'll admit, I knew little of either of these two until recently. I was asked who I would vote for between them, and I gave my answer and the reasons behind it. That is all.

I think we can boil the GOP-divide down to following equation:

Trump = anti-swamp
anti-Trump = swamp

To the pro-Trump side of the GOP faction, anyone against Trump is pro-swamp. Fair assessment, or too simplistic?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

At least you admit they were despicable.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Money talks, and incumbency has value. I'll admit, I knew little of either of these two until recently. I was asked who I would vote for between them, and I gave my answer and the reasons behind it. That is all.

I think we can boil the GOP-divide down to following equation:

Trump = anti-swamp
anti-Trump = swamp

To the pro-Trump side of the GOP faction, anyone against Trump is pro-swamp. Fair assessment, or too simplistic?

Money talks, and thirty pieces are quite persuasive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Or Bouchard had enough integrity to be forthcoming and confessional? Maybe?

This is discussed in the OP. The Daily Mail was about to run a story on the situation, using a Trump-allied Republican source, and Bouchard beat them to the wire.

• Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve a feeling that the GOP aren’t “sending their best”, followed quickly by the feeling that they are!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Wow, the man's a real hero. I can see how he fits in with the GOP.

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I still don't know how anyone can defend what he did and be okay with voting for him for anything, sorry.

It's not a question of defending what he did. He shouldn't have done what he did. As far as voting for him, it's really quite simple. His personal life is personal. It's not relevant to the office he's seeking. I'm also taking issue with the attempts to paint him as a criminal. He isn't, legally or morally.

If you're suggesting Bouchard is a better person than his dead child bride, well... it's a shame we don't have her around to make the comparison.

I'm suggesting that his ex-wife's suicide (she was then neither a child nor a bride) was a greater moral wrong than anything Bouchard did. I'm judging actions, not people. Suicide is worse than premarital sex.

And legal is all that a Christian needs to show their support. I'll remember that in the next abortion or SSM debate.

It was Elliewaves who based her argument on Bouchard being legally an adult. Of course, morally, we know that nothing magical happens on your 18th birthday. Morally, what we have was an adolescent boy having sex with an adolescent girl. Sure, that's not right, but we really should take the whole story into account. He gets her pregnant, and he tries to do right by her and the child by marrying her and and starting a family. That's not the action of a criminal. Usually when a teenage girl gets pregnant, the father doesn't stick around.

Liz is trying to get the eyes off her. Aint gonna work.

It'll be old news by next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm suggesting that his ex-wife's suicide (she was then neither a child nor a bride) was a greater moral wrong than anything Bouchard did. I'm judging actions, not people. Suicide is worse than premarital sex.

Having already dismissed the idea that being a child bride may have contributed to her suicide (you know, the notion that actions have consequences), one is left but nothing but to admire Bouchard's superior... "strength of character," I believe the phrase was?

I have no doubt he will be warmly welcomed in the GOP as soon as he defeats Cheney. Because defying Donald is worse than premarital sex with a child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

Words fail.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
It's not a question of defending what he did. He shouldn't have done what he did. As far as voting for him, it's really quite simple. His personal life is personal. It's not relevant to the office he's seeking. I'm also taking issue with the attempts to paint him as a criminal. He isn't, legally or morally.

It was Elliewaves who based her argument on Bouchard being legally an adult. Of course, morally, we know that nothing magical happens on your 18th birthday. Morally, what we have was an adolescent boy having sex with an adolescent girl. Sure, that's not right, but we really should take the whole story into account. He gets her pregnant, and he tries to do right by her and the child by marrying her and and starting a family. That's not the action of a criminal. Usually when a teenage girl gets pregnant, the father doesn't stick around.

It'll be old news by next year.

It's not really an argument that he was legally an adult having sex with a 14 year old (and probably when she was 13) girl. It's the truth of the matter. He was 18, a legal adult, and she was 14, a minor child, when she became pregnant. It was not really consensual or any sort of level playing field. Yes, the laws in Florida were blurry, but yes this was morally wrong for him to seek out sex with a 14 year old girl. The private lives of those running for office (any party) should matter especially if it's especially messy, grossly inappropriate, and has harmed children. I wouldn't vote for an independent or a democratic child rapist at all. This guy's past is an argument against child rape made normal/okay by child marriage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0