singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Please forgive my ignorance; I just became a Christian recently. So do foxes represent Satan?

There is nothing to forgive :) that's the way to learn ... just ask.

Little foxes are the things of the Lord basically that we compromise here and there that eventually bring us to ruin. It may be our faith or our allowing of something, etc. They are the things that blur the lines of Truth. Hope this helps ... God bless!

Upvote 0

fosterangela

Warrior for Christ
Nov 16, 2008
✟15,480.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing to forgive :) that's the way to learn ... just ask.

Little foxes are the things of the Lord basically that we compromise here and there that eventually bring us to ruin. It may be our faith or our allowing of something, etc. They are the things that blur the lines of Truth. Hope this helps ... God bless!

Yes that does help, thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
bewareoftheleven.jpg

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Satan is like a sly old 'fox!' Some would say he is like a big bad wolf!

Little things can come between us and God.

'Nothing between LORD,nothing between,
Let me Thy glory see...'

amen!!!!!

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
By Ethel Meadows and Rafael Martinez

littlefoxes1.jpg

"Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines," Song of Solomon 2:15

The importance of little things is stressed many times in God's infallible Word. The act on which hung the most stupendous issues was seemingly least of all: that of eating a little fruit in the Garden of Eden. How small the deed: how tremendous the consequences: it was not the outward deed, however, but the underlying principle - disobedience leading unto sin - that brought about the fall of man, throwing the whole world into chaos and death.

The same principle lies back of every small transgression today. So the little foxes under consideration here are not small at all in God's sight. May we never minimize what God forbids. Our entire future as fruitbearing Christians is at stake here. Bearing fruit is depending on getting answers to our prayers and answers will be delayed until we deal with the sinful obstructions in our lives (see Psalms 66:18 and John 15).

The little foxes that spoil the vines are numerous. These foxes are the yieldings of ourselves to sin and the vines they spoil are the outgrowth of our Christian lives. Not one of us can fail to recognize how quickly our personal testimony to the world about Jesus and our personal walk before God can be trashed by our failure to deal with the sin that so easily besets us.

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Deceived is to think that a lie is actually the truth and to embrace and hold a lie instead of the truth. People will go a long way for what they think is the truth. If someone has accepted as truth and believes that space aliens exist, they will process all thought information to continue their belief of space aliens. They will also preach their truth, which is actually a lie, to other people attempting to persuade others of their position. The deceived will embrace any hardship or disagreement, as persecution. Feeling persecuted they will then remain even more steadfast in their position while reason, facts or circumstances will have little bearing on their position. Since people will fight harder for what they think is the truth, Satan has done a big job of convincing many people to believe lies and then gotten them to fight vigorously to defend what is simply a lie.
2 Corinthians 11:13,14
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
The battle for the truth begins and ends in the mind. Deception can only occur First in the thought process and then our actions are carried out by what we believe from our thoughts. The battle for the mind is revealed in the Bible as the battle for a walled and gated city. The gates of the city are where the legal decisions (cities thought process) were made. If during an attack the enemy could gain possession and control the gates of a city then the city would be helpless and would be in the hands of the enemy as the enemy controlled all access into and out of the city.
Genesis 25:60
And they blessed Rebekah and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them.
We possess our own gates or faculties but we are susceptible to lies and deception. The correct thing for us to do is to entrust our gates (faculties) to God. We need daily to be refreshed from God by meeting Him in prayer and Bible devotions. In modern times we are bombarded with information from every variety of media. Most of the information is just simply deceit. The only truth we will ever find in this world is written in the pages of the Bible. God leads those who want to be led by Him. God will lead us in paths of righteousness. Let's look to God and not to information that comes from people who deny the very existence of God.
Psalms 16:11
Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
John 3:19
And this is condemnation, that light is come into the world and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

http://www.basicchristian.org/truth_deception.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

sparrowssong

Most people don't realize how the devil uses our little unclean thoughts to begin his work of evil in our lives. Just as it is the little foxes that spoil the vines referred to in scripture, so it is the little thoughts of folly and wickedness that destroy men's lives. A thought is only an idea but if it is dwelt upon long enough it becomes an action. On the positive side this can produce much good. It's not sinful to have an evil thought as this is the way that we are all tempted by the devil. The sin comes into play when we dwell on the evil thought (or any thought that is against the Word of God). As that thought takes root in our heart (our spirit) it will eventually bear its deadly fruit.

Galatians 5:19-25:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

These verses in the Bible include a list of sins that are called works of the flesh followed by a list of virtues called the fruit of the Spirit. All of these sins and virtues begin as seeds in the thought life. God's given every man free will to chose the things that he will think about. Every evil deed that's done by mankind first started as a thought. Our thoughts are influenced by many many things in and of the world. It's so important not to expose ourselves to the evil in books, magazines, movies, T.V., radio, friends, etc. The Bible admonishes us not to associate with wicked companions and to stay away from liars in

Psalm 101:2-7:
I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Little Foxes

There comes a time in the year when the gardener finds it very necessary to worm his vegetables. If he should neglect doing so the worms (though very small) would devour his entire garden.

Just as the gardener finds it necessary to hunt out and kill the worms, equally does the Christian find it necessary to hunt out and kill the "little foxes."

I now invite the reader to assist me in finding the little foxes. Let us also kill them as we find them.

The first little fox that usually spoils a person's Christian experience is the fox of neglecting secret prayer. Have you got him? If so, kill him at once.

Second.-The next fox is, neglecting to read and meditate upon the Word, and also other good, helpful books.

The third is the Sabbath-desecration fox, viz., riding Sunday excursions, getting shaved, writing letters, sending telegrams (unnecessarily), talking on business topics, etc.

The fourth, the talkative fox, viz., light talk, jesting, evil speaking, and meddling into the affairs of others.

Fifth, the love-of-luxuries fox. There is not a greater enemy to godliness than the love of luxuries, i. e., costly foods, costly clothing, costly house furnishings, costly photos, etc.

Sixth, the fox of sloth, i. e., lying in bed half of the Sabbath, giving way to sleep rather than attending the prayer-meetings, not being on time to the Sabbath service, etc.

Seventh, the short talk fox, i. e., speaking crossly to the folks at home, scolding, fault-finding and bossing.

Eighth, the magazine and newspaper fox. Some people spend more time on these things than they do on the Bible, hence they lose their heavenly mind and become like the nations around them.

Ninth, the worldly care fox. I usually feel a little fearful for a spiritual man or woman when I see them becoming too much absorbed in worldly cares. I am made to think of the words of Jesus, who says, "And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares" (Luke 21; 34).

http://wesley.nnu.edu/holiness_tradition/humphrey/humchp56.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0