Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is a stereotype

Women love to tell each other things, even mundane things, I see it when my wife talks to other women.....AND I see it in this thread where there are 50 female posts to 10 male, means GENERALLY women like it better.

Same with that thread awhile back that I couldnt for the life of me figure out...about how people eat......it was also more women, but some men too, saying things like "I scoot my green beans to the right side then eat my asparagus with a spoon" and stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it annoying to you? Or other men? Should I move this thread to Women's Discussion?

I like that you posted it for both men and women. It's fun to see how the men who chose to participate answer!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans, you and I may be the only two women in Nebraska who don't watch football! My husband is probably the only man! LOL

You and Romans are one thing, but your Nebraskan HUSBAND doesn't like football?
Jawdrop.gif

I like that you posted it for both men and women. It's fun to see how the men who chose to participate answer!:thumbsup:

Good to know. I welcome the men's participation, but I don't want to annoy them.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Jawdrop.gif

Good to know. I welcome the men's participation, but I don't want to annoy them.
I break the mold my not becoming annoyed easily.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Romans, you and I may be the only two women in Nebraska who don't watch football! My husband is probably the only man! LOL

Oh, my heart goes out to you! I was born and raised in Omaha, but I don't live in Nebraska anymore, so thankfully, I am away from the mania! I can remember trying to get away from it all on Saturdays in the fall, but it was no use. There was nowhere (within the city) I could go, where it wasn't at least on a radio blaring through some loud speakers. I kid you not, to this day, I can't stand the sound of a sport's announcer's voice!;)

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Jawdrop.gif

My husband doesn't like football either! In fact, that was the thing that made my sister say, "He is the one." The only thing is, he's not from Nebraska. Nonetheless, he's not a football fan!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Originally Posted by sdmsanjose http://www.christianforums.com/t7566528-6/#post57695766
I am an older man that was born in California and raised in Arizona. My father is a Mexican and my mother is a German. I am a beanerschnitzel

Stereotypes I fit:
  • I love burritos and beans and German Chocolate cake
  • I now like my recliner more than sports
  • My adult son and grandson live with me (Mexican sterotype)
  • I Like big butts and I can not lie (Jay-lo Oh YEAH!)
  • I am always on time (German)

Stereotypes that don't apply at all:

• Lazy and drink lots of beer
  • Love the Arizona sunshine
  • I am a hot headed red head
  • I like sauerkraut
  • I can play the accordion

reply by WalkswithChrist
Did you know German chocolate cake isn't German at all? The person who invented it here in the US used German's brand chocolate. That's how it got the "German" name. True story. I heard that on Food Network anyways!

I did not know that. I guess things are not always as they seem.
I still love German/American Chocolate cake.

I will replace my stereotype of German cake with; I love polkas!

I will add one more to the “Stereotypes I Fit” column
I like brilliant colors more than pastels!
My wife will not let me pick the paint colors for the inside or outside of our house! Wonder why?

Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think Nebraska is bad, try living in Pittsburgh. Holy crow, now those football fans are just plain fanatical. I moved there after I got married and only lived there for 3 years. I had a woman yell at me while I was at my job working because I wasn't a Steelers fan. I didn't say anything negative about them at all, I only said that I didn't follow them because I wasn't a fan, but man did she let me have it!

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like brilliant colors more than pastels!
My wife will not let me pick the paint colors for the inside or outside of our house! Wonder why?

I'm a woman and I don't like pastels either. We're painting now; my color choices. Know what I picked? Red and yellow. (Technically "cranberry zing" and "soft candlelight," but as you'll see, I don't speak that language.) And we have blue furniture; this makes a nice, basic primary-color triad. Stereotype has it that men see the world in 16 colors. Why sweat over comparing "ivory" to "eggshell," or maybe "pearl" would look better, or--no, wait, this "marshmallow" is lovely--good grief, it's comparing "white" to "white." Supposedly this is because men are more prone to colorblindness. Well, I am a woman and have good color vision, but I'm that way too. Keep it basic, and forget that "pumpkin" or "tangerine" or "rust" kind of talk. Call it what it is: just plain orange.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband doesn't like football either! In fact, that was the thing that made my sister say, "He is the one." The only thing is, he's not from Nebraska. Nonetheless, he's not a football fan!

I'm a member of this club; my husband doesn't give a hoot about sports. What surprised me is that Blythe's husband is from Nebraska (I lived in Omaha for two years; I know how it is) and doesn't like football. Mine grew up in Los Angeles.

Which brings to mind, does anyone know any Los Angeles stereotypes? All I can think of is, my husband has never surfed or used drugs, has no tattoos or piercings, and does not throw "like," "totally," or "dude" into every other sentence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Originally Posted by sdmsanjose http://www.christianforums.com/t7566528-8/#post57716929
I like brilliantcolorsmorethanpastels!

I'm a woman and I don't like pastels either. We're painting now; my color choices. Know what I picked? Red and yellow. (Technically "cranberry zing" and "soft candlelight," but as you'll see, I don't speak that language.) And we have blue furniture; this makes a nice, basic primary-color triad. Stereotype has it that men see the world in 16 colors. Why sweat over comparing "ivory" to "eggshell," or maybe "pearl" would look better, or--no, wait, this "marshmallow" is lovely--good grief, it's comparing "white" to "white." Supposedly this is because men are more prone to colorblindness. Well, I am a woman and have good color vision, but I'm that way too. Keep it basic, and forget that "pumpkin" or "tangerine" or "rust" kind of talk. Call it what it is: just plain orange.

LoveBirdsFlying
We must be related!
My GMC Yukon is cranberry and so is my town car. I used to have the whole living room in blue; blue carpet, blue sofa, blue recliners, etc. That was the last time my wife let me have a say in the colors!

My wife does let me do some of the landscaping. I have brilliant red hibiscus, orange lantana, and purple bougainvilleas. People that drive by and look at my landscape get a free psychedelic trip without drugs!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

LoveBirdsFlying
We must be related!
My GMC Yukon is cranberry and so is my town car. I used to have the whole living room in blue; blue carpet, blue sofa, blue recliners, etc. That was the last time my wife let me have a say in the colors!

My wife does let me do some of the landscaping. I have brilliant red hibiscus, orange lantana, and purple bougainvilleas. People that drive by and look at my landscape get a free psychedelic trip without drugs!

:waaah:

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it annoying to you? Or other men? Should I move this thread to Women's Discussion?

No not annoyed...I cant even imagine being annoyed by a thread on a forum, thread im not even participating in.... Are there people who get annoyed at such things?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
You think Nebraska is bad, try living in Pittsburgh. Holy crow, now those football fans are just plain fanatical. I moved there after I got married and only lived there for 3 years. I had a woman yell at me while I was at my job working because I wasn't a Steelers fan. I didn't say anything negative about them at all, I only said that I didn't follow them because I wasn't a fan, but man did she let me have it!
My last roommate in college was a HUGE Steelers fan. When they were playing, he'd be jumping up and down (which caused our downstairs neighbors no end of frustration!!), throw things, scream at the top of his lungs...the whole nine yards. He had a foam brick to throw or else he'd trash his room!!
^_^

Heaven help you if you were within earshot if they had the *nerve* to make a bad play...or LOSE!

He embodied the stereotype to the hilt.

Here's one of the things I remember him screaming:
HEY REF! I'M COMING TO YOUR HOUSE TO SHOOT YOUR DOG AND TAG YOUR SISTER!
:doh:

I went to a football game with him once.
Once!
:p

Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My last roommate in college was a HUGE Steelers fan. When they were playing, he'd be jumping up and down (which caused our downstairs neighbors no end of frustration!!), throw things, scream at the top of his lungs...the whole nine yards. He had a foam brick to throw or else he'd trash his room!!
^_^

Heaven help you if you were within earshot if they had the *nerve* to make a bad play...or LOSE!

He embodied the stereotype to the hilt.

Here's one of the things I remember him screaming:
HEY REF! I'M COMING TO YOUR HOUSE TO SHOOT YOUR DOG AND TAG YOUR SISTER!
:doh:

I went to a football game with him once.
Once!
:p

Yup, that's pretty much the norm! Now just imagine being surrounded by 300,000 people like that. It was awful. I'm okay with supporting your team, but to criticize and yell and people who aren't from there and don't support the team? Are you kidding me? :doh: When they played the Superbowl... holy carp, my husband and I hid ourselves in the apartment. Cops were EVERYWHERE. And when they won.... well, the hubby and I only got about 2 hours of sleep that night.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Yup, that's pretty much the norm! Now just imagine being surrounded by 300,000 people like that. It was awful. I'm okay with supporting your team, but to criticize and yell and people who aren't from there and don't support the team? Are you kidding me? :doh: When they played the Superbowl... holy carp, my husband and I hid ourselves in the apartment. Cops were EVERYWHERE. And when they won.... well, the hubby and I only got about 2 hours of sleep that night.
Yeah, I don't think I could deal with that! I like my sleep way too much.

Upvote 0