b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
I see killing people as a medical procedure all the time is OK, as long as that person is still in a uterus.

But we do have Jesus saying that to our enemies we should be loving.

Too bad the unborn so hated, and is not given an opportunity to speak on his or her own account. As we are doing now. All of us. And all of us coming from the womb.

Yes, yes, let's delve into killing people per beliefs shall we?

I didn't think an actual happening is a derail. If it is, let's start a new thread about belief systems and killing by there influence.

:cool:

Why do you constantly divert statements? Do you lack the courage to answer a question honestly without diverting it to another, unrelated topic?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Somewhat off-topic but relevant to your remark ...you DO realize that the book you obviously idolize contains enough 'hate crimes' from God to prompt 'regular folks' like us to question it, don't you? He IS pretty vicious in the OT, y'know.

Take that up with those that follow complete adherance to the Torah.

I'd love to see that KID.

Things are pretty vicious in the secular world too KID.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
The Pharisees quoted Scripture to condemn Jesus for healing on the Sabbath.
I just don't think it was done to edify, but to flame Old Skool, so, I'm just asking what the rules on this, lest any of us make a mistake.

If one is purposefully misusing Scripture to spiritually abuse, CF is the last of your worries.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have read them. I didn't see any of the apostles or followers depicted therein when asked a question, they pointed to other people and said "BUT THEY ARE DOING WORSE!!!!"

You mean like the pagans and tax collectors?

You need to reread them.

And pay attention to all of the parables.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But isn't the Torah God still the same God of the present-day Christian ...?

Yup that is why when He said to do good to bad people, we should follow His advice. Actually it wasn't advice was it.

[qoute]Why? What would they do to me in the name of God?[/quote]

Feed and clothe you if you are poor and needy and "they" are Christians.

Yes, but we don't worship those who perpetrate such things, do we?

I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, as He was known to the Apostles. We and they call Him Jesus. Well, they called Him, Yeshua.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Pharisees quoted Scripture to condemn Jesus for healing on the Sabbath.
I just don't think it was done to edify, but to flame Old Skool, so, I'm just asking what the rules on this, lest any of us make a mistake.

If one is purposefully misusing Scripture to spiritually abuse, CF is the last of your worries.

It's hard for me to believe that it was actually you that typed the keys making those words.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I see killing people as a medical procedure all the time is OK, as long as that person is still in a uterus.

But we do have Jesus saying that to our enemies we should be loving.

Too bad the unborn so hated, and is not given an opportunity to speak on his or her own account. As we are doing now. All of us. And all of us coming from the womb.

Yes, yes, let's delve into killing people per beliefs shall we?

I didn't think an actual happening is a derail. If it is, let's start a new thread about belief systems and killing by there influence.

The question I was asking wasn't about using the bible to show difference of belief, but rather, misusing the bible to intentionally harm.

Do you think it is possible to flame by misusing Scripture, ignoring context, lifting a verse randomly,lot looking at the culture of the time, who is talking, to whom, when, and why, but rather, looking at it superficially, and with malicious intent?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
You mean like the pagans and tax collectors?

You need to reread them.

And pay attention to all of the parables.

Really? So the apostles went around saying "We're pretty bad, BUT LOOK AT THESE TAX COLLECTORS AND PAGANS! WOW! THEY MAKE US LOOK GOOD AND THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"

Please, quote that verse.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

It seems this thread has run its course - we've gone off topic too many times and efforts to redirect to the original topic have failed. We are unfortunately left with no choice but to close this thread.

I think having this open communication has been really helpful.

And a finally thought: Staff do not want to issue warnings/infractions, what we want is that everyone abides by the rules so that everyone can enjoy their time on CF. Please think before you post and lash out against your fellow members. Please just try to be civil and respectful of everyone's right to their own opinion.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.