Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you think about the bible isn't biblical. The bible does not say those things.

Men do. Men also twist the bible to fit their philosophies.

You don't think two men can have this love for one another, even two gay men? I don't think some people here have done enough living and interacting with real people to come to such a dismissive judgment on gay relationships.

The issue is far more complicated than it would initially seem. At risk is the Christian charity we owe to all human beings as their right.
I think Christian charity is at risk only if we say it includes making people feel comfortable in their sins. If we truly love another believer they need to know that and that also includes pointing out where they are wrong if part of their life is habitually enslaved to any particular sin. If a believer is so entrenched in a sinful habit that they do not even see it as wrong anymore, then I feel the Body owes them a wakeup call.
If my foot is happy rotting away I don't look at it and say "oh wow, you are right you are fine, keep it up". No. I love my foot and the Body would not be complete without it. But that love does not require me to sit idly by or pretend my foot is OK while it wastes away in sins which are working to it's own damnation.

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

patdee

Sep 20, 2016
Duluth, Georgia
✟23,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am looking for scriptures that specifically say that a woman or a man cannot love a person of the same gender. Not ones stating that a man CAN love a woman or related messages. I want ones saying they can or cannot love the same sex. Thanks!

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them (they bring it upon themselves!).

And we KNOW this law (one of 613 "Levitical laws" given to the Israelite's by God) survived the "cross"; because the following was written by Paul AFTER Jesus died:

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly (abominable), and receiving in themselves that recompence (just punishment) of their error (believing it is "OK") which was meet (poured out on them by the wrath of God for their abominable sins).

There need be NO further proof that ALL "homosexual acts" ARE indeed abominable (worse than most sins); than those verses above. Thus: the notion that the act is "OK" is satan-led and hogwash! Whether any one believes it or not; and this includes the United States Supreme Court!! Oh indeed YES!

Further: MOST Christians are DEAD wrong when they say (a VERY popular thesis today sadly) that the deed is NOT born in them; rather it is "learned". That is pure nonsense*. For most ALL sins are born in us. There are born liars, covetors, blasphemers, murderers, gossipers, thieves, selfishness, arrogance, wickedness, haughty pride, etc, etc, and more often than not, it comes OUT of the womb; whether any one believes it or not! Oh indeed yes.

Being born with all kind of sins..................................Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity (sins) of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation..........................Does NOT give us justification for committing sin.

NO way! This is why Jesus taught (in the Lord's prayer) the ANSWER to all of our sinful deeds..................Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation (to sin), but deliver us from evil (satan-directed wicked deeds): For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

So ALL tempting to sin is of satan; and EVERY one of these "temptings" CAN be removed; but ONLY by Jesus. Oh indeed yes. There is NO "will-power", Yea, NO force that exists that is capable of performing this miracle of miracles; except through Jesus. Through sincere prayer; admitting our sins; AND praying that He remove said sins; WILL achieve the total removal of the desire to sin. Whether "yuz" believe it or not. Praise His Holy Name. But remember, it MUST be sincere and desired. When the tempting to sin is gone, there is little to no chance it will happen.

Also: Jesus told a man right after He had healed him, "Thy sins be forgiven thee". Luke 5:18 And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him. Luke 5:19 And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus. Luke 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Note, the man did NOT come to Jesus to have his sins removed; for he was brought to get his "palsy" cured. Yet Jesus intimated that the man's illness was BECAUSE of the man's sins. Think about that for a while. It is a bombshell to all satan-led, Godless liberal thinking. Oh indeed YES! It is my considered belief that "Aids", is a punishment for homosexuality. Sadder; it can become "catching" also. So the sins of one can infiltrate others minds. Oh indeed yes. 'Tis best to pray about this.

* Note: there ARE "copycats" and people who are inquisitive, etc, that will engage in this abominable sin. But the overwhelmingly of "homo's" are born that way. Oh indeed yes!

In any case, may Jesus richly bless you and yours always

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
In other words, @NursingNinja, FireDragon76 is saying to Shut up and sit down I know better then you and we should kick logic out the window. He does not want us fact checking him.

No... those are your words, not mine.

I just am not a rationalist, I'm more of a phenomenologist. I don't expect the world to be completely intelligible to my finite and sinful mind. But I do know what God has commanded me to do, to love my neighbor as myself. Without exceptions. That means caring about every aspect of their wellbeing and taking their life experiences seriously, because they are made in the divine image.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

The site rules include this:

Homosexuality may not be promoted* on CF. Several debate forums allow same-sex marriage to be discussed from a political, legal, historical, and civil rights point of view. Please check the Statement of Purpose thread for individual debate forums before posting. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed in the Congregational forums according to each forums' guidelines in their Statement of Purpose. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed, without promotion*, in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues. Members may not promote* homosexuality or same-sex marriage in their profiles.

This is not one of the forums where discussing homosexuality as to political, legal and in regards to civil rights points of view is allowed. And this thread is not about any of those but about the theology on it.

This thread is closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.