Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Last white man standing.

:doh:

As the sole white senator, he felt that it was in some ways easier - and more symbolic - for him to take the lead than his junior senator Tim Scott , who is African American , or Governor Nikki Haley , who is of Indian descent, according to a source familiar with Graham's thinking.

Full story here -->:doh:

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Slavery existed longer under the Union flag than the Confederate. Let's bring down both.
While that's true, the Union flag was not created to fight for the cause of slavery.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really? THAT is the problem?
There is more to it than that. Raising a battle flag is like a saying you're fighting something IMHO. What exactly SC is fighting I don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is that they are flying the battle flags of specific states and not the actual confederate flag.
I think you're mistaken. South Carolina was flying the Confederate battle flag, not its own state version.

This is SC's state version (note the crescent and palm tree):
530px-South_Carolina_Sovereignty-Secession_Flag.svg.png

But this is the flag they flew over SC state capitol (note the lack of crescent and palm tree):
23CHARLESTONWEB-master315.jpg

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still have not received an answer whether any state is flying the Grand Union flag above their state buildings.
Not state, but San Francisco has one flying outside its City Hall.

992px-Grand-Union-Flag.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
While that's true, the Union flag was not created to fight for the cause of slavery.
You can say that, but it's a monument to young men who fought--and died--for their homeland, and reasonable people should honor the commitment of such men, especially in their home state. Few of the Confederate troops owned slaves, by the way, and even fewer thought that they were fighting for the preservation of slavery.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can say that, but it's a monument to young men who fought--and died--for their homeland, and reasonable people should honor the commitment of such men, especially in their home state. Few of the Confederate troops owned slaves, by the way, and even fewer thought that they were fighting for the preservation of slavery.
No, it's not a monument. It went into disuse after the Rebels were defeated only to arise again in the fight against civil rights.

There are actual monuments to the men, young and old, who fought to preserve the right to own slaves.

In South Carolina:
BISHOPVILLE.gif

CHARLESTONFORTSUMTER.gif

FORTMILLSCWOMEN.gif

There are more such monuments in other states.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"One"...what?
Look at the quote I replied to in my post and look at the picture. If you still can't figure it out here's a hint:
Grand Union flag

Upvote 0