dmoGodswarrior

Apr 5, 2006
michigan
✟7,672.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I also posted this on my blog, and i feel like i need to get the message out to where everyone can read it. It is time to turn our teen generation around and save it from all of the garbage that the media tells us that is good and right for us. We need to take a stand and say that i will not tolerate this type of behavior anymore. We need to do whatever it takes to tell the media that we as christians do not accept this type of behavior and we want it to stop. It is time that we stop being passive christians and begin to redirect this country back towards the Godly values that it was formed on. Who is with me!!!!! Feel free to give some ideas so that we can win this country back:amen:

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Live great lives, helping others selflessly, regardless of who they are or what they can do for us in return. Make them wonder "What makes him/her tick?" "What do they got that I don't?" and "How can I be like them, what's their secret?"

We need to back off of using politics to tell the unchurched how to live, since they don't understand why we feel the way we do. They see us as only wanted to deny them stuff, rather than save them from it. That only comes through a personal relationship with Christ.

Reactions: JulianaTheory
Upvote 0

Morning_Star

Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Something great thats been working with the youth at the church I attend is that we cut down the religion thing and made a youth church that was fun. We would do some worship but in a non formal way. Using beam bags and blow up chairs instead of seats in rows. Then we would do a 'god slot' where we could talk in a group about any problems we were facing or prayer requests, then we would eat and have fun and fellowship time together. We would mix 'acceptable language' secular music with christian music, once a month we would do a saturday party at church. we evn filled a room with 300 balloons for one persons birthday and put on a really good night. its about making people feel valued. This shows love and that christians can have fun too! We don't need alcohol to have fun! Also Iv'e noticed people naturally want to know Jesus when they experience God's love through his children and see how life can be enjoyed to the full without the junk!

Reactions: Kelly
Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
dmoGodswarrior said:
I also posted this on my blog, and i feel like i need to get the message out to where everyone can read it. It is time to turn our teen generation around and save it from all of the garbage that the media tells us that is good and right for us. We need to take a stand and say that i will not tolerate this type of behavior anymore. We need to do whatever it takes to tell the media that we as christians do not accept this type of behavior and we want it to stop. It is time that we stop being passive christians and begin to redirect this country back towards the Godly values that it was formed on. Who is with me!!!!! Feel free to give some ideas so that we can win this country back:amen:

'Redirect the country back to God'

If the young adults actually think like they type (at other websites) then this country is not going to survive.

It seems that they somehow think that they have only 10 seconds to type and send their posts.

If these were occasional posts I would not be concerned, but, entire threads contain these kinds of posts on major issues at other sites made up mostly of young adults. Very scarry how they were never taught to think critically.

Maybe to turn this country around, we need to encourage the young adults to become interested in thinking critically on issues they want to have a say about.

Upvote 0

_Paladin_

Sep 16, 2004
13326 Yvonne, Warren, MI 48088
Visit site
✟8,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed I think thinking critically is important, but I am wondering as to what you motive was for implying the Original Poster was unable to think critically about what he wrote?

Clearly he was excited, but perhaps it would be prudent to hear him out before casting judgement on his ability to think critically hmm?

Upvote 0

underthesouthercross

Apr 12, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thats awesome what you said about this generation becuase it really is happening because l remmeber talking to my pastor and he said he couldnt even bring his guitar back in the old days in the church.
but not just that he said this generation is moving forward like never before keep the good work up everyone god bless

Upvote 0

Morning_Star

Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Guys, I'm just soooooooooo excited!! :D

This weekend I was in my local town and there were about 50 young christians standing together singing worship songs and giving out flyers for a concert out reach event. I joined them in the singing and some people just walked past and others stayed a while and some even seemed interested and took away the flyers. I wasn't at the night event to see what the outcome was of the actual event but it just made me realise how God can use us to do anything when we make ourselves available to him!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.