Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In 1980, the nascent Christian Right made their peace with Reagan being divorced and remarried.

My how slippery that slope seems to have become!
That was different.
Nancy Reagan (née Davis) brought him to Christ/the GOP, (apparently the task was too much for Jane Wyman).

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To who and for what?

...to the American people.

Supporting the Big Lie.

Nearly 4 months after the shameful attack on the U.S. Congress, it appears the House Minority Leader McCarthy will move to remove the number 3 Republican in the House - Liz Cheney.

Her sin?

Speaking her conscience and refusing to cede her party to donald trump. The party platform is quite simple: Unquestioned fealy to Trump.

After the Jan 6 attack, Cheney stated:
“The president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the president.”

Unlike her feckless Republican colleagues, she has stood her ground ever since. This week she tweeted:

“The 2020 presidential election was not stolen. Anyone who claims it was is spreading THE BIG LIE, turning their back on the rule of law, and poisoning our democratic system.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Liz is trying to get the eyes off her. Aint gonna work.
Which is worse? Lack of loyalty to Donald J Trump or having impregnated an underage girl forty years ago?

Cheney, on the other hand seems to care for the lives of grizzly bears more than protecting the lives of the unborn, or aiding in securing the inalienable rights of Americans: Liz Cheney
No, the Grizzly State Management Act REMOVES grizzlies living in Yellowstone Park from the endangered species list - she does not have Yogi's back here. She has also proposed strengthening anti-abortion laws. So.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To who and for what?

This is actually a deep and profound question. Who is the GOP accountable to?

If one acquires enough power, they are, in theory, accountable to nobody.

And here I thought the Right only chased after power for its own sake.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is actually a deep and profound question. Who is the GOP accountable to?

If one acquires enough power, they are, in theory, accountable to nobody.

And here I thought the Right only chased after power for its own sake.

Sometimes power is used to protect and champion the rights and liberties of the citizens that the governing body is entrusted; sometimes, they fail to do so.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes power is used to protect and champion the rights and liberties of the citizens that the governing body is entrusted; sometimes, they fail to do so.

"Fail" implies a sincere effort in the first place.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This issue is one that FAVORS the Republicans. The Trumpers want a candidate who has a chance against Cheney. There are a couple. This guy isn't one of them

He doesn't have to win the election; he just has to beat Cheney in the primaries.

Thus far, he hasn't lost any support among the GOP; he's even been praised for his stronger strength of character.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are two popular pro-Trump Republicans in addition to this clown. Trump will string them all along, and eventually back one, and campaign for him. I don't expect the other two to drop out in time for the Trump vote not to be split.

Folks tried to install a run-off system so that there would be one Trumper in the runoff against Cheney. The effort failed.

As an aside, lot of money from Democratic donors has been arriving to support Cheney. Democrats can't beat Cheney, but they certainly don't want another Trumper in DC.

He doesn't have to win the election; he just has to beat Cheney in the primaries.

Thus far, he hasn't lost any support among the GOP; he's even been praised for his stronger strength of character.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There are two popular pro-Trump Republicans in addition to this clown. Trump will string them all along, and eventually back one, and campaign for him. I don't expect the other two to drop out in time for the Trump vote not to be split.

Folks tried to install a run-off system so that there would be one Trumper in the runoff against Cheney. The effort failed.

As an aside, lot of money from Democratic donors has been arriving to support Cheney. Democrats can't beat Cheney, but they certainly don't want another Trumper in DC.

I can only hope that the Wyoming State Police, and possibly National Guard, will be on standby in the event that Cheney wins -- Big Lies have a nasty habit of spawning little ones.

Upvote 0