Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In terms of being in love with someone of the same sex, it doesn't mention love, but it speaks on the sexual aspect of it.

Such as Hebrews 13:4 that says the marriage bed should remain pure, and God will judge the adulterer and sexually immoral.

Or in John 8:7-11 where Jesus tells the women who is sleeping around to leave her life of sin.

Romans 1:26-28 says, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done."

Jude 1:7-8 says, "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings."

1st Timothy 1:8-11 says, "We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

Mark 10:6-9 says, "for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

1st Corinthians 6:9-11 says, "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Leviticus 18:22, "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

1st Corinthians 6:17-20 says, "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Anyway, I think there are more, but you got the idea. Not sure if you meant emotionally love, but it seems sure from the Word that homosexuality in itself is detestable, a sin, and we should flee from it.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:24-27

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for scriptures that specifically say that a woman or a man cannot love a person of the same gender. Not ones stating that a man CAN love a woman or related messages. I want ones saying they can or cannot love the same sex. Thanks!
Some take Galatians 3:28 that way.

Reactions: ModernMoses
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am looking for scriptures that specifically say that a woman or a man cannot love a person of the same gender. Not ones stating that a man CAN love a woman or related messages. I want ones saying they can or cannot love the same sex. Thanks!

There is nothing that says that we can't love people of the same gender, but the Bible does prohibit homosexal sex.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Some take Galatians 3:28 that way.

The Bible refers to people as being Greeks, Jews, slaves, free, men, and women, so quite clearly Paul was not denying the existence of these categories. The issue was that that people thought that they had a higher status because of their category, such as Jews thinking that the were saved simply because they were a Jew, so Paul was denying that these categories gave a special status in regard to who can be in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In terms of being in love with someone of the same sex, it doesn't mention love, but it speaks on the sexual aspect of it.

Such as Hebrews 13:4 that says the marriage bed should remain pure, and God will judge the adulterer and sexually immoral.

Or in John 8:7-11 where Jesus tells the women who is sleeping around to leave her life of sin.

Romans 1:26-28 says, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done."

Jude 1:7-8 says, "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings."

1st Timothy 1:8-11 says, "We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

Mark 10:6-9 says, "for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

1st Corinthians 6:9-11 says, "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Leviticus 18:22, "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

1st Corinthians 6:17-20 says, "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Anyway, I think there are more, but you got the idea. Not sure if you meant emotionally love, but it seems sure from the Word that homosexuality in itself is detestable, a sin, and we should flee from it.

1st Timothy 1:8-11 is the most powerful one for me, homosexuality is a sin, even if our world accepts it. After all, what are we but the salt of the earth, Matthew 5:13.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, a homosexual might feel that unnatural love, but they shouldn't act on it. Much like even heterosexuals are called to save themselves until marriage. The bible is very strict on all sexual acts, as it was created by God for a single purpose. Just like everything else we touch, man has perverted God's laws.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
tenthdoctor%20oookay.gif~c200

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really want to slap people sometimes. Can someone help me find a Scripture that specifically says it is not OK to slap another person, especially if I really, really want to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You can find these things listed in hundreds or probably thousands of places on the internet. It's always going to be the same verses. If you say a little more about what you're looking for (if you're looking for anything else), maybe someone will make suggestions.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well problem with some christians is the want perfectly matching verses that use exact words. If they can't find it then they justify their view. I mean I don't see a verse that says I can't go skydiving since its very dangerous. Or that I shouldn't stand in the rain when theres lightning. Or that youtube isn't allowed being something I like alot (not to an idol point).

Now is "loving the same sex" stated in the bible? As in that exact word? No. But we know other verses that talk about laying with the same sex. Some will argue "Thats about sex!", not love. But we all know what the verses actually mean, Saying it doesn't say a certain word is silly. Look at suicide. Many christians are ok with suicide because the bible doesn't say anything about it. Despite the fact it does, they will say "It doesn't say suicide though!". Or they will also add on "It doesn't say I will go to hell if I commit suicide!". Though they probably find out the hard way they were wrong.

Going by your past posts it looks like your not here because your in support of LGBT, but more so curious maybe how to talk to people who ask you about "love" and LGBT.

Upvote 0

IridescentLight

Feb 1, 2017
Florida
✟11,554.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So, a homosexual might feel that unnatural love, but they shouldn't act on it. Much like even heterosexuals are called to save themselves until marriage. The bible is very strict on all sexual acts, as it was created by God for a single purpose. Just like everything else we touch, man has perverted God's laws.
This^^ I struggle with homosexuality and I've came to the same conclusion, i.e. I have these attractions, but I can't act on it. Most of the verses have been given here I think so I can't really add anything in that regard, but I felt the need to put in my two cents.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You will find none in the Bible of a man loving a man as a man (husband) loves a woman (wife), because the Bible does not recognize homosexual relations as love. You cannot love a mirror image. It is narcissism.

Moreover, Jesus affirms marriage between one man and one woman. He never affirms a union between 2 men or 2 women because He has defined it as an abomination. There is no love in that which God has defined an abomination.

Condemnation of homosexuality:
Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, Romans 1:18-31

Affirmation of marriage between one man and one woman:
Genesis 2:23-24, Matthew 19:4-6

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, (10) nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (11) And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

• Agree
Reactions: ADisciple
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You will find none in the Bible of a man loving a man as a man (husband) loves a woman (wife), because the Bible does not recognize homosexual relations as love. You cannot love a mirror image. It is narcissism.

Moreover, Jesus affirms marriage between one man and one woman. He never affirms a union between 2 men or 2 women because He has defined it as an abomination. There is no love in that which God has defined an abomination.

Most men with men don't look so much like their partners that they would be considered mirror images of each other.

Also, in your second paragraph quoted above, it seems like you're saying that the incarnate Jesus in the Gospels defined "a union between 2 men or 2 women" as an abomination. I'm not aware of where he does that.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.