Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Song of Solomon 2:15

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines:
for our vines have tender grapes.

Psalm 80:13

The boar out of the wood doeth waste it,
and the wild beast of the field doth devour it.

Ezekiel 13:4

O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in
the deserts.

Luke 13:32

And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that
fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures
today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall
be perfected.

http://bible.cc/songs/2-15.htm

Reactions: byhisstripes

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Belle, Nice to see you posting again. That is a really thought provoking video. Years ago I couldn't understand how a fox could spoil grapes, and a someone explained to me that their running through the vines either knocked off the budding stem and prevented fruit from growing or knocked off the ripe fruit so that it was useless. Don't know it that is the complete answer, but the warning to watch for the small things is timely for me. (I'm long overdue a holiday and get mean and short-tempered with little provocation.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
New Testament warnings

For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand. Mark 13:22-23

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. Colossians 2:8

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn-bushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. Matthew 7:15-20

For when they say, 'Peace and safety!' then 'sudden destruction comes upon them, 'as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 'But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 'You are all 'sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 'Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober... putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5:3-8

Last edited:
Reactions: byhisstripes
Upvote 0

byhisstripes

pull up a chair ... coffee's on ...
Nov 27, 2007
past Idaho through the mountains
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Song of Solomon 2:15
Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.

Luke 13:32
He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.'

Upvote 0

byhisstripes

pull up a chair ... coffee's on ...
Nov 27, 2007
past Idaho through the mountains
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John 6:27
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."
( think this fits)

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
2-1-1.jpg

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
a closer look ...

http://www.heart4god.ws/id291.htm

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chapter 1 NOAH'S ARK[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chapter 2 DAY AND NIGHT[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chapter 3 THE SOUNDING OF THE TRUMPETS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chapter 4 ONE SHALL BE TAKEN[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chapter 5 THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH - WHAT IS IT? [/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
(Heb.12:1)

'Therefore,since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles (little foxes) and let us run with perseverence the race marked out for us'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
fox-1.jpg

Psalm 80:13

The boar out of the wood doeth
waste it,
and the wild beast of the field
doth devour it.

The church is represented as a vine and a vineyard. The root of this vine is Christ, the branches are believers. The church is like a vine, needing support, but spreading and fruitful. If a vine do not bring forth fruit, no tree is so worthless. And are not we planted as in a well-cultivated garden, with every means of being fruitful in works of righteousness? But the useless leaves of profession, and the empty boughs of notions and forms, abound far more than real piety. It was wasted and ruined. There was a good reason for this change in God's way toward them. And it is well or ill with us, according as we are under God's smiles or frowns. When we consider the state of the purest part of the visible church, we cannot wonder that it is visited with sharp corrections. They request that God would help the vine. Lord, it is formed by thyself, and for thyself, therefore it may, with humble confidence, be committed to thyself.

III. How it was wasted and ruined: "Lord, thou hast done great things for this vine, and why shall it be all undone again? If it were a plant not of God's planting, it were not strange to see it rooted up; but will God desert and abandon that which he himself gave being to?" Psalms 80:12. Why hast thou then broken down her hedges? There was a good reason for this change in God's way towards them. This noble vine had become the degenerate plant of a strange vine (Jeremiah 2:21), to the reproach of its great owner, and then no marvel if he took away its hedge (Isaiah 5:5); yet God's former favours to this vine are urged as pleas in prayer to God, and improved as encouragements to faith, that, notwithstanding all this, God would not wholly cast them off. Observe, 1. The malice and enmity of the Gentile nations against Israel. As soon as ever God broke down their hedges and left them exposed troops of enemies presently broke in upon them, that waited for an opportunity to destroy them. Those that passed by the way plucked at them; the board out of the wood and the wild beast of the field were ready to ravage it, Psalms 80:13. But, 2. See also the restraint which these cruel enemies were under; for till God had broken down their hedges they could not pluck a leaf of this vine. The devil could not hurt Job so long as God continued the hedge round about him, Job 1:10. See how much it is the interest of any people to keep themselves in the favour of God and then they need not fear any wild beast of the field, Job 5:23. If we provoke God to withdraw, our defence has departed from us, and we are undone. The deplorable state of Israel is described (Psalms 80:16): It is burnt with fire; it is cut down; the people are treated like thorns and briers, that are nigh unto cursing and whose end is to be burned, and no longer like vines that are protected and cherished. They perish not through the rage of the wild beast and the boar, but at the rebuke of thy countenance; that was it which they dreaded and to which they attributed all their calamities. It is well or ill with us according as we are under God's smiles or frowns.

http://www.studylight.org/desk/?query=ps+80:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0