ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,510.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You are a good father, and you communicate to your child for good. But, there are some who are not good and they will put another message in his ear.
We’re taking about whether my communication with my son is clear, as an analogy to how a god supposedly communicates with its believers. I’ve taught my son to not believe anyone who claims to be speaking on my behalf without confirming it with me. If I had two children, I’d communicate with them in the same way, such that the understanding of a piece of information I provided then would be the same between them. I’d make sure of it.

Once again, am I a better communicator than the Christian god?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would an infallible being use fallible means to communicate?

We don't believe they are necessarily fallible, however that doesn't negate the human ability to ignore or discount revelation.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Some more ground work:

"As practised by Socrates in the Cratylus, etymology involves a claim about the underlying semantic content of the name, what it really means or indicates. This content is taken to have been put there by the ancient namegivers: giving an etymology is thus a matter of unwrapping or decoding a name to find the message the namegivers have placed inside. [Rachel Barney, "Socrates Agonistes: The Case of the Cratylus Etymologies," in "Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy," vol. xvi, 1998]"
etymology | Origin and meaning of etymology by Online Etymology Dictionary

"science of meaning in language," 1893, from French sémantique (1883); see semantic (also see -ics). Replaced semasiology (1847), from German Semasiologie (1829), from Greek semasia "signification, meaning."
semantics | Origin and meaning of semantics by Online Etymology Dictionary

"in linguistics, 1866, from Greek sema"sign" (see semantic). Compare pheme, etc.

seme (adj.)

"covered with a small, constantly repeating pattern," 1560s, from Middle French semée "strewn, sprinkled," past participle of semer, from Latin seminare "to sow," from sperm(genitive seminis) "seed" (from PIE root *sē- "to sow")."
seme | Origin and meaning of seme by Online Etymology Dictionary

"Morphology is the study of how things are put together, like the make-up of animals and plants, or the branch of linguistics that studies the structure of words."
morphology - Dictionary Definition

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We’re taking about whether my communication with my son is clear, as an analogy to how a god supposedly communicates with its believers. I’ve taught my son to not believe anyone who claims to be speaking on my behalf without confirming it with me. If I had two children, I’d communicate with them in the same way, such that the understanding of a piece of information I provided then would be the same between them. I’d make sure of it.

The situation is more like the following clip:

Remember, this is the kid's response after being kidnapped and having his mind poisoned by lies.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

You won't know what message was truly communicated and what was wholly received until the fruit (if any) is produced. Peter Pan's son was well on his way to bearing the fruit of Hook, the usurper, but thankfully, his true and good Father's voice came through, and he heard.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Come further up, come further in!", as Lewis would say...
Quote by C.S. Lewis: “I have come home at last! This is my real count...”

In Hebrew, the word for truth, emet (אֱמֶת), contains the first, middle, and the last letter of the Hebrew alphabet, indicating that truth encompasses all things and endures from the beginning (א) to the end (ת)..

בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ

Genesis 1:1 Hebrew Text Analysis

"science of meaning in language," 1893, from French sémantique (1883); see semantic (also see -ics). Replaced semasiology (1847), from German Semasiologie (1829), from Greek semasia "signification, meaning."
semantics | Origin and meaning of semantics by Online Etymology Dictionary

"in linguistics, 1866, from Greek sema"sign" (see semantic). Compare pheme, etc.

"early 13c., "gesture or motion of the hand," especially one meant to communicate something, from Old French signe "sign, mark," from Latin signum "identifying mark, token, indication, symbol; proof; military standard, ensign; a signal, an omen; sign in the heavens, constellation...

According to Watkins, literally "standard that one follows," from PIE *sekw-no-, from root *sekw- (1) "to follow." But de Vaan has it from PIE *sekh-no- "cut," from PIE root *sek- "to cut" He writes: "The etymological appurtenance to seco 'to cut' implies a semantic shift of *sek-no- 'what is cut out', 'carved out' > 'sign'." But he also also compares Hebrew sakkin, Aramaic sakkin "slaughtering-knife," and mentions a theory that "both words are probably borrowed from an unknown third source...

"...to set a mark upon, mark out, designate; mark with a stamp; distinguish, adorn;" figuratively "to point out, signify, indicate," from signum "identifying mark, sign" (see sign (n.)). Sense of "to mark, stamp" is attested from mid-14c.; that of "to affix one's name" is from late 15c..."
sign | Origin and meaning of sign by Online Etymology Dictionary

"The Aleph is a letter which began in the Paleo-Hebrew as a depiction of an ox head. This ox head, when turned to point upward, is the modern capital “A” of our alphabet. This symbol conveys the power found in the horns of the ox, and its subsequent authority. However, there is nothing wasted in the Hebrew; even the spelling of the letter Aleph (אלפ), has its own intrinsic meaning.

The ox head became the symbol of leadership and in meaning is distinguished from the letter resh (ר), from which the word rosh (as in Rosh Hashanah) is derived. Rosh denotes the first leader – the chief. The Aleph denotes the heavenly primacy; that is to say, the first position in all things. The modern Aleph (א) again is so very interesting, in that it depicts the whole of the concept in the revealing of the Ayn Sof – the infinite who occupies infinite dimensions infinitely – to mankind. In its essence, the modern Aleph has a yod (י) above and a yod (י) below, divided yet connected by the mediator vav (ו) we call ben Elohiym (Son of Elohiym). The letter Aleph then depicts the yod (the right hand of Elohiym), the yod (the left hand of Elohiym) and the vav (the mediator ben Elohiym – HAMASHIACH). It is of some consequence that the yod on earth (the hand of Elohiym on earth) is connected to the yod in the heavens (the hand of Elohiym in the heavens) by means of the vav, which means the nail. Behold the nail (ה then ו), behold the hand (ה then י)."

The term Aleph (Aleph-lamed-phe) means in its essence the oxhead, the shepherd’s staff, and the mouth or voice. Aleph as spelled out means the voice of the chief shepherd (or divine shepherd). It is also of some interest to those who follow the geometry of Hebrew, that this construction of the modern Aleph as yod-yod-vav, leaves in its wake a gematria of 26, which is the divine gematria of the tetragrammaton we transliterate as YAHUAH (again, יהוה). Fascinating, isn’t it?...

We have almost answered the question concerning the Tav. Consider that the tree is called in Hebrew עֵץ `(etz); and that a branch (נצר netzer) shall grow out of the roots of Yishay (Jesse)(Yesha’yahu 11:1); and that the town of Natsareth (נצרת Netzerath) is the place of the Branch, and that נצר netzer means the seed of the tree, and that YAHUSHA was marked on the cross (which Kepha (Peter) refers to as a tree (etz) Kepha Ri’shon 2:24) as the Natsariy (נצרי), that therefore his followers might be known as the Natsariym (נצרים).

The Tav, the two crossed sticks, the two crossed trees, ultimately, is Yisrael...

...In the beginning, Elohiym created eth – the Aleph Tav. The Aleph Tav preceded the creation of the heavens and preceded the creation of the earth! Because the Aleph is the first letter, and the Tav the last, it is equally true that the word eth also means Aleph through Tav (and all points in between). In short, the Aleph Tav represents every Word (omer) of ELOHIYM...

...Yahuchanon 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with את ELOHIYM, and the Word was ELOHIYM. 2 The same was in the beginning with את ELOHIYM. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...

I leave you with the parting words of Yahuchanon in the Chizayon of YAHUSHA HAMASHIACH:

Chizayon 22:13-14

I am the Aleph Tav; the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life (etz chayim), and may enter in through the gates into the city."
What is the Aleph Tav?

*The Aleph and Tav in the Hebrew Scriptures

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

This may help answer what I believe you are asking:

Crescendo/cacophony

*Especially posts #s 3 and 4.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Does that make me a better communicator than the Christian god

No.

Am I a better communicator than the Christian god?

No.

No.

Reminds me of:

"Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

"Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

"Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."
John 21:15-17

• Haha
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0