LGBT media should apologize for exploiting Ted Cruz’s 13-yr-old daughter on TikTok

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

Caroline Cruz should absolutely be left alone, and LGBT media should issue an apology for their reckless exploitation of a young adolescent

(LifeSiteNews) — LGBT media are facing a backlash after unashamedly exploiting a TikTok post by Sen. Ted Cruz’s daughter in which she suggested she might be bisexual in order to advance their own political agenda.

“Ted Cruz’s teen daughter comes out as bisexual,” blared an LGBTQ Nation headline. “She described herself as bi on TikTok and said she ‘basically disagrees’ with the far-right Senator on everything — from politics to her clothes.”

Another publication with an LGBT-targeted audience, The Advocate, had posted a story with a similar message: “Ted Cruz’s Teenage Daughter Says She’s Bi, Disagrees With Him.”

Here’s the thing: Cruz’s daughter is only 13 years old. Just 13 … a newly minted teen.

The LGBTQNation report began:

Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) daughter, Caroline, has reportedly come out on social media as bisexual while castigating her father’s far-right political views.

In a video posted to TikTok, she also accuses her parents of digitally altering a photo for the family Christmas card to make her clothing look more conservative …

But after the video went viral, users noticed that she also included her pronouns and described herself as “bi” in the profile.

A screenshot of a comment thread shows someone asking if her bisexuality “is something he knows” if she was comfortable talking about the subject.

“I haven’t told him yet, I’m kinda nervous tbh but I don’t think he would be mad about it.”

“The teen’s worries could be well-founded,” suggested the LGBTQ Nation report, which went on to describe Cruz as “[o]ne of the most vociferously anti-LGBTQ members of Congress.”

Backlash

Continued below.
LGBT media should apologize for exploiting Ted Cruz's 13-yr-old daughter on TikTok - LifeSite