✟1,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2C9D7AFC-7EB5-4DAC-8FC5-907AD51D18D9.jpeg
I'd like to thank the Jaycees for electing me as one of their outstanding young men. When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed, has come true a hundred times... And these gentlemen over here, these are the type of people who care, they're dedicated, and they realize that it is possible that they might be building the kingdom of heaven, it's not just too far fetched, from reality. I'd like to say that I learned very early in life that "Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend — without a song." So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.
    • Acceptance speech for the 1970 Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award (16 January 1971), published in Elvis — Word for Word: What He Said, Exactly As He Said It(1999) by Jerry Osborne, p. 188

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daughter of Elvis claims ex-manager squandered her fortune, but he blames her

Lisa Marie: I'm Broke, and I'm Suing
That is crazy. All she had to do was sit back and let the money roll in and live within her means. She was set for life. If the income was not enough then she could have gotten a job. She must have been high on drugs. With all that money it must be difficult to resist the corruption.

Upvote 0