Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure yall are aware of pictures of these "lightbeams" coming down from the sky when lightning strikes. I personally don't think anything of it, because I can't recall any prophecy or biblical scripture that matches up to these supposed phenomenon. I'm wondering what or if yall have any comments regarding them.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do not doubt, there is coming a Day when all those vivid prophesies about the Lord sending lightning flashes far and wide will literally happen. Check out: Deuteronomy 32:41-43, Isaiah 29:6, Psalms 11:6, Zechariah 9:14, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7

There are over 70 prophesies that tell of this forthcoming worldwide judgement/punishment of the nations. It will be triggered by an attack on Israel by a confederation of Islamic peoples.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do not doubt, there is coming a Day when all those vivid prophesies about the Lord sending lightning flashes far and wide will literally happen. Check out: Deuteronomy 32:41-43, Isaiah 29:6, Psalms 11:6, Zechariah 9:14, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7

There are over 70 prophesies that tell of this forthcoming worldwide judgement/punishment of the nations. It will be triggered by an attack on Israel by a confederation of Islamic peoples.

That is very true, but that doesn't answer the question.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never heard of it. You have any pictures of these light beams?

I looked for about 10min on different pages i saw the postings on on facebook, but couldn't find them (of course!). If I come across them, ill post the pictures.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is very true, but that doesn't answer the question.
This is a Bible prophecy forum, not a physics discussion.
What is prophesied to happen on the Lord Day of wrath, is a Coronal Mass Ejection, Isaiah 30:26, a sunstrike that will literally fulfil all those prophesies saying the Lord will send: lightning flashes and fire.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a Bible prophecy forum, not a physics discussion.

I know that....

What is prophesied to happen on the Lord Day of wrath, is a Coronal Mass Ejection, Isaiah 30:26, a sunstrike that will literally fulfil all those prophesies saying the Lord will send: lightning flashes and fire.

None of your postings have answered my simple question. I believe all of Revelation will be literally fulfilled, what my question is asking is what yall make of those "lightbeams" that have come from certain pictures of lightning. Since we have thousands of pictures in our history of lightning and none of them consisted of these "lightbeams", I was simply looking for something I may have missed in the scriptures. So far, it appears I haven't and these are either legitimate strange signs from God or someone's practical photoshop joke.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure yall are aware of pictures of these "lightbeams" coming down from the sky when lightning strikes. I personally don't think anything of it, because I can't recall any prophecy or biblical scripture that matches up to these supposed phenomenon. I'm wondering what or if yall have any comments regarding them.

So they are totally different from regular lightening strikes? I haven't heard of these either. Please let us know if you find a picture.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's called a rolling shutter. it's basically an artifact of the way digital cameras work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gif explaining it some.
rolling-shutter-lightning-anim-metabunk.gif

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? So it's just a trick of the camera?
more of an artifact of how it processes data than a "Trick"
Digital cameras don't read all the data in one shot, but read it in a row by row stream(quickly)
If you google Rolling Shutter Lightning there's some good sites (don't know about the language, some sites might have language that's not appropriate for this site, so I'm not linking them) with fully detailed explanations on what's going on, the digital processing science of how the CMOS chips handle the data, memory read patterns ect.

But simply put the camera takes a over all light measurement without the lightning, starts to process the image, gets part way done when the lightning flashes (overexposing one or more rows of CMOS image cells) , lightning finishes, as the camera finishes processing the rest of the data, giving you the beam effect.

If the camera was rotated 90 deg you would end up with a horizontal beam vs a vertical beam

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
more of an artifact of how it processes data than a "Trick"
Digital cameras don't read all the data in one shot, but read it in a row by row stream(quickly)
If you google Rolling Shutter Lightning there's some good sites (don't know about the language, some sites might have language that's not appropriate for this site, so I'm not linking them) with fully detailed explanations on what's going on, the digital processing science of how the CMOS chips handle the data, memory read patterns ect.

But simply put the camera takes a over all light measurement without the lightning, starts to process the image, gets part way done when the lightning flashes (overexposing one or more rows of CMOS image cells) , lightning finishes, as the camera finishes processing the rest of the data, giving you the beam effect.

If the camera was rotated 90 deg you would end up with a horizontal beam vs a vertical beam

Excellent, thanks man. I knew there had to be more to it than what it appeared to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
DUDE check this out!

Come on....this guy just happens to be filming a bunch of trees and this "beam" of light comes down and he is "in the right place at the right time"....that is too funny.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0