Let's start at the beginning... Is there a God who knows absolutely everything...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
start at the beginning, yes I have a comment

read the KJV Holy Bible a couple times

and enroll in liberal arts college

with a bible major
With these ideas, I don't think so... (not the reading the Bible part) (which I do plenty of in multiple different translations BTW, including a KJV)...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James2018

Jun 27, 2018
Buffalo
✟2,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't really matter what you think.

The AV 1611 KJV Holy Bible is the most
published, distributed, translated,
preached and believed Bible of all time !

The AV 1611 KJV Holy Bible is the most
published, distributed, translated,
preached and believed Book of all time !

You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

baryogenesis

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2010
cancelled
✟45,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is unknowable...?

I don't think God would do, nor did, nor would ever, do that to us...

God Bless!

Interesting point! Tell me what you think about Romans 11:33-36.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Interesting point! Tell me what you think about Romans 11:33-36.
I think, that Paul didn't mean that they (God) (Godhead) were completely unknowable... I just think he was kind of "blown away" by some of the revelations he was getting and having and was kind of "in awe" at the time... And was seeking to glorify and elevate God, in that moment...

And/cause I guarantee you, Paul certainly did not mean that we should not "try to know/understand/comprehend God" and all of that... Cause, I mean, just look at what he spent his life trying to do...? Was it not just that...? (seeking to know God more and more and fuller and fuller each time)...?

Which means we should as well, right...? And it will more than likely come in stages and steps as well, in many "levels" to knowing (God)... Getting closer and closer each time... But can we ever fully get there...? That is the question...?

And we should not, not try either or as well, cause we should try, after all, that's what true followers and believers in Jesus spent their lives doing, was seeking to "know and better understand God" right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was having a conversation with someone else about this, and he was talking about God's omni-benevolence, and I said this to him:

Why does it make you question the omni-benevolence of God the Father, the fact that he knows everything, and I mean everything, from the beginning and all the way back to the beginning...? I suggest you explore that "why" brother...?

For it does not for me, not anymore anyway... And it's not because I know all of everything about it... exactly "how" he is omni-benevolent... (though I do know a little bit more about it now, but not everything)... Anyway, it's not because I know all of exactly "how" he is omni-benevolent... I just know and have enough "faith" that he is... And while I may not understand all of it, or everything about it, or exactly how (yet) (IOW's just because I cannot put him in my little box) it does not make me doubt it (his goodness) at all... (that he is most certainly indeed omni-benevolent)... I know, that I know, that I know that, he is "always" "good" (and holy and just and righteous) (and in short, very, very good) (omni-benevolent)... Why do "you" doubt that brother? (and again, I'd explore that "why" if I were you)...

Anyway, I know that he has very, very good and holy and just reasons for all that is (us) (creation) and all that he knows (everything) and all that he does (or does not do), "whatever the reasons", I will not question his goodness or his omni-benevolence, ever (anymore)...

I always proceed now, with the assumption, that, for one, he (the Father) "knows all", and then, also, that he is (always) good (and holy, just, all that, ect) (in short, "omni-benevolent"), and go from there with "everything else" or anything, or everything else I might think or do... And as I said, "go from there"...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was having a conversation with someone else about this, and he was talking about God's omni-benevolence, and I said this to him:

Why does it make you question the omni-benevolence of God the Father, the fact that he knows everything, and I mean everything, from the beginning and all the way back to the beginning...? I suggest you explore that "why" brother...?

For it does not for me, not anymore anyway... And it's not because I know all of everything about it... exactly "how" he is omni-benevolent... (though I do know a little bit more about it now, but not everything)... Anyway, it's not because I know all of exactly "how" he is omni-benevolent... I just know and have enough "faith" that he is... And while I may not understand all of it, or everything about it, or exactly how (yet) (IOW's just because I cannot put him in my little box) it does not make me doubt it (his goodness) at all... (that he is most certainly indeed omni-benevolent)... I know, that I know, that I know that, he is "always" "good" (and holy and just and righteous) (and in short, very, very good) (omni-benevolent)... Why do "you" doubt that brother? (and again, I'd explore that "why" if I were you)...

Anyway, I know that he has very, very good and holy and just reasons for all that is (us) (creation) and all that he knows (everything) and all that he does (or does not do), "whatever the reasons", I will not question his goodness or his omni-benevolence, ever (anymore)...

I always proceed now, with the assumption, that, for one, he (the Father) "knows all", and then, also, that he is (always) good (and holy, just, all that, ect) (in short, "omni-benevolent"), and go from there with "everything else" or anything, or everything else I might think or do... And as I said, "go from there"...

God Bless!
I would like to suggest to you that bad (and bad ones) "had (have) to be" for a time, in order to bring about the much more, and very much more greater, and far more glorious and much, much greater good, that God wanted to bring about, than even was in the beginning, in the end... or in and with some "time"... Or that made periods of time a(nd realities) (fallen realities) like we are in now, necessary...

As for the fate of bad ones and the purpose of bad ones, I think that is linked to making the good ones even better, or preparing them for the better, and like I said, in the end... Or (the bad ones) were/are for making the good ones into what they need or needed to be for heaven... That could be part of their (the bad ones) purpose, and why God made them bad...

As for their "fate" or "hell" or whatever, I would like to suggest that "hell", or ones meant and or created for hell, could be ones "only meant for fallen realities" like eternally existing in realities like this one we have here, now... Where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (the fire), all that (eternal death)...

That the bad ones don't go where the good ones go, ever, but may be kind of "continuously recycled" for the fallen kind of realities only, and that, that, or this kind of reality here could be hell... And the good ones "transcend" or experience a kind of "transformation" here (in part due to the bad and bad ones), and the good ones made to go to heaven, go to heaven, in part, due to the bad they went through (who experienced a different kind of response to the "fire") (of this life) and in part due to the bad ones here, now...

Like I said, always proceed from the assumption that God knows all (which means he made all (creation, us) to all be the way it is, both in the past, and now, and in the future, ect) Anyway, always ALWAYS proceed from the assumption that God knows all, and that he is always good, or omni-benevolent, and never ever bad...

God Bless!

Reactions: baryogenesis
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He doesn't "control" it, just knows it (all) (what we will choose) all the way back to the beginning, from before making it... Based on fully knowing, fully, "all" the (very numerous) preexisting conditions and all the (very numerous) "factors" and all the numerous "influences" (on us) that leads us to, and dictates/influences (controls) (all) our decisions and all our decision making processes...

I'm talking about a God who knows all of that, all the way back to the beginning...

God Bless!
That last one: We all operate, including the Son(s) (Jesus/YHWH) within the "program" of the Father God so to speak, and all those influences/factors/preexisting conditions are like lines of code, kind of, so to speak, all of which a truly all-knowing God would know, and as I said, from the every beginning of making it, would know how it all would go, ect...

And as I said before, what does he do with "this"...? (this knowledge, this level of awareness, this perception, "whatever")...?

I always work of the assumption now, that the true God, the Highest God, the true Father is all knowing in this way, and also that he is always good (omni-benevolent) and never, ever bad or evil at all... knows about it (evil), made it (evil), sometimes uses it, but is not it at all, ever... His plans are always good, always just, always good, righteous and holy...

Ours is to figure out why or how, based on those two assumptions, and proceed from there always...

Good journeys!

God Bless!

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's start at the beginning... Is there a God who knows absolutely everything...?

God knows everything that can be known. Things that cannot be known cannot be known but God knows what things cannot be known too. Is that confusing? :)

And, I mean "everything"...?

And, if so, how so...?

And, what does he do with this knowledge...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

And, if so, how so...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Creator of all things seen and unseen, which would include creator of the space time continuum.
All of time exists, past, present and future, in the mind of the God who created it.
It would be impossible for God to not know absolutely everything, because he created everything right down to the nanosecond and atom through to the eon and the universe.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
With these ideas, I don't think so... (not the reading the Bible part) (which I do plenty of in multiple different translations BTW, including a KJV)...

God Bless!
The Personal-Infinite God of the Bible is the beginning. There was no one before Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I really would love an answer to the OP. I have been pondering this for a while also. What does it mean to have free will truly and is it really free if God knew infinite possibilities upon the conception of our universe? He ultimately had to make a choice as to which direction he would set all things in motion, right? That includes us and our free will decisions right? How is this possible?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I really would love an answer to the OP. I have been pondering this for a while also. What does it mean to have free will truly and is it really free if God knew infinite possibilities upon the conception of our universe? He ultimately had to make a choice as to which direction he would set all things in motion, right? That includes us and our free will decisions right? How is this possible?
We have total free will. Every single person mentioned in the Bible had total free will in the decisions they made. There are no examples of anyone who was programmed like a robot. Even the inhabitants of Canaan had free will to choose or reject the God of Israel. There are two examples where heathen people chose for God. Rahab the prostitute chose God when she protected the spies in Jericho. The Gibeonites, although through deception, chose to get an agreement from Joshua to spare their lives, in effect, choosing for God instead of rejecting Him.

Joshua told the Israelites to choose this day whom they will serve, and told them that he and his house would choose to serve the Lord. Ten of the spies who first spied out the land chose to give a negative report, but Joshua and Caleb chose differently. All 12 spies had free choice. Achan chose to either obey Joshua's instructions not to take anything of value from Jericho, but he chose different and paid the price.

We can live any way we choose, but there is a price to pay at the end of it. God has given us total free choice, but there will be an accounting one day. God does not want conscripts in His service. He wants free volunteers, and everyone who freely chooses Christ as Saviour is a free volunteer and the consequences will be positive instead of negative for them.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could it be that life is already pre determined while having free will simultaneously? I believe that is where I am at right now. Did God choose for the depressed man to hurl himself over a tall building? Of course not! God wants us to choose what He would have us do. It would appear that regardless the outcome from the initial spark that God created everything, He has intended a greater purpose for all of creation with the end goal in mind. So now we have the ability to choose freely what it is God would have us choose, so that when we raise our hand, so does God with us. Even while He knows every outcome, it is not for us to know, only that which he allows as gifts for us. In a way I get it, he knows everything front to back therefore we are like some computer sequence just running it's course in time. If God did not know all things it would not be so! No I'm not saying this from a naturalistic perspective because we have the capacity to freely choose and change and grow and learn. All I truly know is that when we see it like this we don't have a choice but to choose God in all things we do.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Could it be that life is already pre determined while having free will simultaneously? I believe that is where I am at right now. Did God choose for the depressed man to hurl himself over a tall building? Of course not! God wants us to choose what He would have us do. It would appear that regardless the outcome from the initial spark that God created everything, He has intended a greater purpose for all of creation with the end goal in mind. So now we have the ability to choose freely what it is God would have us choose, so that when we raise our hand, so does God with us. Even while He knows every outcome, it is not for us to know, only that which he allows as gifts for us. In a way I get it, he knows everything front to back therefore we are like some computer sequence just running it's course in time. If God did not know all things it would not be so! No I'm not saying this from a naturalistic perspective because we have the capacity to freely choose and change and grow and learn. All I truly know is that when we see it like this we don't have a choice but to choose God in all things we do.
This is quite true, because we are putting our trust in our Personal-Infinite God in what He has communicated to us in the Bible, which is THE book, and not just any piece of literature. This is the book that He told Moses, Joshua, and every other Biblical writer to write. Look at the times He told people to write a record of events. He wanted to have it all in writing because He wanted us to have an accurate record of what He has said and done through the ages. This is why Luke did very comprehensive research before writing his gospels. He said that he interviewed many eye-witnesses of the events he wrote about. It was because he wanted to write an absolutely accurate record of what Jesus did and said, and how the early Church was formed and developed.

Because God is infinite and we are finite, we are not going to know everything about Him and how He goes about how He works with mankind. We don't really know what He means by predestination. We can only guess, and many are guessing wrong. All I really know is that one day I received Christ as my Saviour and it changed my life, and I know that it is only by the grace of God that I have remained true to His Word and not some modernist theology for the last 50 years. Although I chose to hold to Reformed theology which has its foundation in the Bible, He made sure that written material came my way to support my choice. It is as if He and I are working together to maintain my faith in Him and His Word. Isn't that what the Bible says, that we are co-labourers with Him? It is not that we are equal with God, because He is infinite and we are finite, but it is a greatness of God that He comes down and fellowships with us and works with us to keep us on the right track.

Reactions: Valetic
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,553.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If he doesn't, how could he be God?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If he doesn't, how could he be God?
God knows everything that can be known. He is infinite, so His knowledge of everything is infinite. We will be with Him for eternity, and in all that time, we will never get to the bottom of what God knows! Isn't that exciting?

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And, if so, how so...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Psalm 127 (WEB)
Unless Yahweh builds the house,
they labor in vain who build it.
Unless Yahweh watches over the city,
the watchman guards it in vain.

God can remember everything a man ever did. If you reach the understanding that it is God who knows more than you, you should trust God more.

How can you attain knowledge of God? Could you find it in the scriptures? Jesus quoted the scriptures and the scriptures were quoted in Acts. Could you find evidence of God's knowledge in a library full of books? How could one become sensitive enough to sense God's responses to prayer? Should you not rely on the testimony of those who think God is false or who try to imagine God as conforming to their own sinful desires?

Matthew 6:6 (WEB) But you, when you pray, enter into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Miracles have happened; unseen by many.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In regard to how God can know all things I think that'd come under the heading of understanding all mysteries. Years ago I was intrigued to ponder about time or the outside of time aspects of God and truly believe I got a flash in my mind of how it all works that is from a science physics perspective. Problem is things of a greater import trump the need to even share things like that. What I mean is Jesus (God) in ministering to humans always kept things simple.

If it comes from the Father it will have simplicity stamped on it. Jesus spoke the truth of God using the most simple easy to understand illustrations. He spoke of shepherds and sheep folds he talked about farmers planting seeds. (John 10:11/Mark 4) How the kingdom functions in a simple way is what God majors in. Think of it like a TV. The manufacturers of the set tells you the basic operating knowledge as in plug it in, press a button or turn a dial but they don't go into great detail and rip off the back and get inside looking to understand various components.

There's no way you could understand that with a simple mind so God basically makes some knowledge classified Using modern vernacular it might blow your mind if you come to know the secrets and there's very few people you could share them with without causing strife or misunderstandings which in turn becomes counterproductive in advancing the Kingdom. Paul the Apostle stated as well that he came to the realization of certain things in the Spirit which were unspeakable that is when he was caught up to heaven.

And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 2 Corinthians 12:3-4

Unspeakable things again aren't that way for a reason that they're profane....no unspeakable for while true what's to be gained by sharing them? What roads does it take the hearers down when all the time God wants the focus of the Christian mind to be on things like walking in LOVE, prayer, learning about the how to walk in victory in the Christian life to prepare oneself for the next coming age.

ON mysteries I do believe that I've seen a few things or I have a blueprint in my mind as to how something works, and even at least feel that I have a witness in my spirit that it's true BUT....basically none sharable for I care about the mental state of fellow believers not wanting them lulled off into things of minor importance. In closing this one particular mystery I claim to have seen into I acknowledge I could be very wrong. Don't think so though. We'll see for sure in the next age. Maybe you too feel you see or understand a few various things...again not always wise to share it. Think of what's for the greater good. :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I believe so, yes.

And, if so, how so...?

I don't know. I would imaging no one under His knowledge knows. A good guess is in His name: He exists with all possible knowledge available at every possible instant generated per instant. It isn't that hard to fathom; what is difficult is finding a reference point for infinity.

He at least created everything that exists, and outwardly loves His creation in a direct way through the Redeemer.

Comments...?

God Bless!

There are gods, principalities, archons, powers and then the Most High God. Some of these are extremely powerful entities, but they are created. Even if archons, for example, have the knowledge of the universe and several heavens, they are not the Most High God - in the superlative.

The "Church", as it were, has destroyed the knowledge of the Most High God by choosing what information is appropriate for the souls of other humans, and campaigning what is, and isn't available.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And, if so, how so...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

This is how he knows everything because everything is made by him, made through through him and made for him. Because of this nothing exists outside the knowledge of God.

Upvote 0