Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am old enough that I remember having to be able to quote at least one Bible verse while in the seventh grade in a public school . It did not work . I was not an atheist . I was a typical american boy but lost . The Jews had the Ten Commandments but not a new heart . We may protect our rights , enrich any number of lawyers to "fight for our God given Christen rights " , post the ten commandments on every street corner " but until we repent and humble ourselves like little children , we shall in no wise enter the Kingdom of Heaven . Protesting ....name calling ..blaming liberals ...fighting for our rights ...these things we can do and keep our pride and our puffed up chest . The enemy is very subtle . The enemy is not an atheist ..he disguises himself as an angel of light . " And Jesus turned to Peter and said , Get behind me satan , for thou savoriest not the things that be of God , but the the things that be of MAN ." Satan is not an atheist . He is a humanist that believes that there is a God but wants man to pursue his own happiness ...in other words , Man first , God second . Do you see the deception ? If the ten commandments or the constitution could work righteousness , Christ died in vain . How we have been fooled . Maybe if we put " In God we Trust "on our money , people will know and love God . Nope . Jesus said , you can not serve God and mammon . You will love the one and despise the other . What a slap in the face to put God on our money ...of ALL things . " There is a way that seems right to man and that way leads to death . " Also , " Cursed is the man who trust in man and makes the flesh the arm of his strength and who's heart departs from the Lord. "

I understand what you're trying to say, but the thread is about Trump endorsing the idea of Bible literacy being taught in school, and how there's a big uproar over it because it supposedly violates the Constitution. The fact is, it doesn't, and unless Christians have no problem with any teaching or anything else Christian being eliminated from the public, it should be asserted that our Constitution protects religious freedom of expression and shouldn't be used to eliminate that right. If we sit by while that happens, then we'll eventually be only able to witness to others in a church building or our own homes.

• Agree
Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand what you're trying to say, but the thread is about Trump endorsing the idea of Bible literacy being taught in school, and how there's a big uproar over it because it supposedly violates the Constitution. The fact is, it doesn't, and unless Christians have no problem with any teaching or anything else Christian being eliminated from the public, it should be asserted that our Constitution protects religious freedom of expression and shouldn't be used to eliminate that right. If we sit by while that happens, then we'll eventually be only able to witness to others in a church building or our own homes.
Go ye and make disciples of me . The founders of this country . ( Thomas Paine being one of the most influential ..( who later professed atheism ) and B Franklin ( who's own sister accused of being a heritic ) were not following our master's teachings . )
A christian is a person who has been born again by the will of God and they display the fruits of it . Why did Paul get agitated and cast the demon out of the girl who followed them around athens saying " These men are servants of the most high God ! " ? Paul did not want Christianity associated with her . I shudder when I hear this is or ever was a christian country . The Bible says rebellion is as of the sin of witch craft . I am afraid many muslims associate america with Christianity so no wonder they do not want anything to do with Christ . I am more conservative than a conservative and I do not think it prudent for Christianity to be associated with any president or country . There is no such thing as a christian country for Christ has a Kingdom. The schools ( being secular and preparing children for success in this life rather than the next ) have no place . There are enough unbelievers teaching religion in churches to also now add the schools . It was never in the bible for us to conduct ourselves as Christians mixed with unbelievers . You know how many christians are totally unprepared for God's Kingdom where they do not have a constitution, a vote or any say so whatsover ? Most .
Every day I see school buses taking children to their spiritual deaths. High School will be worse and by college they will be overwhelmingly a godless believer at best . Too busy "learning" to spend any time seeking the Lord . Caught up in senior proms ...sports ...popularity ...nothing at all to do with Jesus Christ ..In other words ..just a normal american . And their parents ? Watching basketball, football , Judge Judy , American Idol or busy climbing the ladder so they can pay for stuff . One day Christ will return unexpectedly and who's children will be busy doing the master's will . Who will hear "Well done thy good and faithful servant . " Not good and faithful church goer or believer ...but servant . We are sadly deceived for none is in servant training . Least of all our children because they learn by example and others are raising them.

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Go ye and make disciples of me . The founders of this country . ( Thomas Paine being one of the most influential ..( who later professed atheism ) and B Franklin ( who's own sister accused of being a heritic ) were not following our master's teachings . )
A christian is a person who has been born again by the will of God and they display the fruits of it . Why did Paul get agitated and cast the demon out of the girl who followed them around athens saying " These men are servants of the most high God ! " ? Paul did not want Christianity associated with her . I shudder when I hear this is or ever was a christian country . The Bible says rebellion is as of the sin of witch craft . I am afraid many muslims associate america with Christianity so no wonder they do not want anything to do with Christ . I am more conservative than a conservative and I do not think it prudent for Christianity to be associated with any president or country . There is no such thing as a christian country for Christ has a Kingdom. The schools ( being secular and preparing children for success in this life rather than the next ) have no place . There are enough unbelievers teaching religion in churches to also now add the schools . It was never in the bible for us to conduct ourselves as Christians mixed with unbelievers . You know how many christians are totally unprepared for God's Kingdom where they do not have a constitution, a vote or any say so whatsover ? Most .
Every day I see school buses taking children to their spiritual deaths. High School will be worse and by college they will be overwhelmingly a godless believer at best . Too busy "learning" to spend any time seeking the Lord . Caught up in senior proms ...sports ...popularity ...nothing at all to do with Jesus Christ ..In other words ..just a normal american . And their parents ? Watching basketball, football , Judge Judy , American Idol or busy climbing the ladder so they can pay for stuff . One day Christ will return unexpectedly and who's children will be busy doing the master's will . Who will hear "Well done thy good and faithful servant . " Not good and faithful church goer or believer ...but servant . We are sadly deceived for none is in servant training . Least of all our children because they learn by example and others are raising them.

We do what we can. At least, we should.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The concept of it is most definitely in the very first clause in the First Amendment:

No, it isn't. The only way to support that claim is to practice the standard leftist art of changing the meaning of simple words. Ergo:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

In order to understand the meaning of this phrase all one must be capable of is understanding the meaning of the word establishment. The Founding Fathers wanted to forestall any attempt on the part of the Government from establishing a State religion, such as was done with the Church of England. The Establishment Clause prevents the US Government from doing just that. The House of Representatives beginning its day with a prayer is not the Government establishing a religion. If a School District, which, by the way, is not a governing body, institutes a policy which allows for Christian students to carry a Bible to class, that does not constitute the establishment of a religion. Rather it is protection of the free exercise thereof.

When a governing body (such as a local public school board) institutes a policy that promotes (establishes) one religion over others, that is a violation of the First Amendment.

For the record, the terms 'promote' and 'establishes' do not have the same meaning. Not even close to the same meaning.

What difference does that make?

For your question to have any meaning you would first have to acknowledge the context of my question to the statement I responded to. You didn't, therefore your question is meaningless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read all the posts, just mainly some of the first ones, just quite a lot to read through for me at this point, seeing how many pages there are now. :idea:

But I think it is a good idea having such bible classes in school. Nowadays they don't focus a lot on this part in most public schools, so that they want to bring it in more isn't such a bad idea, I think. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually this is not true. The Supreme Court has ruled that using the Bible in the classroom is permitted if it is not a part of religious worship, but is integrated as a part of the offerings within a secular program.
The Supreme Court clearly affirmed this position in Stone vs. Graham, 449 U.S. 39, 42 (1980), when it stated that "the Bible may constitutionally be used in an appropriate study of history, civilization, ethics, comparative religion, or the like."
That is not true on the surface either. First off what you said does not minimize the fact that the courts kicked the Bible out of schools in the 1960’s on the basis that the American brand of non denominational Christianity practiced by that people and many of their state governments since before our nation’s founding was being propagated by hundreds of school districts. They did this against the backdrop of 80% of the population not wanting this change. This was a States rights issue that federal government decided it was going to userp through the courts. Even though the 1st ammenedment granted zero power to the federal government to regulate the expression of the peoples religious principle in their government and public policy.

Now as to the Supreme Court ruling you used to validate your historical understanding on this issue. That ruling was the result of hard core long fought battles by Christians and conservatives to be able at least keep the Bible in school as a an the most important historical document in western civilization. But the practical application of it even though they won that ruling in the courts. Something they should never have had to do has been a nightmare. Because for 50 years and hundreds if not thousands of lawsuits. Groups like the ACLU have been fighting the implimantation of that ruling in local districts.

Today there are dozens of school districts that use programs about the Bible. But the damage has been done. What leftist wanted was a public both Christian and non Christian that was intimately familiar with the Bible to become unfamiliar with it. Public schools were a huge part of that general familiarity with what was in the Bible. That way when they spout all kinds of political propaganda and crap about. The public will not know any better. Which is exactly what we see today.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
That is not true on the surface either. First off what you said does not minimize the fact that the courts kicked the Bible out of schools in the 1960’s on the basis that the American brand of non denominational Christianity practiced by that people and many of their state governments since before our nation’s founding was being propagated by hundreds of school districts. They did this against the backdrop of 80% of the population not wanting this change. This was a States rights issue that federal government decided it was going to userp through the courts. Even though the 1st ammenedment granted zero power to the federal government to regulate the expression of the peoples religious principle in their government and public policy.

Now as to the Supreme Court ruling you used to validate your historical understanding on this issue. That ruling was the result of hard core long fought battles by Christians and conservatives to be able at least keep the Bible in school as a an the most important historical document in western civilization. But the practical application of it even though they won that ruling in the courts. Something they should never have had to do has been a nightmare. Because for 50 years and hundreds if not thousands of lawsuits. Groups like the ACLU have been fighting the implimantation of that ruling in local districts.

Today there are dozens of school districts that use programs about the Bible. But the damage has been done. What leftist wanted was a public both Christian and non Christian that was intimately familiar with the Bible to become unfamiliar with it. Public schools were a huge part of that general familiarity with what was in the Bible. That way when they spout all kinds of political propaganda and crap about. The public will not know any better. Which is exactly what we see today.

Brother ..I do't believe that is the problem . What we see today is the result of parents pursuing a career rather than raising their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord . No christian in the time of Paul who desired the salvation of their children would have given their children to strangers to raise 5 days per week with home work and television consuming most evenings and entertainment the week-ends. The " play book " , the instruction manual says for fathers to teach their children about the Lord . This agrees with Deuteronomy 11:19 also ( Two or more witnesses ) .
We had both prayer in school and reciting bible verses when I was in public school . I still remained a godless believer ( verses an atheist ) .
It is I believe unreasonable to think that the god of this world is interested in raising up godly men and women . His job is to distract people from being or staying plugged into the vine . The enemy's job is for man to have hope in man. To increase in knowledge but be destitute in humility We have very smart children. Just lost eternally .
Israel did the same thing . They sacrificed their children to idols so they could have good crops and rains . They became like the culture around them . ( Psalm 106:37 ) Our love of "success" and the hope of our children's worldly success is the root of what we see today .

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother ..I do't believe that is the problem . What we see today is the result of parents pursuing a career rather than raising their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord . No christian in the time of Paul who desired the salvation of their children would have given their children to strangers to raise 5 days per week with home work and television consuming most evenings and entertainment the week-ends. The " play book " , the instruction manual says for fathers to teach their children about the Lord . This agrees with Deuteronomy 11:19 also ( Two or more witnesses ) .
We had both prayer in school and reciting bible verses when I was in public school . I still remained a godless believer ( verses an atheist ) .
It is I believe unreasonable to think that the god of this world is interested in raising up godly men and women . His job is to distract people from being or staying plugged into the vine . The enemy's job is for man to have hope in man. To increase in knowledge but be destitute in humility We have very smart children. Just lost eternally .
Israel did the same thing . They sacrificed their children to idols so they could have good crops and rains . They became like the culture around them . ( Psalm 106:37 ) Our love of "success" and the hope of our children's worldly success is the root of what we see today .

I don't think there has ever been a period when people of child-bearing age weren't spending the prominent portion of their time "bringing home the nut."

In more rural areas, children still hung around their parents, but I'm not convinced a whole lot of teaching was going on.

I believe it was actually grandparents and other elders--having more time to do so--who contributed as much or more than parents in conveying the morals and lessons of the clan to the children.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey I'm with you in the raising of children. I had six and we home schooled them. We were poor and still did it.

I do however think you are misinterpreting what I said. No one who is a real Christian thinks it is the job of a "Christianized " public school system to bring the gospel to children. They are not capable of it. Not their job. But having said that. As far as pubic policy is concerned. Our public school systems were designed to reflect the religious principles of the local community. The federal government usurped that and now everyone can see that the idea of "neutrality" or neutral secularism was a total lie. It was all about hijacking children's upbringing and turning them against what is written in the Bible. To do that they had to first insure they were unfamiliar with what the Bible taught in the first place.

If, and I say if we are to be stuck with the premise that it is the governments job to pay for the education of the nations kids. (Which I don't accept.) Then the only solution that is fair, equitable and respects everyone's sensibilities. Makes for true government neutrality (which is a bunch of hogwash.) They don't want want neutrality. They want to rule over us. That would be a universal voucher system. Where parents get to choose their kids methods of education. Of course Christian based education would be dominate in that situation so that is why leftists will fight to the death to see that we will never have a universal voucher system.

One thing you said I will total object to though. Your comparison of actual idolatry and human sacrifice to parents not raising their children in the fear and knowledge of the Lord. There is no comparing those sins. Especially when it devolves into human sacrifice. The darkness in that type of culture is so great and the open doors to demons into the lives of that culture's inhabitants merits total destruction. Men, women, and children. It is beyond redemption and often a necessary government action to demonstrate that that God will not tolerate that kind of evil. Not caring about the raising of ones children is evil. But not of the same magnitude and it will not bear the same fruit. On top of that. Comparing actual idolatry to figurative idolatry thee way so many Christians do. It hides the great thing God has done in the earth in destroying the power that actual idolatry had over all the nations. Some day it will have none.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as pubic policy is concerned. Our public school systems were designed to reflect the religious principles of the local community.

So that would be Hindu in one suburb of Dallas and Islam in another. And that's what any Christian kids who live in those areas would have to deal with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So that would be Hindu in one suburb of Dallas and Islam in another. And that's what any Christian kids who live in those areas would have to deal with.
There were not Hindu and Muslim suberbs when our public school systems were designed. But like I said. If there was such a thing as true secular government neutrality. We would have a universal voucher system. And like I said. In that scenario. Christian based education would emerge as absolutely dominate in the culture.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think there has ever been a period when people of child-bearing age weren't spending the prominent portion of their time "bringing home the nut."

In more rural areas, children still hung around their parents, but I'm not convinced a whole lot of teaching was going on.

I believe it was actually grandparents and other elders--having more time to do so--who contributed as much or more than parents in conveying the morals and lessons of the clan to the children.

Well I am limited as is everyone not having lived then . I do believe from what I have read and what I have observed when I lived among some former amish , much of the teaching was done through work . One learned obedience , helping your neighbor , loss , sacrifice and thankfulness . I do not wish to glorify a lifestyle , but a family centered agrarian or a family centered trade enterprise did lend itself to a demonstration of the gospel. And when a man is born again , life has it's own lessons which I believe the Holy Spirit will use to teach us ( in accordance with scripture ).
Compare that to a modern practice of christianity mixed with secular ambition and the unspoken lessons to the youth are "survival of the fittest. " ...You must be smarter ...more ambitious ...it's very competitive out there . "
Earlier I had quoted Deutronomy 11:19 which agrees with Paul's teaching ( doctrine ) Fathers , raise your children in the fear and the admonition of the Lord . Joshua ..as for me and my house , we will serve the Lord ...and finally from Malachi 4:5-6 . And I will send Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord . And he shall turn the hearts of the father to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers , LEST I COME AND SMITE THE EARTH WITH A CURSE .
Do you know what that curse will look like ? Look out your window. We have become a people who have been raised(influenced) by strangers and we have prospered . We have gained the world. Only the cost has been horrific .
Rather than being involved in trying to change the world through politics , I wonder what would happen if the church would just repent as Jesus tells us to do in revelation ?

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey I'm with you in the raising of children. I had six and we home schooled them. We were poor and still did it.

I do however think you are misinterpreting what I said. No one who is a real Christian thinks it is the job of a "Christianized " public school system to bring the gospel to children. They are not capable of it. Not their job. But having said that. As far as pubic policy is concerned. Our public school systems were designed to reflect the religious principles of the local community. The federal government usurped that and now everyone can see that the idea of "neutrality" or neutral secularism was a total lie. It was all about hijacking children's upbringing and turning them against what is written in the Bible. To do that they had to first insure they were unfamiliar with what the Bible taught in the first place.

If, and I say if we are to be stuck with the premise that it is the governments job to pay for the education of the nations kids. (Which I don't accept.) Then the only solution that is fair, equitable and respects everyone's sensibilities. Makes for true government neutrality (which is a bunch of hogwash.) They don't want want neutrality. They want to rule over us. That would be a universal voucher system. Where parents get to choose their kids methods of education. Of course Christian based education would be dominate in that situation so that is why leftists will fight to the death to see that we will never have a universal voucher system.

One thing you said I will total object to though. Your comparison of actual idolatry and human sacrifice to parents not raising their children in the fear and knowledge of the Lord. There is no comparing those sins. Especially when it devolves into human sacrifice. The darkness in that type of culture is so great and the open doors to demons into the lives of that culture's inhabitants merits total destruction. Men, women, and children. It is beyond redemption and often a necessary government action to demonstrate that that God will not tolerate that kind of evil. Not caring about the raising of ones children is evil. But not of the same magnitude and it will not bear the same fruit. On top of that. Comparing actual idolatry to figurative idolatry thee way so many Christians do. It hides the great thing God has done in the earth in destroying the power that actual idolatry had over all the nations. Some day it will have none.

Well I agree with you that the government will not tolerate anything which leads to godliness nor repentance . And that is exactly as it should be . It can not be otherwise until Christ returns .
Ironically , even a democracy or republic is not a christian form of government ( unless God is interested in my opinions and the opinions of man .) Saul listened to the people rather than obey God . Absalom appeased and wooed the people and usurped King Davids authority . Politics is described in the last part of the first chapter of Romans ...back biting , whispers , full of envy , debate strife , gossips ......and this is the kicker ...haters of God ...yes , those believers who do such thing are called haters of God . Wow !
Regarding Idolatry ...one of the the hebrew words for idolatry is elil ...a non entity ...things which lack reality . I came from advertising . We taught people to love stuff ...to pursue things . I sacrificed my children so I could be successful . ( I was not a christian although I would have said I was . ) Brother ...this is idolatry . Paul says covetousness is idolatry . A more subtle form than child sacrifice but Satan is subtle . An angel of light .... but the results are the same . Metaphorically we sacrifice to our nets . And it speaks to where we are and how we got here . And the ironic part is ...we get to rail against the left for promoting abortion ( which is wicked ) and we get to feel self-righteous while we men should be undone in the sight of God for aborting our living children . May God have mercy on us .

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I agree with you that the government will not tolerate anything which leads to godliness nor repentance . And that is exactly as it should be . It can not be otherwise until Christ returns .
Ironically , even a democracy or republic is not a christian form of government ( unless God is interested in my opinions and the opinions of man .) Saul listened to the people rather than obey God . Absalom appeased and wooed the people and usurped King Davids authority . Politics is described in the last part of the first chapter of Romans ...back biting , whispers , full of envy , debate strife , gossips ......and this is the kicker ...haters of God ...yes , those believers who do such thing are called haters of God . Wow !
Regarding Idolatry ...one of the the hebrew words for idolatry is elil ...a non entity ...things which lack reality . I came from advertising . We taught people to love stuff ...to pursue things . I sacrificed my children so I could be successful . ( I was not a christian although I would have said I was . ) Brother ...this is idolatry . Paul says covetousness is idolatry . A more subtle form than child sacrifice but Satan is subtle . An angel of light .... but the results are the same . Metaphorically we sacrifice to our nets . And it speaks to where we are and how we got here . And the ironic part is ...we get to rail against the left for promoting abortion ( which is wicked ) and we get to feel self-righteous while we men should be undone in the sight of God for aborting our living children . May God have mercy on us .
There is no reconciling what you believe and what I believe. At all. I believe what you are articulating is a total perversion of the truth and Gods will for the earth. I'm sure you think you are full of light and the gospel. One of us will be judged for preaching and teaching falsehoods.
http://wordservice.org/Bible%20Basics/bb9000.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were not Hindu and Muslim suberbs when our public school systems were designed.

Actually, there were a couple of Muslim communities in the country from the time "public school systems" were designed.

And there were always communities of borderline groups like Mormons, Shakers, Quakers, Anabaptists, and even the early Baptists for whose benefit the state was made separate from any establishment of religion in the first place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, there were a couple of Muslim communities in the country from the time "public school systems" were designed.

And there were always communities of borderline groups like Mormons, Shakers, Quakers, Anabaptists, and even the early Baptists for whose benefit the state was made separate from any establishment of religion in the first place.
Come on. You call this "Muslim Communities."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States
Here is an example of the first public schools in the USA 1780
Christian Influence in Massachusetts Original Constitution 1780
Shakers and Quakers were the Pentecostal of the day. Pennsylvania was established by Quakers, banned slavery and was considered the model in the founding era for its relations with the natives. Treating them as equals. Anabaptist means getting baptized twice. Once as a baby later as an adult who accepts Christ. In essence half of all Christians have always been Anabaptist. The only outlier there is Mormons who were driven out of the eastern USA by mobs who were angry at the fruad of the whole thing. The founder died by mob.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come on. You call this "Muslim Communities."
Islam in the United States - Wikipedia
Here is an example of the first public schools in the USA 1780
Christian Influence in Massachusetts Original Constitution 1780
Shakers and Quakers were the Pentecostal of the day. Pennsylvania was established by Quakers, banned slavery and was considered the model in the founding era for its relations with the natives. Treating them as equals. Anabaptist means getting baptized twice. Once as a baby later as an adult who accepts Christ. In essence half of all Christians have always been Anabaptist. The only outlier there is Mormons who were driven out of the eastern USA by mobs who were angry at the fruad of the whole thing. The founder died by mob.

My point was that all the groups I mentioned needed protection at various times from the various established state religions, which was secured by the separation of church and state in the federal government.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My point was that all the groups I mentioned needed protection at various times from the various established state religions, which was secured by the separation of church and state in the federal government.
No such quote in the federal constitution. What you saw in Massachusetts original constitution. If you read it. All of them are similar. Was the free exercise of the people's religion. The expression of their religious principle in as it relates to their government. Which the 1st amendment forbade the federal government from interfering with. Of course they have now turned the whole thing on its head and consider themselves to be the official arbitrators of what can and cannot be expressed in the laws and policies of our government.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As a Christian, I think this is a bad idea. It is unconstitutional and will just create resentment from non-Christians, which was one of the reasons militant atheism gained traction starting in the 80s and more notably in the 2000s. It was a monster the religious right created.
Hate speech

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian, I think this is a bad idea. It is unconstitutional and will just create resentment from non-Christians, which was one of the reasons militant atheism gained traction starting in the 80s and more notably in the 2000s. It was a monster the religious right created.

Non Christians have resented Christians since, well, since Christ Himself was here. 2,000 years hasn't changed anything in that regard.

Upvote 0