Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean,
and the pleasant land.

So the Little moments,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages,
of Eternity. -- (Julie Carney)

In the performance of the lowly duties of life, you are forming a character that will stand for eternity. It is the little things that form our character. I've never been tempted to go out and kill somebody, and I doubt if you have either. But have you ever been tempted to do a little thing?

"Whatever your duties may be, do them nobly and faithfully, realizing that all heaven is beholding your work."
Do not under-rate the importance of little things because they are little. By action and reaction these little defects accumulate and bind themselves together become like rods of steel and you can't break away from them. So be careful, guard the little things that first start before they become welded into your life and you can't get rid of them. "That little action, that unguarded word, repeated, becomes habit...and habit constitutes character." So be careful, guard the little things, the first starts, before they become welded to your life and you cannot get rid of them. Little things can destroy your soul.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
THE SUBTLE SIN OF SORCERY

Sorcery is a term loosely encompassing a number of activities that are forbidden in the Bible. It is defined as the use of evil supernatural power over people. It is closely connected to witchcraft and the casting of spells. Today the whole subject of sorcery has gained wide popularity as reflected particularly by the Harry Potter books and movies. We have also been gently initiated into sorcery by the TV, starting long ago with such innocent and funny programs like "I Dream of Jeannie," then moving deeper into programs such as "Bewitched," and finally on to the really heavy stuff like "The Exorcist."

continued here:
http://www.churchisraelforum.com/the_subtle_sin_of_sorcery.htm

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
foxhead.jpg
DISCOURAGEMENT
is a scrawny fox that seems least of all, a weakling that is ready to die. But he has survived for thousands of years in his pitiful state and is good for many more to come. Being small of stature, he creeps into every Christian's life at one time or another. Those who detect and guard against the others often fall victim to this one themselves when things go wrong or an answer to prayer is delayed. This fox paid visits to Jonah under his gourd vine and Elijah under the juniper tree. But he can be and must be repelled from our lives through our continuous remembrance of God's grace to us in times past and times present (Lamentations 3:21-26) and our trust in His ability to yet win the victory for us. When we are weak, He still is strong (1 John 5:4-5).

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
SELLING OUT FOR THE DESIRE OF THE MOMENT
By Betty Miller

(LITTLE COMPROMISES THAT CAUSE BIG PROBLEMS)
Song of Solomon 2:15 says, "Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes."

Foxes sometimes in search of food would enter into the grape orchards and devour the grapes and spoil the crop. However, the little foxes were too small to reach the grape bunches so they would chew on the vines and it would kill the whole vine. Instead of the farmer just losing his crop, he would lose his vine which was more disastrous. Spiritually some things we do or allow that we might think are little or insignificant can also be disastrous for us.

Many people could give testimony as to how they have regretted giving in to their desires of the moment, as a few moments of pleasure resulted in a life time of regret. The teenage girl who engaged in premarital sex and became pregnant, later lives with the shame and responsibility of her moment of passion. The young man who tried out drugs for the first time and was caught and jailed for possession of illegal narcotics. The married man or woman who cheated on their mate in a one night fling and ended up losing their marriage over that "one time." These are just a few examples of how seemingly small things can cause enormous consequences. These "little foxes" brought destruction to the entire vine and lives are forever changed because of a one time mistake.

The Lord warns us in the Word of God to flee from these kinds of temptations. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

The Lord would have us call on Him when we are faced with temptation so that we don't sell out to the enemy. He wants to help us so that we do not have to face the problems created by our sin. Even if we fail, God will help us get up and go on and can turn what Satan meant for evil into good. However, it is better that we do not fall into the pit to begin with as we will be spared much suffering and sorrow.

God certainly will forgive our sins and cleanse us from our guilt and shame. However, we must walk through the consequences of our sins. Some consequences are greater than others. There is an example of this in the Bible. It is the story of Esau selling his birthright for a little food in Genesis 25:

29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Esau was the oldest son and the father's inheritance went to the first born as his birthright. Jacob was the younger brother but he understood the value of the birthright better than the one to whom it belonged. In those days whatever a man agreed to with his lips was done. For a little bowl of lentil soup, Esau lost his birthright. He was then rejected because he thought so little of his inheritance. Many today are selling out their Christian birthright for a little "pottage of flesh" when God has so much better for them.

Proverbs 28:21b says, "....for a piece of bread that man will transgress."

Sometimes it is the "little foxes" that bring a man down. The seemingly little things can defile us. As Christians we must be careful, not careless so we do not lose our inheritance in the Lord.

Hebrews 12:16-17, "Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears."

This article was taken from the Overcoming Life Digest (March/April 1999 Issue); click here to view Digest

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
foxes-1.gif

Jeremiah 13:1-16
False prophets condemned

the spoiled vine

the little foxes of the vine think they are sly indeed
warping the tender growth of the innocent seed

alas! tis but the the simplest of selfish desire and greed

devouring and laying waste the blessed fruit in the path
never minding the ravaged land or God's rightous wrath

eating and making holes takes but time, you do the math

tearing down the very lines of Truth He gave us in trust
no choice made to restrain or keep in tow their lust

awake from your slumber! He's coming soon and He is just

He knows by name each little fox of behaviour self involved
He knows the their deep and around who they revolved

certainly the servant by now should have better evolved!

will no messenger of the Word defend the Truth as written
have the messengers all become for money and fame smitten

has the serpent stuck out his tongue and profitably bitten

the Lord is coming soon
hear these words well
for He is near at hand
Truth must be defended
else where lies the guilt
if the servant stands by
and does nothing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
the fox

Found in deserts.
Ezekiel 13:4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

Abounded in Palestine.
Judges 15:4 And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst between two tails.

Lamentations 5:18 Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it.

DESCRIBED AS
  • Active.
    Nehemiah 4:3 Now Tobiah the Ammonite was by him, and he said, Even that which they build, if a fox go up, he shall even break down their stone wall.
  • Crafty.
    Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
  • Carnivorous.
    Psalms 63:10 They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
Destructive to vines.
Song of Solomon 2:15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Dwells in holes.
Matthew 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

ILLUSTRATIVE OF
  • False prophets.
    Ezekiel 13:4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.
  • Cunning and deceitful persons.
    Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
  • Enemies of the church.
    Song of Solomon 2:15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Used by Samson for annoying the Philistines.
Judges 15:4-6 And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst between two tails. And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks, and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives. Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up, and burnt her and her father with fire.

http://www.bible-topics.com/Fox-The.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.